ADVERTISEMENT

Catchings / Cox / Jacobsen / Burgess / Benter all Signed!

Agree. I'd add that part of the HC's job now is managing who you prioritize to keep and who you let go or manage out. I don't have facts to back it up but there are a bunch of signs that point to Trey having been a transfer risk after last season and MP making it a priority to keep him.

I have no idea if MP will play ten guys (six at the 1-3) this year or not. I don't think he does either, he joked in the interview that he often says he will and then falls back into an 8 or 9 man rotation.
The players decide the rotation with their play. There have been years where it was close, but usually a guy or two doesn't keep playing as well and nature takes over. You want your best out there almost all the time.
IF there is no dropoff at 9, 10 then you've got a whole different situation.
And when #9, #10 are NEW guys with unique talents or skills that COULD grow into IMPORTANT cogs with CULTIVATION, well.............. game on

I believe Painter, and most coaches, want to get past the covid year crap ASAP. There is tons of planning when it come to recruiting and covid year becomes an unknown. Would not surprise me a bit if Painter told them all that he is not going to honor the covid year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT