ADVERTISEMENT

Butler v. Purdue - 1st game Sunday

Purdue Grad in Texas

All-American
Mar 22, 2010
Here are the game times for the second round NCAA games. Boilers/Bulldogs are first out of the gate shortly after noon (Eastern).

SUNDAY

12:10, CBS: No. 2 Purdue vs. No. 10 Butler (Ian Eagle, Jim Spanarkel, Allie LaForce)

After conc. 1, CBS: No. 3 Michigan State vs. No. 11 Syracuse (Eagle, Spanarkel, LaForce)

5:15, CBS: No. 2 North Carolina vs. No. 7 Texas A&M (Jim Nantz, Grant Hill, Bill Raftery, Tracy Wolfson)

6:10, TNT: No. 2 Cincinnati vs. No. 7 Nevada (Andrew Catalon, Steve Lappas, Jamie Erdahl)

7:10, TBS: No. 4 Auburn vs. No. 5 Clemson (Carter Blackburn, Debbie Antonelli, John Schriffen)

After conc. 1, truTV: No. 9 Kansas State vs. No. 16 UMBC (Nantz, Hill, Raftery, Wolfson)

After conc. 1, TNT: No. 1 Xavier vs. No. 9 Florida State (Catalon, Lappas, Erdahl)

After conc. 1, TBS: No. 5 West Virginia vs. No. 13 Marshall (Blackburn, Antonelli, Schriffen)

All times p.m. and Eastern

Are you ready for some B-Ball?

Here are the game times for the second round NCAA games. Boilers/Bulldogs are first out of the gate shortly after noon (Eastern).

SUNDAY

12:10, CBS: No. 2 Purdue vs. No. 10 Butler (Ian Eagle, Jim Spanarkel, Allie LaForce)

After conc. 1, CBS: No. 3 Michigan State vs. No. 11 Syracuse (Eagle, Spanarkel, LaForce)

5:15, CBS: No. 2 North Carolina vs. No. 7 Texas A&M (Jim Nantz, Grant Hill, Bill Raftery, Tracy Wolfson)

6:10, TNT: No. 2 Cincinnati vs. No. 7 Nevada (Andrew Catalon, Steve Lappas, Jamie Erdahl)

7:10, TBS: No. 4 Auburn vs. No. 5 Clemson (Carter Blackburn, Debbie Antonelli, John Schriffen)

After conc. 1, truTV: No. 9 Kansas State vs. No. 16 UMBC (Nantz, Hill, Raftery, Wolfson)

After conc. 1, TNT: No. 1 Xavier vs. No. 9 Florida State (Catalon, Lappas, Erdahl)

After conc. 1, TBS: No. 5 West Virginia vs. No. 13 Marshall (Blackburn, Antonelli, Schriffen)

All times p.m. and Eastern

Are you ready for some B-Ball?

Will be there! Let's gooooo.

Now's the time to step up for the fellas.

https://www.stubhub.com/ncaa-tourna...troit-3-18-2018/event/9860736/?sort=price+asc

Purdue by 15! No I'm not drunk I'm rejuvenated!

The law firm of Edwards and Edwards start clicking..... the cowboy shoots lights out and a surprise of Taylor coming in and scoring 15 shocks the world!

I still believe dammit!

Alright... time for less coffee.

No one has to know what's in it.....

4f23533acdfb4d6db0f781d944328a17--coffee-mugs.jpg

boilermaker-drink.jpg

I guess they want Purdue on center stage to see if they cry & die, or suck it up & push forward. They'll be all over Haas with ?'s like: "How does it feel not being able to play?" Bring in Mr. Obvious.

...mmm..Allie LaForce...she's worth the price of admission.

Personally I think Painter has to pull a rabbit out to move on. Simply because the offense moved through Haas and assuming he can't play, Painter has ONE DAY to redo the entire offense essentially.

Now, we are awesome at the 3 and both VE and CE can drive so I would imagine we are going to be doing alot of that today. I still stand by my prediction of us by 15 simply because we have a lot of talent and Butler no long has any idea how to to guard us.

Personally I think Painter has to pull a rabbit out to move on. Simply because the offense moved through Haas and assuming he can't play, Painter has ONE DAY to redo the entire offense essentially.

Now, we are awesome at the 3 and both VE and CE can drive so I would imagine we are going to be doing alot of that today. I still stand by my prediction of us by 15 simply because we have a lot of talent and Butler no long has any idea how to to guard us.

I've felt like teams that play a Painter team fair better the second time. This changes that dynamic. I do think we get the win. I think Haas plays very very little or not at all. It's possible he's being presented as potential to mess with Butlers gameplan. Which I like actually. And, getting the win gives him another week to rest and maybe play next week more.

Reactions: BBG
I am believing the Boilers come out motivated, next man up mentality, how about Nojel making some more plays with more playing time?
Boilers lead at half, getting adjusted to missing Haas, 2nd half we play tough and gritty, Win by 13
Book it Dano!
Win and Advance!

The bad news is that Purdue lost by injury probably the most dominating player in the tournament. You don't see opponents getting many offensive rebounds when Haas is in the game. He doesn't block a lot of shots, but he forces a lot of wacky shots when his presence is in the game. On offense, no one can stop him one on one and when they double, he throws out to the guard and after the d rotates, then one more pass means an open 3. If you add an assist for when he sets a pick and his teammate gets an open look, he would be getting 5-10 a game. The good news is that Purdue beat Butler by 26 when Haas came out of the game this year and Vince and PJ have regained their form lost because of the flu. Purdue should win by 6.

Reactions: James J Chitwood
I am believing the Boilers come out motivated, next man up mentality, how about Nojel making some more plays with more playing time?
Boilers lead at half, getting adjusted to missing Haas, 2nd half we play tough and gritty, Win by 13
Book it Dano!
Win and Advance!

According to official stats, Haas has been playing 23 minutes per game. Not nearly as many as I thought, and we'll miss him if he's not in there.

Book it Dano!
Win and Advance!

Nojel needs to protect the ball and limit turnovers. I'd love to see him drive a but but only if he can hang on to the ball and finish.

What I'd really love to see from him is crashing the boards, getting offensive rebounds and putbacks! That's his biggest strength right now and we will definitely need it. I predict his energy and aggressiveness will be a difference on today's game. BTFU!

Nojel needs to protect the ball and limit turnovers. I'd love to see him drive a but but only if he can hang on to the ball and finish.

What I'd really love to see from him is crashing the boards, getting offensive rebounds and putbacks! That's his biggest strength right now and we will definitely need it. I predict his energy and aggressiveness will be a difference on today's game. BTFU!
does Brunk get any significant minutes for Butler?

I suspect the team has practiced this scenario during the season, because Haas always could have gotten into early foul trouble leading to the scenario of neither Haas nor Harmes being on the floor for long stretches. We’re gonna be fine. Hammer down time! Boiler Up!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT