ADVERTISEMENT

Bye Little Archie

I think Stevens is a bit more honest and truthful than Saban.

And by everything I have read, Mrs Saban basically told Nick she was leaving Miami because she hated it there. Mrs Stevens doesn't have the same feeling, by all accounts.

Reactions: Poprudy
Still have IU posters insisting this means nothing.
No one ever said they were very smart or not delusional.

Actually I would love to see Stevens there. Then when we continue to not only beat them, but do better than them over all every excuse they have goes out the window.

No one ever said they were very smart or not delusional.

Actually I would love to see Stevens there. Then when we continue to not only beat them, but do better than them over all every excuse they have goes out the window.
No thanks on Stevens going there.

No thanks on Stevens going there.
Why? He's no threat and with how the rest of the conference is he'd get them to maybe just above middle of the pack where Painter is recruiting well and has very few drop offs happening any time soon.

It's a moot point since it's pretty much debunked that he is going there anyway, but he also isn't the deity that delusional fanbase is making him out to be either.

Reactions: Remain
Why? He's no threat and with how the rest of the conference is he'd get them to maybe just above middle of the pack where Painter is recruiting well and has very few drop offs happening any time soon.

It's a moot point since it's pretty much debunked that he is going there anyway, but he also isn't the deity that delusional fanbase is making him out to be either.
Stevens is a top 5 current coach in all of basketball. No, I don’t want him at IU.

Reactions: JohnHoosierr
Stevens is a top 5 current coach in all of basketball.
Edit: alright he is top 5 in the NBA, which isn't the same as the NCAA. Stop fearing him because we're better than than what he would bring.

That fear only diminishes what Painter has done and there is no reason to fear anyone that coaches at trailer u.

Edit: alright he is top 5 in the NBA, which isn't the same as the NCAA. Stop fearing him because we're better than than what he would bring.

That fear only diminishes what Painter has done and there is no reason to fear anyone that coaches at trailer u.
I don’t think anyone “fears” Stevens being at IU, but it stands to reason that if he can take Butler to back to back national championship games, he could do the same, or more, at a program with more resources.

I don’t think anyone “fears” Stevens being at IU, but it stands to reason that if he can take Butler to back to back national championship games, he could do the same, or more, at a program with more resources.
Right but that hasn't been recent and the B1G as a whole has improved immensely and I don't think he would get the same results. Painter as an example is recruiting and coaching at a high level and at most would make playing them worthwhile again.

Right but that hasn't been recent and the B1G as a whole has improved immensely and I don't think he would get the same results. Painter as an example is recruiting and coaching at a high level and at most would make playing them worthwhile again.
He would have a bigger instant impact than Juwan Howard, imo.

You can’t objectively argue that he wouldn’t be a HUGE upgrade over Little Archie.

Reactions: Purdue2018
Well this won't sit well with some delusional people we know:

That wasn't the greatest denial, before yesterdays game against Utah he gave like a 5 minute speech about growing up in Indiana and how IU hoops shaped his love for basketball. I doubt he takes it, however, I wouldn't say it's a no way deal.

• Haha
Reactions: Indy_Rider
I think we are all just saying we’d prefer a small to medium upgrade to a huge upgrade.
And I get it, what I am saying is I don't see no matter who they hire as any big deal as we will likely still be better. Ultimately who cares? It's irrelevant to me because at best it makes them worthwhile to play against again and that is about it.

And I get it, what I am saying is I don't see no matter who they hire as any big deal as we will likely still be better. Ultimately who cares? It's irrelevant to me because at best it makes them worthwhile to play against again and that is about it.
Agree 100%.

Reactions: Level 42
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT