ADVERTISEMENT

Edey and Purdue “no fun to watch”

HUD628

Senior
Apr 11, 2007
Been seeing this take a lot, and it’s just so dumb. I got news for these folks; college basketball in general is terrible and no fun to watch. Lol

Seriously, 99% of the guys we watch all the time stink. These games are masonry competitions for crying out loud.

Purdue has the 2nd leading scorer in the nation, averages 86 a game as a team, is the 2nd best 3 pt shooting team in the nation, and this is the team that people think is boring to watch? Insane.

Every game Purdue plays is the biggest story in sports that day so that naturally brings haters I guess.

End rant

I mean I get that but no one else can do that stuff either in college ball. I guess watching Caleb Love go 5-20 is super exciting though lol
Yeah but we're the most talked about so we get the target

When you’re hated it means you are good! Love it - it means we are doing something right
I hope the team embraces the hate/being the villain. I wish just once edey would block the hell out of the ball but also just foul the sh!t outta someone at the same time when they came down the lane and just stare at em. He won’t do it cuz he’s above that but wish he would 😂

Reactions: Schnelk
Yeah Titus and all IU fans are all “Wahhh I am so over watching Zach edey…waaahhhh”. I could understand if it were still like last year where we were shooting like 29% from 3 all season and it was just Zach, but HUD broke it down very nicely and we have more than just Zach.

Reactions: indyogb and tjreese
Yeah Titus and all IU fans are all “Wahhh I am so over watching Zach edey…waaahhhh”. I could understand if it were still like last year where we were shooting like 29% from 3 all season and it was just Zach, but HUD broke it down very nicely and we have more than just Zach.
You’d think that level of stupidity and myopia would not exist within the Indinia faithful — especially considering their last notable team featured a tiny , inconspicuous kid at the 5 named Zeller!

When you’re consistently good and dominant, the hate from the lame underbelly of society is unavoidable—

Been seeing this take a lot, and it’s just so dumb. I got news for these folks; college basketball in general is terrible and no fun to watch. Lol

Seriously, 99% of the guys we watch all the time stink. These games are masonry competitions for crying out loud.

Purdue has the 2nd leading scorer in the nation, averages 86 a game as a team, is the 2nd best 3 pt shooting team in the nation, and this is the team that people think is boring to watch? Insane.

Every game Purdue plays is the biggest story in sports that day so that naturally brings haters I guess.

End rant
Doesn't matter how Purdue plays. The same people would hate it because they hate Purdue winning.

This hatred bothered me for a while. But then I realized that this is how it feels to be a Duke fan. We’ve had the #1 team more weeks the last 3 years than anyone. It’s not really hatred; it’s jealousy. And if we can exorcise the NCAA demon, it’s only going to ramp.
This.

Purdue is the only thing keeping Purdue from being elite… we’re on a clear trajectory to achieve that status.

I’m not sure I agree with this… once we win above and beyond our historic ceiling, I could buy into this.

But not yet.
It used to be that these people hated Purdue's slow, half court game with the focus on defense. This is not the same game.

It's also funny how they fawn over many of the "blue bloods" that got there by cheating, and some of those teams currently have cheating coaches.

I have not heard that take once tbh. And I follow a ton of national college basketball coverage.

But like others, big deal. Keep winning.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
I have not heard that take once tbh. And I follow a ton of national college basketball coverage.

But like others, big deal. Keep winning.
All over Twitter right now. Titus at barstool and then others have picked that up and “agree“. Guess they want to see the usual teams win—Duke (still don’t get how they’re 7?!?), UNC, UConn, KU…or maybe he likes to watch his Alma mater (OSU) throw up bricks left and right or watch FAU struggle through their weak conference?

They certainly love to see Purdue not do well in March and continue to point out that Purdue “always chokes”…even though Purdue had been to 4 S16 in 6 years 🤷‍♂️
These douches KNOW deep down - in places they don’t talk about at parties— that Purdue absolutely belongs among college basketball’s most dominant, most elite programs…

Once we break through, they’ll have nothing.

Not many things you can say to insult us right now so people will latch onto whatever they think sounds legitimate. Never listened to this Titus character and never plan on it, sounds like a douche. Same with most of barstool, though I do like the pizza reviews.

Not many things you can say to insult us right now so people will latch onto whatever they think sounds legitimate. Never listened to this Titus character and never plan on it, sounds like a douche. Same with most of barstool, though I do like the pizza reviews.
couple years ago, they visited one of my haunts

Reactions: johnboiler123
Fans of other teams don't like seeing their team lose and the team they're cheering against win. Color me shocked.

FWIW I have family that cheer for IU that tell me they love watching how we play. I know Duke fans that are in that boat as well. I wouldn't take the opinion of some do-nothing like Mark Titus (or any YouTuber who is barely qualified to talk about basketball let alone claim to be an "expert") as any indication of what everyone thinks.

Last edited:
Fans of other teams don't like seeing their team lose and the team they're cheering against win. Color me shocked.

FWIW I have family that cheer for IU that tell me they love watching how we play. I know Duke fans that are in that boat as well. I wouldn't take the opinion of some do-nothing like Mark Titus (or any YouTuber who is barely qualified to talk about basketball let alone claim to be an "expert") as any indication of what everyone thinks.
Titus did grow up playing with oden (rode his coattails to college) and Conley and walked on to Ohio State and played there….he has some idea about ball for sure. But he comes off super biased at times and arrogant. Has to get the views and listens for barstool…classic personality now. He was better before then. But either way, it’s fine. Hope they have to watch us with a deep tourney run.

Titus did grow up playing with oden (rode his coattails to college) and Conley and walked on to Ohio State and played there….he has some idea about ball for sure. But he comes off super biased at times and arrogant. Has to get the views and listens for barstool…classic personality now. He was better before then. But either way, it’s fine. Hope they have to watch us with a deep tourney run.
There's no shortage of people with a basketball background out there. His is not particularly impressive. YouTube gives a platform to any idiot who wants to talk about anything. I see no reason why his opinion on basketball is of any value. Same with the Sleepers guys. I mean, Albion.......really? Their backgrounds are even less impressive. All they care about are subscribers and views. The reason they keep trying to take digs at Purdue is because our fans go crazy about it and feed their channels. Stop paying attention to them and they'll go away.

I would have thought if anyone could appreciate Zach going from unheralded recruit to all American it would be Titus. But maybe he prefers unheralded guys who stay that way like him. Or like TC said maybe it's just fishing for rage clicks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT