ADVERTISEMENT

Catchings / Cox / Jacobsen / Burgess / Benter all Signed!

With regards to miles, I’m just repeating everything you experts say! Last year you said smith was going to the nba early. You said Edey was going to turn pro. You claimed when eastern first arrived he was going to be a pro guard! And now you say before he has played a game that Catchings is going to be a one and done and miles is a sure fire nba guard who will be at Purdue for 1-2 years at most.

You posters say all these superlatives about our recruits and first year players before they ever play a game.

It happens every year.

And every year you claim painter is going to change and he’s going to play all these can’t miss future nba superstars. And every year painter plays his veterans who play can play defense over your favorite recruits.

I can’t see that changing any time soon. Miles is going to play behind Jones Loyer and smith this year. Throw Heide into the mix. How many minutes is miles really going to get? 5? 10 at most? And what do super hyped freshmen usually do when they play very limited minutes? They tend to prove to the coach that belong and are deserving of more playing time.

If you’re a stats major and looked up the stats points per minute you would see the leaders of that stat are usually guys playing 2/5 minutes trying to score! Then you say if only that guy posed 30 minutes s game, he’d be scoring 40 points a game.

The sad reality is Loyer and smith are going to receive major minutes this year and they are not going anywhere for the next three years.

And now look at next year. Catchings will arrive. Looking at our team, he’s not going to play center or the 4. Catchings is projected to play the 3. And if Catchings plays the 3, where does miles play? Do you really believe he’s going to beat out Loyer or smith for playing time?

This leads me to believe he will receive limited minutes next year as well. And what do players with nba aspirations do when they only receive limited minutes? They tend to hot dog it and create their own highlight reel plays rather than play team ball. Sand what happens when players try to become their own selfish star? They end up on painter’s bench or they transfer.

And what happens if Harris also arrives at Purdue? There will not be enough playing time to go around.

I’m looking back at history. Who did painter start? He started guys like it, Mathias, cline, And others who played team ball.

When it comes to miles. I can see him jacking up a bunch of shots in limited minutes to try to beat out Loyer! Is he going to be able to do so? I doubt he beats out Loyer. I doubt he beats out Tkr. I doubt he beats out Catchings.

However I can guarantee every year there will be posters here saying I’m stupid and that some player who hasn’t played a minute is going to be awesome and a future nba star! And now that Carsen failed, we now claim he’s going to the next Ivey. Ivey may stay in the league for a few years, but I doubt he comes close to the expectations of his pick in the draft.

But go ahead and have your dreams and continue to call me the fool!

What is miles going to do this year? Who is he going to beat out to start? Who is he going to beat out next year?

And you actually believe painter is going to learn from his previous mistakes? That’s laughable!

And if Miles can’t beat out Loyer, do you truly believe any nba scout is going to have any interest in him? The nba is looking to developmental leagues and Europe s lot more than they are looking at U.S. college players. Open your eyes and take off your homer shades!
1) Myles
2) Can we talk about how Trey was going to start over Zach last year? How about how he was definitely going to transfer if he didn’t? Or about how no player ever redshirts and then plays his fifth year?

With regards to miles, I’m just repeating everything you experts say! Last year you said smith was going to the nba early. You said Edey was going to turn pro. You claimed when eastern first arrived he was going to be a pro guard! And now you say before he has played a game that Catchings is going to be a one and done and miles is a sure fire nba guard who will be at Purdue for 1-2 years at most.

You posters say all these superlatives about our recruits and first year players before they ever play a game.

It happens every year.

And every year you claim painter is going to change and he’s going to play all these can’t miss future nba superstars. And every year painter plays his veterans who play can play defense over your favorite recruits.

I can’t see that changing any time soon. Miles is going to play behind Jones Loyer and smith this year. Throw Heide into the mix. How many minutes is miles really going to get? 5? 10 at most? And what do super hyped freshmen usually do when they play very limited minutes? They tend to prove to the coach that belong and are deserving of more playing time.

If you’re a stats major and looked up the stats points per minute you would see the leaders of that stat are usually guys playing 2/5 minutes trying to score! Then you say if only that guy posed 30 minutes s game, he’d be scoring 40 points a game.

The sad reality is Loyer and smith are going to receive major minutes this year and they are not going anywhere for the next three years.

And now look at next year. Catchings will arrive. Looking at our team, he’s not going to play center or the 4. Catchings is projected to play the 3. And if Catchings plays the 3, where does miles play? Do you really believe he’s going to beat out Loyer or smith for playing time?

This leads me to believe he will receive limited minutes next year as well. And what do players with nba aspirations do when they only receive limited minutes? They tend to hot dog it and create their own highlight reel plays rather than play team ball. Sand what happens when players try to become their own selfish star? They end up on painter’s bench or they transfer.

And what happens if Harris also arrives at Purdue? There will not be enough playing time to go around.

I’m looking back at history. Who did painter start? He started guys like it, Mathias, cline, And others who played team ball.

When it comes to miles. I can see him jacking up a bunch of shots in limited minutes to try to beat out Loyer! Is he going to be able to do so? I doubt he beats out Loyer. I doubt he beats out Tkr. I doubt he beats out Catchings.

However I can guarantee every year there will be posters here saying I’m stupid and that some player who hasn’t played a minute is going to be awesome and a future nba star! And now that Carsen failed, we now claim he’s going to the next Ivey. Ivey may stay in the league for a few years, but I doubt he comes close to the expectations of his pick in the draft.

But go ahead and have your dreams and continue to call me the fool!

What is miles going to do this year? Who is he going to beat out to start? Who is he going to beat out next year?

And you actually believe painter is going to learn from his previous mistakes? That’s laughable!

And if Miles can’t beat out Loyer, do you truly believe any nba scout is going to have any interest in him? The nba is looking to developmental leagues and Europe s lot more than they are looking at U.S. college players. Open your eyes and take off your homer shades!
Who said Smith was going to leave for the nba early? Smith will be lucky to get an nba tryout…he’s been great at being able to get the most of what his ability allows him to do and hopefully he can do a bit more. Who said eastern would be a pro guard? I would also think edey would have turned pro in either gettin drafted late second round or to Europe if not for NIL being around.

How did Carsen fail? Hes playing professional basketball for a living. Are you saying he failed because he’s not on an nba roster? Maybe that’s due to him not being tall or long enough, which is something he can’t control.

Myles hasn’t beaten out Loyer yet because he just started practicing with Purdue at the beginning of August and if you read the posts here, painter has a LOT of different plays and sets. Myles also needs to get up to speed on the college speed of the game and learn defense at the college level. He may surpass Loyer this year, he may not. If he is only getting 5-10 min a game, it either means Loyer is doing really well or Myles is not picking up anything.

Myles and TKR don’t play the same position so I would not expect Myles to beat him out. I would hope we go to more 3 guard next year and it’ll be a rotation of Myles, Smith, Loyer, Heide, Catchings and one of Harris (hopefully) or Cox.

Don’t worry wole, things are going to be ok and work out.

Early guess on 24-25 lineup Furst-TKR-Colvin-Loyer-Smith, Heide, Berg maybe first two off the bench, anyone’s guess from there. This will be a solid team!

Early guess on 24-25 lineup Furst-TKR-Colvin-Loyer-Smith, Heide, Berg maybe first two off the bench, anyone’s guess from there. This will be a solid team!
I have enough trouble figuring out who will start this season, but I think that Heide might play more 4 than three next season. I expect Catchings to play a lot on the wing, probably as a 3.

Myles is a year ahead and has the athleticism already and the shot. Haven’t seen much of gicarri so I’d have to say is Colvin at this point. Harris would play more of a PG/ball handler and Colvin plays 2 or 3
Harris is a top 75 type player. Most guys with a ranking like that have a lot to prove before they drafted.

Just as a comparison Cummings is rated 22 on 247 and I saw on one draft board he's projected as the 31st pick in the 2025 draft. Obviously, things can change but being ranked 75th in your recruiting class doesn't scream NBA draft pick.

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
I have enough trouble figuring out who will start this season, but I think that Heide might play more 4 than three next season. I expect Catchings to play a lot on the wing, probably as a 3.
Definitely could see Heide playing the 4 next year. Such a log jam there now but with Edey and Gillis leaving there will be minutes to be had at the 4. In recent years Morton and Grady have played a lot of minutes at the 4 so I'm not sure why Heide couldn't do it in Painter's system.

Reactions: Roeder
Harris is a top 75 type player. Most guys with a ranking like that have a lot to prove before they drafted.

Just as a comparison Cummings is rated 22 on 247 and I saw on one draft board he's projected as the 31st pick in the 2025 draft. Obviously, things can change but being ranked 75th in your recruiting class doesn't scream NBA draft pick.
Agree. Gicarri is not as athletic as Myles…yet or as highly rated as Catchings. Not sure if Gicarri makes an nba roster ever, but I’d assume, at minimum he’d have to play 3 full years of college before even being considered for the next level.

Happy Pumped Up GIF by AT&T
Final 2 for Harris. Please, everyone panic and freak out. I need chaos to soothe my soul

my gut tells me that if no one were to transfer that Jack Benter has agreed to go to a prep school next year, since he is the least likely if the class to play early anyways. just a hunch.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
If Harris signs its hard for me to see where Waddell ever gets minutes at Purdue. He would be the most logical transfer candidate from a pure basketball standpoint, but I'm not sure how is Purdue ties would influence his decision.

You start with 6 new recruits.

I'm not sure why Furst, TKR or Berg would transfer as there will be plenty of minutes available at the 4 and 5 and those three would have the inside track to those minutes.

In the backcourt I believe Smith, Loyer and Colvin should be able to fill a lot of the back court minutes. Heide could split minutes between the 3 and 4.

That's 13.

Hadn't thought of the prep school route but that seems like a viable alternative. I could also see the guy who doesn't get the minutes they are looking for this year between Loyer, Colvin and Heide, hitting the road, but I think that narrative would play out over the course of the year.

If Harris signs its hard for me to see where Waddell ever gets minutes at Purdue. He would be the most logical transfer candidate from a pure basketball standpoint, but I'm not sure how is Purdue ties would influence his decision.

You start with 6 new recruits.

I'm not sure why Furst, TKR or Berg would transfer as there will be plenty of minutes available at the 4 and 5 and those three would have the inside track to those minutes.

In the backcourt I believe Smith, Loyer and Colvin should be able to fill a lot of the back court minutes. Heide could split minutes between the 3 and 4.

That's 13.

Hadn't thought of the prep school route but that seems like a viable alternative. I could also see the guy who doesn't get the minutes they are looking for this year between Loyer, Colvin and Heide, hitting the road, but I think that narrative would play out over the course of the year.
I think that Waddell looks like he could be a really good player, but I agree that there seems to be a logjam on the wing. I’d rather just wait and see how it plays out than openly speculate about specific players.

Waddell ever gets minutes at Purdue. Furst, TKR or Berg would transfer as there will be plenty of minutes available at the 4 and 5 and those three would have the inside track to those minutes.

If true.....Does it sound like to you the decision has already been made??

If so, that sounds like Waddell or Berg to me. But who knows.

Last edited:
Learn to say thank you. Didn’t your parents raise you better?

SMH
THANK YOU BEEF. That account also is a believer in Jaden playing over Hayes and how it’s crazy Ivey, data wise, is better than Cunningham in Offensive rating and defensive rating, yet Cunningham is the star of the show and Jaden has been relegated to the bench behind Hayes…who is not good.

THANK YOU BEEF. That account also is a believer in Jaden playing over Hayes and how it’s crazy Ivey, data wise, is better than Cunningham in Offensive rating and defensive rating, yet Cunningham is the star of the show and Jaden has been relegated to the bench behind Hayes…who is not good.
Someone posted the offensive and defensive efficiency numbers and Cade is actually awful. I think they are so heavily invested money wise in him they feel like he is the face of the franchise.

If I’m Jaden and this stuff keeps up for the rest of the year, I’m looking for a trade. Go some place that has a veteran PG that he can play alongside and actually excel.

Reactions: oldboiler52
Someone posted the offensive and defensive efficiency numbers and Cade is actually awful. I think they are so heavily invested money wise in him they feel like he is the face of the franchise.

If I’m Jaden and this stuff keeps up for the rest of the year, I’m looking for a trade. Go some place that has a veteran PG that he can play alongside and actually excel.

Cunningham is a work in progress, same as Ivey. Been injured a lot too, so not at 100% a lot of the time he's played. Agreed his numbers are bad now, but he's got a world of PO buying him time. IMO
They have a ton of talent on that team, it's how it fits together. Like the Pacers. For now Jadens PT is and has been on him. He needs to be better and work harder on D. Same as at Purdue.

The 0 status for GT and the #1 status of Purdue seems pretty clear here.
I’m not convinced we’ve got him. His comments recently about GT seem like they have a lot of draw to him. Close to home, family (mom wants him to go there) friends, and he really seems to like what Stoudamire brings to the table; professional ties and successful NBA playing experience as a guard and coaching experience. I believe he’s really torn and that’s been the delay in his commitment. Purdue brings the bigger stage but less personal intangibles… we’ll soon see!

I’m not convinced we’ve got him. His comments recently about GT seem like they have a lot of draw to him. Close to home, family (mom wants him to go there) friends, and he really seems to like what Stoudamire brings to the table; professional ties and successful NBA playing experience as a guard and coaching experience. I believe he’s really torn and that’s been the delay in his commitment. Purdue brings the bigger stage but less personal intangibles… we’ll soon see!
Yep. Sounds like the Purdue staff has done everything right in this recruitment, but ultimately it is Harris’s decision. He definitely seems torn.

Those comments are actually not recent. He made those comments back on July 30 when he announced his final 6 schools. https://www.on3.com//news/gicarri-h...tech-lsu-miami-purdue-stanford-virginia-tech/

Reactions: Boilermb
Yah I missed that statement in Tiptons report from 3 days ago. Although there’s no change in any of the things that he said were attractive about GT when the interview happened. Boiler up Gicarri 🖤💛🏀
I missed it too when I first read the report.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT