ADVERTISEMENT

Hmmm

Oct 29, 2012
I expect to see a lot of love today from the ones bashing our team! Not only did Purdue beat a ranked team, but they are saying the front court of Maryland ,Bruno and Smith are probably the best in our league. Matt Haarms played very well, as did others to get this HUGE WIN! I was extremely excited for Wheeler to get the minutes he did and the production from him in the 21 minutes he tallied was unbelievable! I could go on, but as of Saturday, I said we would know more after this game and I think we will be in every game from here on out.

I expect to see a lot of love today from the ones bashing our team! Not only did Purdue beat a ranked team, but they are saying the front court of Maryland ,Bruno and Smith are probably the best in our league. Matt Haarms played very well, as did others to get this HUGE WIN! I was extremely excited for Wheeler to get the minutes he did and the production from him in the 21 minutes he tallied was unbelievable! I could go on, but as of Saturday, I said we would know more after this game and I think we will be in every game from here on out.
I can see a lot of teams struggling against the Terps front line. Teams like IU that have no real center are going to have a very hard time against them.

Haarms gets some hate on here but he frustrated Fernando last night enough that he made mistakes. There was one play after Haarms was called for a foul that Fernando did some kind of fist pump thingy. Now while Haarms can't bang down low, that I think was one of those "hidden" things that had an impact that might go unnoticed.

I can see a lot of teams struggling against the Terps front line. Teams like IU that have no real center are going to have a very hard time against them.

Haarms gets some hate on here but he frustrated Fernando last night enough that he made mistakes. There was one play after Haarms was called for a foul that Fernando did some kind of fist pump thingy. Now while Haarms can't bang down low, that I think was one of those "hidden" things that had an impact that might go unnoticed.

I just think we need to give credit, when it is due for sure to these players. Haarms showed up big last night and Wheeler. People shouldn't be looking for ways to put this team down win or lose. It's frustrating to hear people bash no matter the outcome.

Wheeler 3 at the end of the 1st half was huge. Cline was forcing. Maryland had scoring droughts just like we do. Our defense on Fernando was nice as he was frustrated. Great gut check win.

Reactions: hoosierdog1
Wheeler 3 at the end of the 1st half was huge. Cline was forcing. Maryland had scoring droughts just like we do. Our defense on Fernando was nice as he was frustrated. Great gut check win.

Cline hasn't really had an off night yet, so I am thankful the others stepped up. Grady, Matt and Nojel all scored before Carsen or obviously Ryan since he didn't score I don't believe. Wheeler was huge and I see good things coming from Sasha (minus telegraphing two passes). Texas will be another opportunity for us. They just fell out of the rankings like we did.

Good win for Purdue because Maryland has much more talent it appeared. Purdue just struggles to recruit upper crust talent it seems. Painter gets by with less but that typically leads to flameouts come tourney time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT