ADVERTISEMENT

Rest Edey & Smith...

BoilerInChiTown

True Freshman
Oct 5, 2016
I"m glad Braden is okay. Two scares from him in the last two games. Let's rest Edey and Smith. The BIG tournament are for teams like OSU fighting to get to the real tournament.
Nothing to gain and a lot to lose for a team like Purdue

Good excuses to get Colvin and Heide more minutes. We need their game experience more than a meaningless 🏆. Save it for the real thing and no injuries please.

I"m glad Braden is okay. Two scares from him in the last two games. Let's rest Edey and Smith. The BIG tournament are for teams like OSU fighting to get to the real tournament.

Good excuses to get Colvin and Heide more minutes. We need their game experience more than a meaningless 🏆. Save it for the real thing and no injuries please.
I would love to see you tell Zach, your not playing for the BTT, because you need to rest! He would flatten you like a bag of cheap chips! You don't learn anything or gain nothing by not playing. Their is not one player or coach who would agree with you. You go from having a chance to win 2 trophies, to having a chance to win none. Are a IU flunky?

one clown on the Rutgers board said Smith was a diva always acting like he's hurt bad all the time

I would love to see you tell Zach, your not playing for the BTT, because you need to rest! He would flatten you like a bag of cheap chips! You don't learn anything or gain nothing by not playing. Their is not one player or coach who would agree with you. You go from having a chance to win 2 trophies, to having a chance to win none. Are a IU flunky?
Why they gotta be cheap chips? Don’t all chips flatten equally?

• Haha
Reactions: Heads up BOILER

Just play don’t take anything for granted Arizona lost to Oregon thinking it would be easy

I likw this thinking, but this is the kid who played several games on a broken foot to finish the end of his Sr year in HS.

Braden will be out there. It's in his DNA to not sit out.

I think Painter will keep a close eye and have him on a pitch count against Wisky though. It will be a great chance for Jones to get some extended run at PG, and Colvin will get more time too at Jones normal spot by default. I think the light might be starting to come on for him, and now he could get the big opportunity he's been waiting for.

I likw this thinking, but this is the kid who played several games on a broken foot to finish the end of his Sr year in HS.

Braden will be out there. It's in his DNA to not sit out.

I think Painter will keep a close eye and have him on a pitch count against Wisky though. It will be a great chance for Jones to get some extended run at PG, and Colvin will get more time too at Jones normal spot by default. I think the light might be starting to come on for him, and now he could get the big opportunity he's been waiting for.
Yes, Braden is a tough kid mentally if some don't already know. The question in my mind is whether playing yesterday after he was hurt if it kept it loose as sometimes happens with a twist of the ankle or whether it tightens up overnight. I think we will see some of that if his jump on his shot is less and he shoots short potentially as a result...as well as his overall burst.

I'm glad it wasn't a quick twitch muscle as I've torn that in each of my calfs

Reactions: BoilerAndy
On Braden:
I wonder how much post-game swelling or lack thereof will factor into his playing time today.

I trust the coaches and medical staff to make the appropriate decisions.

I'm a Purdue grad that would trade about a dozen BIG tropies for a NC tropy and most real Purdue fans would. We have the 1 seed locked, already and has the regular season tropy and 25 other BIG trophies. It's time to take the next step. Play Edey and Smith 22-25 minutes but rest them for the REAL thing next week. Heide and Colvin get the experience they needed to help us in the next step. Win-win.

Reactions: boilermaker75
Yes, Braden is a tough kid mentally if some don't already know. The question in my mind is whether playing yesterday after he was hurt if it kept it loose as sometimes happens with a twist of the ankle or whether it tightens up overnight. I think we will see some of that if his jump on his shot is less and he shoots short potentially as a result...as well as his overall burst.

I'm glad it wasn't a quick twitch muscle as I've torn that in each of my calfs
I was thinking about this last night. I'm sure the trainer was giving treatments to minimize swelling and to keep it loose. If he plays, the key is to warm up properly.

I'm a Purdue grad that would trade about a dozen BIG tropies for a NC tropy and most real Purdue fans would. We have the 1 seed locked, already and has the regular season tropy and 25 other BIG trophies. It's time to take the next step. Play Edey and Smith 22-25 minutes but rest them for the REAL thing next week. Heide and Colvin get the experience they needed to help us in the next step. Win-win.
Not sure how to qualify a "real Purdue fan" and not share with the team's desire to win everything they can. I don't think their priorities match yours.

As a "real" Purdue fan, I can only assume that you contribute a significant % of your income to Purdue athletics or to the NIL to help the team meet your goals.

I'm gonna quote Herm Edwards. "You play to win the game." I can't see Painter not competing, nor can I see his players agreeing to not compete.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT