ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue now projected to win the B1G by 4 games

boilerzz

All-American
Jul 5, 2002
West Chester, OH
www.marchfirstbrewing.com
Both KenPom and Torvik have Purdue winning the B1G with a 17-3 record. They both also have Illinois 2nd at 13-7.

When is the last time a B1G team won the conference by 4 games or more? That would be Sparty in 2009, who finished with a 15-3 record, followed by 11-7 Purdue and Illinois. That MSU team lost in the national title game to UNC.

I have to think that at least a little bit, Illinois players were looking ahead to hosting Purdue, especially when they took a lead in East Lansing. They still have some tough road games left between now and then.

Reactions: tjreese
Well guys I have been told that just like last year, it’s a down year in the B1G…so makes sense right? 😂 😂 😂

Doesn’t matter. Need to keep our cyber game faces on at all times. No looking ahead.
Adam Devine Smile GIF by Comedy Central

Purdue Basketball....where Champions come to play.

Purdue dominating the conference. Marching toward our 26th B10 regular season championship. Out in front with the most of any school.

Well guys I have been told that just like last year, it’s a down year in the B1G…so makes sense right? 😂 😂 😂
Just for discussion:

Besides PU, what team in the B1G would any of the top teams in the country be worried about? Put it another way, on this board we often discuss teams that we worry about in the tournament, or ones that we don't want to see in our bracket. If you're a Uconn or Houston fan, do you think you would be listing anyone besides PU from the B1G? I really doubt they are worried about Illinois being in their bracket, certainly not Wisconsin, Northwestern, MSU.......That is my point, it's PU and everyone else in this conference. Nobody else in this conference is scaring anyone.

Just for discussion:

Besides PU, what team in the B1G would any of the top teams in the country be worried about? Put it another way, on this board we often discuss teams that we worry about in the tournament, or ones that we don't want to see in our bracket. If you're a Uconn or Houston fan, do you think you would be listing anyone besides PU from the B1G? I really doubt they are worried about Illinois being in their bracket, certainly not Wisconsin, Northwestern, MSU.......That is my point, it's PU and everyone else in this conference. Nobody else in this conference is scaring anyone.
If I were a top team, I'd be worried about Illinois. I'd be worried about NW. I'd be worried about Izzo and MSU. And even with the slide, Wisconsin has enough pieces that they could cause troubles for a top team.

Reactions: D A Y
Just for discussion:

Illinois is an easy answer. Before TSJ got held out they looked scary, my guess is they will get that mojo back before March. I also wouldn't want NW as my 8/9 across from me as a 1 seed, their annoying D and a hot night from Boui (sp) can upset anyone.

It would be interesting to hear from a Uconn or Houston fan. Maybe you guys are right and they would list Illinois. I don't think they would, but that's just one guys take. I don't think there is anyway a top program would list NW, they aren't scaring anyone with athletic guards. Uconn or Houston would cause huge problems for NW and without any inside game NW would get chewed up by either program. Wisconsin is the same thing, no top team would be losing sleep with them in their bracket.

I think they would say MSU just due to history of being a tough out even as a 7 ish seed.

It would be interesting to hear from a Uconn or Houston fan. Maybe you guys are right and they would list Illinois. I don't think they would, but that's just one guys take. I don't think there is anyway a top program would list NW, they aren't scaring anyone with athletic guards. Uconn or Houston would cause huge problems for NW and without any inside game NW would get chewed up by either program. Wisconsin is the same thing, no top team would be losing sleep with them in their bracket.
Most top teams won't list anyone because they are confident in their teams.

Most top teams won't list anyone because they are confident in their teams.
Probably not true, but maybe they are that confident. I just know when it comes up on here there are usually quite a few answers (teams) listed. maybe that is because of our recent experience in March.

Illinois is an easy answer. Before TSJ got held out they looked scary, my guess is they will get that mojo back before March. I also wouldn't want NW as my 8/9 across from me as a 1 seed, their annoying D and a hot night from Boui (sp) can upset anyone.
Illinois looked scary but they didn’t beat anyone to note with him then and still haven’t to date. I expect a loss for us there in Champaign but guessing it won’t matter by that point.

They have every right to be. 5 ships in 25 years is the best run we’ve seen in quite some time and their team is very good again.
I was quite insulted this morning while listening to the Full Ride show on XM. They had Jeff Goodman on, and Rick Neuheisel asked Jeff, "Is it UConn and everybody else?" Jeff didn't actually ask the question, but extolled the virtues of UConn and then ended by giving some props to Purdue as well.

I was quite insulted this morning while listening to the Full Ride show on XM. They had Jeff Goodman on, and Rick Neuheisel asked Jeff, "Is it UConn and everybody else?" Jeff didn't actually ask the question, but extolled the virtues of UConn and then ended by giving some props to Purdue as well.
I’d say it’s UConn, Purdue and everyone else. I think it’s just the March reputation Purdue has that no one believes in them. I hope we get to see UConn in the tourney. Want to see how we match up and the matchup of Torontosauras vs Cling Cong would be awesome to watch. Would love to see how the rest of the team matches up to UConn’s length and athleticism and how Hurley would try to guard Edey.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT