ADVERTISEMENT

3 teams will be left home from the BTT starting next year

boilerzz

All-American
Jul 5, 2002
West Chester, OH
www.marchfirstbrewing.com
Including all 18 teams would require adding a sixth day of competition to the postseason slate, something that officials found too unwieldy, the source said.

Under the new format, the league will add a game to the Wednesday slate, with the 10th-place finisher playing the 15th-place finisher. The winner of that game faces the No. 7 seed on Thursday, with the tournament otherwise proceeding in its normal fashion, and the top four seeds earning a double bye until Friday.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Including all 18 teams would require adding a sixth day of competition to the postseason slate, something that officials found too unwieldy, the source said.

Under the new format, the league will add a game to the Wednesday slate, with the 10th-place finisher playing the 15th-place finisher. The winner of that game faces the No. 7 seed on Thursday, with the tournament otherwise proceeding in its normal fashion, and the top four seeds earning a double bye until Friday.
Just do a 16 team, week long tourney. Simple enough…so glad the conference is at like 45 teams and looking to add more. Makes sense. Soon it’ll just be the B1G league, ACC league, Big East League, Big 12 League and SEC league 😂

Reactions: Professor Emeritus
If they are gonna do that just leave 4 at home and keep it exactly the same as it is now. Is that too hard? Or drop it to a 12 game tourney and leave out 6. IU for sure gets left out of at least 1/2 of them
Agree completely.

Initially I like the idea but it takes away from the idea of having a jumbo conference. It also potentially costs the B1G 1 tourney big a year, assuming a bottom team runs the table.

I think you should have football conferences and basketball conferences. The later being smaller pre merger form.

If they are gonna do that just leave 4 at home and keep it exactly the same as it is now. Is that too hard? Or drop it to a 12 game tourney and leave out 6. IU for sure gets left out of at least 1/2 of them

I don't even bother expending energy any more on these well-reasoned and logical arguments.

All pretenses have been removed from those who control the strings. Extra game.......

giphy.gif

The big tens reasoning was that the extra 3 teams would force them to add a 6th day to the tourny, and that was too hard logistically.

So let's add whoever gets us the most money and screw the rest.

Sorry Big Ten if you thought adding more teams was so important then find a way to get off your ass and make it work. Your choices have consequences now deal with them and make them work.

Initially I like the idea but it takes away from the idea of having a jumbo conference. It also potentially costs the B1G 1 tourney big a year, assuming a bottom team runs the table.

I think you should have football conferences and basketball conferences. The later being smaller pre merger form.
A bottom team can still run the table.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Does anyone really think that whoever places 16 in the B1G is going to run the table in a 5 game tournament? This is not going to happen so it’s a moot point.

Every team in the “super conference” will have a fair chance to win the tournament. And that chance starts with not coming in bottom 3 in a 16 team league.

Does anyone really think that whoever places 16 in the B1G is going to run the table in a 5 game tournament? This is not going to happen so it’s a moot point.

Every team in the “super conference” will have a fair chance to win the tournament. And that chance starts with not coming in bottom 3 in a 16 team league.
18 team league

I say leave the TOP 3 teams out. They will almost certainly already be tournament teams every year, and they can rest while everyone else tries to grab the auto bid and maybe the league gets an extra team in that way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT