ADVERTISEMENT

Bye Little Archie

I don't think Fife will come. Rumors that Izzo's Assistant HC is leaving for a HC position, which puts Fife at the head of the MSU table. Alford, as I've stated here and the other place, was shat upon when Knight was fired and has vowed to never return. But, with his son at Huntington and his parents getting a bit older, they might be able to get him which would set the IU fanbase to a happy place. To go out of the IU circle again, would be another mistake.
If not Barney, then Thad Matta World Peace.

Considering they are rumored to be announcing this afternoon, I think that would rule out any head coach still coaching. So sounds like an assistant, which I would guess means Fife then.
I would suggest now...in that they did NOT announce a hire today...it is someone that IS coaching still/right now...whether that is Stevens, or, in the NCAA tournament. No reason otherwise to not have made an announcement today.

I love all of the speculation around planes and tracking flights...just because the clowns doing it do not realize that the NCAA tournament is being played here (including at IU ironically) because it has been so long since they have been a part of it and don't even realize that it is happening.

It was just "reported" that Alford is not a serious candidate...which, frankly, as a Purdue fan, is admittedly disappointing.

I would suggest now...in that they did NOT announce a hire today...it is someone that IS coaching still/right now...whether that is Stevens, or, in the NCAA tournament. No reason otherwise to not have made an announcement today.

I love all of the speculation around planes and tracking flights...just because the clowns doing it do not realize that the NCAA tournament is being played here (including at IU ironically) because it has been so long since they have been a part of it and don't even realize that it is happening.

It was just "reported" that Alford is not a serious candidate...which, frankly, as a Purdue fan, is admittedly disappointing.

They made it last year!!!!!

Others may not find it as amusing as I do, but, listening to Joe Hillman...someone that could not possibly have less credibility on anything...whose greatest (only?) achievement in life apparently is that they played at IU...just ramble on about hiring an "IU guy"...apparently ANY IU GUY, as, he threw out the names Isaiah Thomas and Randy Wittman, along with Mike Lewis.

He went on to label Scott Drew as "the same as Tom Crean or Kelvin Sampson".

I have always considered him to be very dim...just further affirmation.

It is clowns like him that are considered spokesman of the University and program that only do further damage as such.

To think he is THE (or even A) voice of reason is as asinine as Todd Leary being a post-game analyst.

The delusion of the fanbase is laughable...of the former players...truly hilarious.

• Wow
Reactions: Schnelk
Others may not find it as amusing as I do, but, listening to Joe Hillman...someone that could not possibly have less credibility on anything...whose greatest (only?) achievement in life apparently is that they played at IU...just ramble on about hiring an "IU guy"...apparently ANY IU GUY, as, he threw out the names Isaiah Thomas and Randy Wittman, along with Mike Lewis.

He went on to label Scott Drew as "the same as Tom Crean or Kelvin Sampson".

I have always considered him to be very dim...just further affirmation.

It is clowns like him that are considered spokesman of the University and program that only do further damage as such.

To think he is THE (or even A) voice of reason is as asinine as Todd Leary being a post-game analyst.

The delusion of the fanbase is laughable...of the former players...truly hilarious.

Wow. That begs a few questions...

1. Where in the world does one listen to Joe Hillman?
  2. I'm not smearing him by asking this, does anyone know if he beat the "gambling ring" accusations from almost 2 years ago?
  3. Does that program have some type of preference for people with a criminal record/charge/accusation, when looking for "experts" to opine?

Drew or Beilein
uh..... no.

I can't see Drew taking it, and why the H*LL would Beilein want it? 14 years ago, sure.

No, my money is elsewhere.

I could see them going for someone like Wright State's Scott Nagy or Utah State's Craig Smith.

Hell's bells, Murray State struggled this year but had a VERY good run in the previous few years, so Matt McMahon might be the guy.

Reactions: Indy_Rider
Saw on the douchebag (iu) page that Brad Norlander or Matt Norlander, whoever that is, tweeted that Stevens isn't leaving Boston.

Public Service Announcement: Beware of gap toothed goobers in southern Indiana launching themselves off the roofs of trailers and mobile homes.

• Haha
Saw on the douchebag (iu) page that Brad Norlander or Matt Norlander, whoever that is, tweeted that Stevens isn't leaving Boston.

Public Service Announcement: Beware of gap toothed goobers in southern Indiana launching themselves off the roofs of trailers and mobile homes.
There is now a sale in Bloomington on Old Milwaukee. 4.99 a case.

Wow. That begs a few questions...

1. Where in the world does one listen to Joe Hillman?
  2. I'm not smearing him by asking this, does anyone know if he beat the "gambling ring" accusations from almost 2 years ago?
  3. Does that program have some type of preference for people with a criminal record/charge/accusation, when looking for "experts" to opine?
I could not believe he was who was being asked about the situation...I wanted to call in and ask JMV if he had to wake him from a coma. No surprise, he reached out to the show, they did not reach out to him...he was just dying to share his very finite wisdom regarding the matter. There were definitely some gems served up...personally, I LOVE the idea of Isaiah as the next HC there. I am hoping actually that Joe is part of an advisory committee with regard to the hiring...he let it be known that he and Dolson are "good buddies."

You were being kind by leaving out that the "gambling ring" was associated with HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS!

Devan Dumes was "busy" apparently, or, unavailable for comment I guess.

If they bring anyone in, they'll be complaining after 2 years. Expectations need to simmer or they'll keep failing. They add coaches and we keep winning.
Burning the Millers may backfire. They seem to have many connections on the coaching front.

I could not believe he was who was being asked about the situation...I wanted to call in and ask JMV if he had to wake him from a coma. No surprise, he reached out to the show, they did not reach out to him...he was just dying to share his very finite wisdom regarding the matter. There were definitely some gems served up...personally, I LOVE the idea of Isaiah as the next HC there. I am hoping actually that Joe is part of an advisory committee with regard to the hiring...he let it be known that he and Dolson are "good buddies."

You were being kind by leaving out that the "gambling ring" was associated with HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS!

Devan Dumes was "busy" apparently, or, unavailable for comment I guess.
Yep - Hillman was partnered up with a New Pal guy in that jackassery. What a doofus.

Reactions: DAG10
I look for old man Pitino to take the Minnesota job. Then slap his palms on his sons cheeks and in his most Italian voice says, “It’s business, Ricky”!!
Big Slick is staying at Iona. He's from NY and did an interview last night that said he's happy there. And they paid him a lot of money.

Don't over look them in your NCAA picks.

Not really caring one way or the other, Fife seems to make the most sense out of the guys we've discussed in this thread.
I thought it would be Beilein, but they would have announced him by now. Matta might be a great fit if his back is healed. Altman is intriguing . Fife....not the right guy but he's probably well versed in the dirty part of Izzo.

Why is no one mentioning Porter Moser? Chicago connections. Wisconsin, st. Louis, Northern Indiana. Hella successful.

WOW!!! With Archie being fired this morning, I just checked the latest "Flight Tracker" and there are SO many NCAA coaches that are on their way to Indiana. Everyone wants that job!! 🤣
I heard IU fans rented Dancers Showclub for all day and night Wednesday... Conducting interviews in the side rooms.

• Haha
If I had to guess one name, I’d say Chris Beard. He’s a good coach and Knight disciple who I think would take the job.

Beard's wife is from Texas and her entire family is there. I don't see him leaving that state.

I know Scot Drew has been a popular name too, but I believe his contract at Baylor is fully guaranteed and it automatically extends every time he makes the NCAA tournament, so it would take some serious money to get him out of Baylor.

I will be surprised if it’s Beilein. He was not fond of recruiting, and got tired of the college grind. Beard? Maybe but I think he is well entrenched where he is. Fife is not a fan of IU and probably would rather chew his foot off than go back there. Alford has not been successful enough to satisfy the summer season crowd. I think it will be another mid-major coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT