ADVERTISEMENT

Who's better Minnesota or Indiana?

rsomm

Sophomore
Jun 26, 2002
Both have beaten Michigan on the road, both beaten Maryland at home, Minnesota drilled Nebraska at home, and lost to Ohio State on the road, Indiana squeezed bye Ohio State at home and got drilled at Nebraska! Minnesota is about 10 spots ahead of IU in the NET! Minnesota has a slightly easier BT schedule. Minnesota may have the best PG in the conference!

Indiana has better Talent but they're young Minnesota is the better team now

I would guess IU is better at home this week. The difference might be Minnesota gets 4 days off between today and their game at IU on Friday but IU has a game on Tuesday at Rutgers.

Rutgers always gets up for their games against IU and Purdue, so I expect an IU loss even if Rutgers isn't very good.

I would guess IU is better at home this week. The difference might be Minnesota gets 4 days off between today and their game at IU on Friday but IU has a game on Tuesday at Rutgers.

Rutgers always gets up for their games against IU and Purdue, so I expect an IU loss even if Rutgers isn't very good.

MN has a really good PG. Kid is a stud. Best in the conference,....not at this time.

As to comparing iu to MN,....Not sure either is even projected as a NCAA tournament team @ this point....so I guess they have that commonality.

MN has a really good PG. Kid is a stud. Best in the conference,....not at this time.

As to comparing iu to MN,....Not sure either is even projected as a NCAA tournament team @ this point....so I guess they have that commonality.
Assume you are talking about Christie? His brother played at MSU and was drafted in second round by Lakers. Had a good list of offers including us.

Looks like he has been very solid for a Frosh point guard — 2.3-1 assists to TO, scoring in double digits and shooting it well. Hasn’t put up eye popping stats vs the better “comp” yet, so will be interested to see how he does against the better B1G teams and the just the league in general.

IU is definitely more talented than Minnesota, but it seems at this point Minnesota plays better as a team. Minnesota hasn’t played UConn, KU or Auburn though. If X can replicate his OSU performance in conf play, they should make some noise to be top 6 in league play. However, both teams will need signature wins in conference play to have a shot at making the tourney.

Reactions: rgarlitz
Both have beaten Michigan on the road, both beaten Maryland at home, Minnesota drilled Nebraska at home, and lost to Ohio State on the road, Indiana squeezed bye Ohio State at home and got drilled at Nebraska! Minnesota is about 10 spots ahead of IU in the NET! Minnesota has a slightly easier BT schedule. Minnesota may have the best PG in the conference!
IU is better than Minny, especially with Xavier back. Minny will finish under .500 in the BT, IU will finish above .500.

Reactions: rgarlitz
Assume you are talking about Christie? His brother played at MSU and was drafted in second round by Lakers. Had a good list of offers including us.

Looks like he has been very solid for a Frosh point guard — 2.3-1 assists to TO, scoring in double digits and shooting it well. Hasn’t put up eye popping stats vs the better “comp” yet, so will be interested to see how he does against the better B1G teams and the just the league in general.

IU is definitely more talented than Minnesota, but it seems at this point Minnesota plays better as a team. Minnesota hasn’t played UConn, KU or Auburn though. If X can replicate his OSU performance in conf play, they should make some noise to be top 6 in league play. However, both teams will need signature wins in conference play to have a shot at making the tourney.

Even with a decent Xavier performance it took OSU guards going 0-fer from 3 for IU to win. So many open 3s for OSU that were bricks

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
Even with a decent Xavier performance it took OSU guards going 0-fer from 3 for IU to win. So many open 3s for OSU that were bricks
Yes exactly right. Ohio state got a lot of open looks and just missed. I wouldn’t expect them to miss that many again in a rematch.

Elijah Hawkins ....nearly 8 assists a game.

Agree both have alot of work to do to battle for the last couple B10 tourney spots. Both capable, but as I only follow Purdue, really don't care if either make it.

Last edited:
They put up more bricks than Maryland did against us. I watched one sequence where they had 3 incredible looks from 3 different guys on one possession. Any one of them goes down and it's a different game.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Elijah Hawkins ....nearly 8 assists a game.

Agree both have alot of work to do to battle for the last couple B10 tourney spots. Both capable, but as I only follow Purdue, really don't care if either make it.
Hm interesting take. I’m looking forward to watching him vs IUs backcourt and then vs Braden and Lance.

Hm interesting take. I’m looking forward to watching him vs IUs backcourt and then vs Braden and Lance.

If you value assists Hawkins is 2nd in the nation in assists. Smith is also top ten.

Game control, winning, rebounding, and using the P&R Smith is fun to watch (other than a few moments in a few games where he gets into TO problems).

If you like to watch a scoring PG there are a couple of others in the B10 in McDaniel, and Buie.

If you value a complete game, scoring, ball control and very few TOs Thornton is fun to watch.

Lots of fun guys to watch in the B10.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
If you value assists Hawkins is 2nd in the nation in assists. Smith is also top ten.

Game control, winning, rebounding, and using the P&R Smith is fun to watch (other than a few moments in a few games where he gets into TO problems).

If you like to watch a scoring PG there are a couple of others in the B10 in McDaniel, and Buie.

If you value a complete game, scoring, ball control and very few TOs Thornton is fun to watch.

Lots of fun guys to watch in the B10.
Saw buie had a career day with assists in the win vs sparty the other nights McDaniel is hot and cold but when he’s on…he’s tough, like Buie.

Wish Thornton could have hit more open shots it a little better the other night in btown haha but hope he shoots like that vs Purdue.

Thanks for the heads up and I’ll keep an eye out to watch those you mentioned.

I’m curious why you think this compared to any other Big Ten team(s), lol? Is there some backstory?

IU is better than Minny, especially with Xavier back. Minny will finish under .500 in the BT, IU will finish above .500.
I am usually complimenting "X",but he was not having a good night last night against Rutgers. He did leave the game after he as called for the Flagrant 2, but was off last night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT