ADVERTISEMENT

Hope that’s Blough can return. He has played well

Sparks most likely.
Sparks but they’ll get reps for Sipe in practice as well. One thing that Purdue has is some decent QB depth as Sparks can throw it enough to be effective, when called upon to do so....but if Sindelar goes down, I think you would see something similar to what Illinois does. Use Sparks a majority of the time and possibly bring Sipe in on obvious passing downs IF he shows an ability to read the defenses properly AND if he can throw the ball better overall than sparks.

Thought Sipe was redshirting. I don't think they would want to pull the shirt to lose a season of eligibility for a game or two.

I don't see any Boris. While the team has improved, they've not improved enough to make a bowl. The only bowl will be the Old Oaken Bucket bowl which will vindicate the hiring of Brohm or Allen.
TD2, I am not discouraged. At he beginning of the season I said that one more win each year will be good progress for Brohm, and we're already there for 2017. I'll be happy with five wins next year.

With Blough out, two starting OL out, receivers with the dropsies and our propensity for disaster when receiving punts, one more win is iffy at best and two more is a very long shot.

Even if we can win 5,I`m a happy boiler:)
It would be more content than happy for me. Knowing Purdue is headed in right direction is certainly positive, but knowing that there was one or more additional wins that probably should have been there would prevent me from really being happy.

blough 6 month rehab and miss spring practice (brohm today).

more time for the newbies I guess... hopefully one will really separate next year

Tough that Blough is going to miss spring practice. Will definitely hurt his development. Hopefully he can come back sooner than they expect.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT