ADVERTISEMENT

Catchings / Cox / Jacobsen / Burgess / Benter all Signed!

I would think Harris would be backing up Braden at the 1 his first year. Then possibly being a third starting guard the following year in 2025 (assuming Colvin and Catchings head to NBA).

I think Harris and Cox would basically split the Lance Jones and Ethan Morton minutes

Is it possible a player may be leaving at the end of the first semester? Or plans on giving his scholarship up and Harris signs in the later signing period? Is it possible a player like Edey may play as a walkon? With his NIL money, he really doesn’t need a scholarship!
Edey isn’t doing that, this will be his last year in college.

Great class and glad everyone signed who committed. I have to give blockhead Painter credit. He has set us up with talent for years to come.

Next year will be down some due to Zach leaving and integrating the huge freshman class but the team should still be fun to watch.
The year after expectations should be another BIG title and final 4 with Smith/Loyer/Renn senior class and the freshman class now being experienced sophomores. Heide and Colvin will be battle tested juniors.

Still hope we can get Big dog's son but I don't know who would be leaving to avoid the scholarship limit? Maybe Berg or Furst with all potential 4/5's we will have on the team.
I look for Purdue to be fine next year, hopefully, Furst and TKR play like the top 50 players they were in High School, they’ll have the opportunity to finally shine. Add in Smith, Loyer, Colvin, Heide, Berg with the Frosh and it will be a solid team.

Great class and glad everyone signed who committed. I have to give blockhead Painter credit. He has set us up with talent for years to come.

Next year will be down some due to Zach leaving and integrating the huge freshman class but the team should still be fun to watch.
The year after expectations should be another BIG title and final 4 with Smith/Loyer/Renn senior class and the freshman class now being experienced sophomores. Heide and Colvin will be battle tested juniors.

Still hope we can get Big dog's son but I don't know who would be leaving to avoid the scholarship limit? Maybe Berg or Furst with all potential 4/5's we will have on the team.
Caleb Furst is a jr with 3 years floor experience in a system that was top 5 nationally all year.
He's probably the starting center next year and plays big minutes.
And he has a brother that followed him there.
But sure, he might transfer..............
you guys kill me with this sh*t

I love you guys on here worrying about who's coming going , can't wait to be in the retirement home with you morons, It's a good thing Painter's got all of you around to help him process..🤣

Del Boca Vista going to be rockin......

200w.gif

My question about Edey was more related to the rules about the Covid extension than whether Edey stays or leaves. Does a player have to be on scholarship to receive the Covid extension or can they be a walkon?

As for Edey staying or going pro, several people have pointed out Edey would receive more financially remaining in college and collecting NIL. Money than he would probably receive playing in the NBA.

I’m also not so sure Miles is a one and done or two and done player! He’s going to be fighting for playing time this year and will be fighting Catchings for playing time next year!

It appears there are going to be a lot of players fighting for limited playing time this year and next.

Even with the NIL, and the big money that schools like Kentucky throw at these kids, Painter is an amazing recruiter. You have to give him that. A top 10 class is amazing.

Now, if he can break the Purdue curse of the FF and/or NC, then the national basketball community will be singing his praises too.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Do Dah Day
My question about Edey was more related to the rules about the Covid extension than whether Edey stays or leaves. Does a player have to be on scholarship to receive the Covid extension or can they be a walkon?

As for Edey staying or going pro, several people have pointed out Edey would receive more financially remaining in college and collecting NIL. Money than he would probably receive playing in the NBA.

I’m also not so sure Miles is a one and done or two and done player! He’s going to be fighting for playing time this year and will be fighting Catchings for playing time next year!

It appears there are going to be a lot of players fighting for limited playing time this year and next.
Pretty sure it doesn’t matter if they are a walk on or scholarship player, they get a Covid year.

Myles is not there yet, but his potential (at this point) looks really good. He has more bounce and a better outside shot than what Jaden had AT THIS point in their careers. If Myles can help contribute a good 10-15 min come mid Feb and on, then that’s big. With the sophomore jump, he could be reaaaalllly good…we saw how Jaden improved and on top of that, he is young for his class, so he has a lot of room for imrprovemenr and again, potential. Which is what the NBA drafts on these days. This is why I think Myles prob will be a 2 yr player.

I don’t think he will be directly competing with mins with Catchings next year. I think we see a consistent 3 guard lineup —rotating Smith, Loyer, Myles, Heide, Catchings and (hopefully) Harris on the court.

Players fighting for mins is great for competition and raising the bar of play. Good problem to have.

My thoughts on one and dones and two and dones is the player must actually get some actual playing time. And he has to perform in the playing time he receives. Miles is going to be very hard pressed to get a lot of minutes this year or next year.

This begs the question , will Miles play within the confines of Painters system? Will painter give him a chance to shine and actually be the man over the other players? Will he be selfish and look to score points and make highlight reel dunks in his limited minutes? Can Miles and Catchings coexist on the floor at the same time without each player trying to outdo each other?

I agree many of Purdue’s players have potential to play in the NBA. Potential doesn’t always match reality! Eastern also had nba potential if you asked his mom.

For those in the know, who has more nba potential? Miles or Harris? I would suspect they are both projected to play the same position in the nba

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Even with the NIL, and the big money that schools like Kentucky throw at these kids, Painter is an amazing recruiter. You have to give him that. A top 10 class is amazing.

Now, if he can break the Purdue curse of the FF and/or NC, then the national basketball community will be singing his praises too.
If you look past the trolls talking about our recent chokes, the basketball community already thinks Painter is one of the best coaches in the nation. Almost every unbiased ranking puts him as a fringe top 10 coach.

For those in the know, who has more nba potential? Miles or Harris? I would suspect they are both projected to play the same position in the nba
Myles is a year ahead and has the athleticism already and the shot. Haven’t seen much of gicarri so I’d have to say is Colvin at this point. Harris would play more of a PG/ball handler and Colvin plays 2 or 3

My thoughts on one and dones and two and dones is the player must actually get some actual playing time. And he has to perform in the playing time he receives. Miles is going to be very hard pressed to get a lot of minutes this year or next year.

This begs the question , will Miles play within the confines of Painters system? Will painter give him a chance to shine and actually be the man over the other players? Will he be selfish and look to score points and make highlight reel dunks in his limited minutes? Can Miles and Catchings coexist on the floor at the same time without each player trying to outdo each other?

I agree many of Purdue’s players have potential to play in the NBA. Potential doesn’t always match reality! Eastern also had nba potential if you asked his mom.
Well good thing you’re not an NBA scout cuz you would probably not have a job. A majority of it is based on potential for the lotto picks, which is why some flame out and don’t live up to the hype in the nba.

What makes you think Myles won’t play in painters system? We are hoping he gives Myles a chance to play and learn from his mistakes to be ready to help out the team with his shot making ability and athleticism by March. I think painter sees that…but why would Myles be selfish? What has he shown that makes you think that? Highlight dunks will come when they can and he’s not afraid to shoot, but I’m sure will take some bad shots (he just turned 18 two months ago) and will also make shots that no one else can. He brings an element to the team that no other player does.

What is this nonsense about Myles and Catchings “outdoing” each other? What have you seen from either player that you think makes them selfish and care to only do that? Painter hasn’t ever recruited players like that. So yea, they’ll coexist and it will be one of the most athletic teams we have ever had.

I’m not sure where you get “many” of Purdues players have NBA potential…we don’t get as many as other programs. We have a few here and there…which what makes it even more impressive with what painter has done at his time at Purdue.

Eastern was never going to the NBA, even if his mom thought so. It was very apparent early on he couldn’t shoot…like at all. He was a good defender, but not good enough for it to outweigh his non shooting capabilities.

The problem as I see it isn't the number of scholarships. A nice sit down telling someone they aren't going to get minutes at Purdue would solve the over signing situation. Not every guy who had that conversation would leave but many would.

The problem is that we're already going to have a lot of guys back at the 2 and 3. I'm not sure a guy like Harris is good enough to come in and earn minutes from day one given the make-up of our roster but he's probably too good to accept that he's not going to get much time as a freshman.

At the one through three we'll have the following guys on the roster next year:
Smith
Loyer
Colvin
Heide
Catchings
Waddell
Cox
Benter

I think a guy like Harris would be confident he could beat out everyone other than the top 5 on the list for minutes but after that nothing would be guaranteed, In fact going into the season he might land 6th on the list and knowing Painter it's highly unlikely he would start or be the first guy off the bench.
Good post. Harris doesn't need to beat out Smith or Loyer and IMO 1) won't be worried about Cox or Benter and 2) won't be competing for time with the rest of the guys on the list.

Purdue will need another primary ball handler with Jones and Morton leaving. That leaves roughly 20 minutes immediately open to whoever takes it between Harris and Cox. I do agree with your view that if immediate PT is the most important thing to Harris and he doesn't want to rotate with Smith and Loyer it could drive him in another direction. It doesn't seem that that's the case but hopefully we find out soon.

Good post. Harris doesn't need to beat out Smith or Loyer and IMO 1) won't be worried about Cox or Benter and 2) won't be competing for time with the rest of the guys on the list.

Purdue will need another primary ball handler with Jones and Morton leaving. That leaves roughly 20 minutes immediately open to whoever takes it between Harris and Cox. I do agree with your view that if immediate PT is the most important thing to Harris and he doesn't want to rotate with Smith and Loyer it could drive him in another direction. It doesn't seem that that's the case but hopefully we find out soon.
I like the potential of our future back court. I prefer more combo guards v pure points guards and/or shooting guards. I want the three guys playing the 1-3 that have 0 issue handling the ball and running the offense. When you look at success in the tourney, more ball handlers and dudes who can get their shot is what separates teams.

I like the potential of our future back court. I prefer more combo guards v pure points guards and/or shooting guards. I want the three guys playing the 1-3 that have 0 issue handling the ball and running the offense. When you look at success in the tourney, more ball handlers and dudes who can get their shot is what separates teams.
Generally agree, although I'd also state the obvious, which is that there are generally going to be trade offs on size, length, athleticism, shooting, ball handling, decision making, passing, etc. Guys that excel in all of those areas are few and far between and generally are hard to land and not in college for long.

Well good thing you’re not an NBA scout cuz you would probably not have a job. A majority of it is based on potential for the lotto picks, which is why some flame out and don’t live up to the hype in the nba.

What makes you think Myles won’t play in painters system? We are hoping he gives Myles a chance to play and learn from his mistakes to be ready to help out the team with his shot making ability and athleticism by March. I think painter sees that…but why would Myles be selfish? What has he shown that makes you think that? Highlight dunks will come when they can and he’s not afraid to shoot, but I’m sure will take some bad shots (he just turned 18 two months ago) and will also make shots that no one else can. He brings an element to the team that no other player does.

What is this nonsense about Myles and Catchings “outdoing” each other? What have you seen from either player that you think makes them selfish and care to only do that? Painter hasn’t ever recruited players like that. So yea, they’ll coexist and it will be one of the most athletic teams we have ever had.

I’m not sure where you get “many” of Purdues players have NBA potential…we don’t get as many as other programs. We have a few here and there…which what makes it even more impressive with what painter has done at his time at Purdue.

Eastern was never going to the NBA, even if his mom thought so. It was very apparent early on he couldn’t shoot…like at all. He was a good defender, but not good enough for it to outweigh his non shooting capabilities.
Save us all from the nonsense and put him on ignore. Thank you. 😉

Reactions: Do Dah Day
Caleb Furst is a jr with 3 years floor experience in a system that was top 5 nationally all year.
He's probably the starting center next year and plays big minutes.
And he has a brother that followed him there.
But sure, he might transfer..............
you guys kill
Good I hope I made your day more entertaining :)

It's an eligibility issue, not a sholarship issue. Any student who enters college has 5 years to complete 4 years of eligibility. The NCAA granted the 1-year extension to all eligible students.

Thanks cool guy. Can we get a list of topics that we are allowed to discuss?
1. Soap their using in shower
2. Team jock itch solutions
3. Painter's home number
4. My wife's not interested anymore in sex , do we get a discount on our subscription if we worry about useless shit constantly
5. Tips on how to be 😎 cool

With regards to miles, I’m just repeating everything you experts say! Last year you said smith was going to the nba early. You said Edey was going to turn pro. You claimed when eastern first arrived he was going to be a pro guard! And now you say before he has played a game that Catchings is going to be a one and done and miles is a sure fire nba guard who will be at Purdue for 1-2 years at most.

You posters say all these superlatives about our recruits and first year players before they ever play a game.

It happens every year.

And every year you claim painter is going to change and he’s going to play all these can’t miss future nba superstars. And every year painter plays his veterans who play can play defense over your favorite recruits.

I can’t see that changing any time soon. Miles is going to play behind Jones Loyer and smith this year. Throw Heide into the mix. How many minutes is miles really going to get? 5? 10 at most? And what do super hyped freshmen usually do when they play very limited minutes? They tend to prove to the coach that belong and are deserving of more playing time.

If you’re a stats major and looked up the stats points per minute you would see the leaders of that stat are usually guys playing 2/5 minutes trying to score! Then you say if only that guy posed 30 minutes s game, he’d be scoring 40 points a game.

The sad reality is Loyer and smith are going to receive major minutes this year and they are not going anywhere for the next three years.

And now look at next year. Catchings will arrive. Looking at our team, he’s not going to play center or the 4. Catchings is projected to play the 3. And if Catchings plays the 3, where does miles play? Do you really believe he’s going to beat out Loyer or smith for playing time?

This leads me to believe he will receive limited minutes next year as well. And what do players with nba aspirations do when they only receive limited minutes? They tend to hot dog it and create their own highlight reel plays rather than play team ball. Sand what happens when players try to become their own selfish star? They end up on painter’s bench or they transfer.

And what happens if Harris also arrives at Purdue? There will not be enough playing time to go around.

I’m looking back at history. Who did painter start? He started guys like it, Mathias, cline, And others who played team ball.

When it comes to miles. I can see him jacking up a bunch of shots in limited minutes to try to beat out Loyer! Is he going to be able to do so? I doubt he beats out Loyer. I doubt he beats out Tkr. I doubt he beats out Catchings.

However I can guarantee every year there will be posters here saying I’m stupid and that some player who hasn’t played a minute is going to be awesome and a future nba star! And now that Carsen failed, we now claim he’s going to the next Ivey. Ivey may stay in the league for a few years, but I doubt he comes close to the expectations of his pick in the draft.

But go ahead and have your dreams and continue to call me the fool!

What is miles going to do this year? Who is he going to beat out to start? Who is he going to beat out next year?

And you actually believe painter is going to learn from his previous mistakes? That’s laughable!

And if Miles can’t beat out Loyer, do you truly believe any nba scout is going to have any interest in him? The nba is looking to developmental leagues and Europe s lot more than they are looking at U.S. college players. Open your eyes and take off your homer shades!

It's an eligibility issue, not a sholarship issue. Any student who enters college has 5 years to complete 4 years of eligibility. The NCAA granted the 1-year extension to all eligible students.
So Edey could play next year as a walk on. With his nil deals, he really doesn’t need a scholarship

• Haha
Reactions: Heads up BOILER
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT