ADVERTISEMENT

Bob Diaco

PUQBMan.

Redshirt Freshman
Mar 5, 2015
Chula Vista, CA
He better be updating his resume. This defense is terrible, and he made absolutely 0 adjustments. Rutgers ran the ball every single play and we did absolutely nothing to stop it. Diaco’s sorry ass needs to be fired immediately.

He better be updating his resume. This defense is terrible, and he made absolutely 0 adjustments. Rutgers ran the ball every single play and we did absolutely nothing to stop it. Diaco’s sorry ass needs to be fired immediately.
I essentially had said the same a week ago...

He has been horrible to date, but, today was inexcusable.

If you can't stop THAT...you have absolutely no chance.

It would not be any disservice at all if he indeed were fired...it would be completely justified.

What just happend is litereally inexcusable.

Reactions: PUQBMan.
Yeah, dude isn't very good and probably should've never been hired. Maybe our AD isn't as good as we thought.

he got let go at ND with way better talent. Got to use scheme, adjust your game plan sometime when your in a power 5 conference. I thought i was watching a Middle school game they told us they were going to run and ball and kicked our butt Embarrassing,

With that d-line not sure what could be done to stop the run. Late in the game the had 9 in the box and still got ran over.

With that d-line not sure what could be done to stop the run. Late in the game the had 9 in the box and still got ran over.
My question is why is Purdue unable to get physical? Physical play is the key for beating this team and the whole B1G knows it.

Reactions: NVboiler

go look at his front seven at Notre dame and tell me why watts and Johnson didn’t replace Sullivan and deen when they went full on wildcat

he got let go at ND with way better talent. Got to use scheme, adjust your game plan sometime when your in a power 5 conference. I thought i was watching a Middle school game they told us they were going to run and ball and kicked our butt Embarrassing,
Diaco was an absolute disaster at UConn. Why did anyone expect him to do well here?

Reactions: DAG10
Diaco was an absolute disaster at UConn. Why did anyone expect him to do well here?

because brohm could do no wrong .. even to me. Diaco has to go now.. here is your front seven 4-3 next year

wde Mitchell
DT Faucheux
NT Johnson
Ssde Karlaftis
Wlb Alexander
MLB wahlberg
Sslb Saunders

fire Diaco and give grab the choice of putting on 20 lbs or redshirting to learn safety

Maybe we need to start hitting the transfer portal and JC route really hard this off season..... chances are we will have the same result next year..... Now I know why the NB fans were laughing at us....

Maybe we need to start hitting the transfer portal and JC route really hard this off season..... chances are we will have the same result next year..... Now I know why the NB fans were laughing at us....
Barring something pretty incredible, wait until next week...they will laugh incredibly hard.

They are bad...that is the only thing Purdue has going for it, but, I think that despite that, they are still better than Purdue unfortunately.

I just can't figure out how this team is so bad...especially defensively. I don't understand how glaring problems are not identified and resolved with recruiting and scheme. Offensively...just no excuse to not be better...it goes to the OL, as that has been a problem for some time, and, the lack of a genuine above average QB...which is puzzling for sure.

I said it somewhere else...Brohm had more success with Hazell's guys than he has with his own, and I don't understand that.

There is no excuse(s) at all for this team to be as bad as it is right now/today...literally today...as that team was as bad as any that Hazell put on the field, and, worse than ones that Hope put out there. The lousy schemes...lousy play calling...lack of talent...they obviously stand out, but, the sheer lack of any toughness at all and any leadership at all (on the field, but, also on the sideline) is so disappointing.

Well said.....all great points..... Notice that players as well as coaches seem to play with no enthusiasm or passion....sort of miss Holt rantin and raven on the sidelines....

Reactions: Matt Tiger
Brohm needs to give up at least $1m of his salary to get some competent defensive coaches. There isn't a single position group that is even average.

Brohm needs to give up at least $1m of his salary to get some competent defensive coaches. There isn't a single position group that is even average.
They could have Bill Belichick coaching the defense and with this group the results would be about the same. They just get pushed around on both sides of the ball. Purdue is just not tough enough up front.

Last edited:
I hate to say it but we’re probably two years away from having a pretty good defensive line. We will have one but it will take some time yet. The covert was really really bare and CJB has been unable to get the high profile defensive tackles.

We do have a little bit of help coming in next year and isn’t Feauxshea (spelling?) supposed to be pretty good? His parents really good friends are my business partner and his wife. He’s a very big boy and had injured his back his senior year in high school. Plus we have I think two guys coming in next year.

it’s not going to happen yet but Diaco needs better players, Heck anyone would need better players

Reactions: Inspector100
I hate to say it but we’re probably two years away from having a pretty good defensive line. We will have one but it will take some time yet. The covert was really really bare and CJB has been unable to get the high profile defensive tackles.

We do have a little bit of help coming in next year and isn’t Feauxshea (spelling?) supposed to be pretty good? His parents really good friends are my business partner and his wife. He’s a very big boy and had injured his back his senior year in high school. Plus we have I think two guys coming in next year.

it’s not going to happen yet but Diaco needs better players, Heck anyone would need better players

don’t talk to me about cupboards

• Love
Reactions: jmohlman
The recruiting is not identifying the type of players needed or they just can’t get them.
Has nothing to do with recruiting and everything to do with not properly coaching these kids, or choosing the right kids to play on game day. We continue to play Mackey and Smiley who continue to show they can't cover their bed with a blanket. Poindexter has been there for 4 years and the secondary continues to regress.

Has nothing to do with recruiting and everything to do with not properly coaching these kids, or choosing the right kids to play on game day. We continue to play Mackey and Smiley who continue to show they can't cover their bed with a blanket. Poindexter has been there for 4 years and the secondary continues to regress.
That’s true, but they also have no pass rush and very few sacks. That’s tough for most any secondary.

That’s true, but they also have no pass rush and very few sacks. That’s tough for most any secondary.

Very difficult to cover for long when there is no pressure. At this point, the opponent isn't even concerned with there being any pressure.

I always keep forgetting about this but yes, I think we are the only program in the country where play after play the opposing quarterback and just sit there and pat the ball and look around for several seconds with no pressure on them. There are many MAC quarterbacks that would look like Heisman candidates if they could do that

My question is why is Purdue unable to get physical? Physical play is the key for beating this team and the whole B1G knows it.
Strength and conditioning progrm has sucked for years. Likely the root cause of all the non-cantact injuries we have year in and year out.

Reactions: Inspector100
The being physical has many factors/ Purdue can't run out 18 year old freshmen or red shirt fresh against upperclassman in power 5 conference unless you have a freak athlete. #5 is a freak and the exception but he is earned it and worked his ass off and still does. We don't have the two freshman DL starting like Clemson does and Alabama gets yearly who are beyond talented in strength and skills. SO saying that, if we had two guys on the bench, hell one guy on the bench who could measure up to #5 or 2/3 as good he would be playing. The coaches aren't stupid and can at least recognize the difference between a freak #5 and (you fill in the blank) any other you player on our team. Sadly they ain't ready and its going to take some time. Get ready to continue getting our ass kicked up front for the next two games.
We may see Rutgers in our crossover game we will be 2 and 5 and so will they. Don't be surprised with this defense and with Diaco in charge we won't make adjustments necessary to stop them next time either. Sorry to say/

The being physical has many factors/ Purdue can't run out 18 year old freshmen or red shirt fresh against upperclassman in power 5 conference unless you have a freak athlete. #5 is a freak and the exception but he is earned it and worked his ass off and still does. We don't have the two freshman DL starting like Clemson does and Alabama gets yearly who are beyond talented in strength and skills. SO saying that, if we had two guys on the bench, hell one guy on the bench who could measure up to #5 or 2/3 as good he would be playing. The coaches aren't stupid and can at least recognize the difference between a freak #5 and (you fill in the blank) any other you player on our team. Sadly they ain't ready and its going to take some time. Get ready to continue getting our ass kicked up front for the next two games.
We may see Rutgers in our crossover game we will be 2 and 5 and so will they. Don't be surprised with this defense and with Diaco in charge we won't make adjustments necessary to stop them next time either. Sorry to say/

I think diaco’s defense is a waste of 5. Why would you want karlaftis standing up the OT lol.. how did brohm get talked into that

I think diaco’s defense is a waste of 5. Why would you want karlaftis standing up the OT lol.. how did brohm get talked into that

Yea I actually expected him to be transitioned to a stand up olb in the 3-4 when I heard we were switching.

Honestly I think it’s a waste of 9 to some extent too.. he is pretty well-suited for the NG spot in a 3-4, don’t get me wrong, but all a 3-4 NG does usually is take on double teams. Neal is (was?) dynamic enough that he could be utilized way better. Whole scheme is head scratching.

go look at his front seven at Notre dame and tell me why watts and Johnson didn’t replace Sullivan and deen when they went full on wildcat
Our next opponent reminds their base that Diaco is just what NEB and Frost needs for their next game.

• Haha
Reactions: JohnHoosierr
I was going to try and defend the DC because I think it's unfair to judge someone during a pandemic year, but even I can't at this point.

The defense has shown improvement when at full strength but there is no way it should be so bad when they are out. I mean it's galactically bad.

Which then puts pressure on the offense to be quite literally perfect and aggressive which isn't fair to the offense. I think that is why Brohm got away from the run because he saw he had to "out score" Rutgers since the defense couldn't stop them.

Thankfully there are only two games left, but I would imagine a change gets made. It's one thing, to struggle some with a new system, but when Holt looks like the better DC at this point, you've got problems.

Short season or not, there is no way the defense should look this bad.

I'm incapable of understanding the defensive play calling after Rutgers essentially went to the wildcat.

The long TD pass Langan threw was pretty lucky. We were in position to stop that play and missed it by a hair... I would've dared him to beat us with his arm. SPECIFICALLY during the last 2 drives... an incomplete pass would've been just what the doctor ordered.

why didn't we bring in a 5th D lineman? why did we wait until short yardage to bring 9 in the box.

A kindergardner could have predicted a majority of their run plays... It's dejecting

I can understand the difficulty of not game-planning against a downhill running qb once he's in the game. sitting back and allowing them to continually RAM it between the tackles is unacceptable.

When Rutgers went to 1 WR sets, I would of put 10 in the FREAKING BOX.

I don't claim to be a guru of any sorts... I'm positive Diaco has forgotten more about football than I'll ever learn.
But, the "slow death" approach and getting ran over like that was more than demoralizing. it was infuriating.

i haven't been this dejected after a game since Hazell

I'm incapable of understanding the defensive play calling after Rutgers essentially went to the wildcat.

The long TD pass Langan threw was pretty lucky. We were in position to stop that play and missed it by a hair... I would've dared him to beat us with his arm. SPECIFICALLY during the last 2 drives... an incomplete pass would've been just what the doctor ordered.

why didn't we bring in a 5th D lineman? why did we wait until short yardage to bring 9 in the box.

A kindergardner could have predicted a majority of their run plays... It's dejecting

I can understand the difficulty of not game-planning against a downhill running qb once he's in the game. sitting back and allowing them to continually RAM it between the tackles is unacceptable.

When Rutgers went to 1 WR sets, I would of put 10 in the FREAKING BOX.

I don't claim to be a guru of any sorts... I'm positive Diaco has forgotten more about football than I'll ever learn.
But, the "slow death" approach and getting ran over like that was more than demoralizing. it was infuriating.

i haven't been this dejected after a game since Hazell
Same here. Brohm’s post game interview was no ringing endorsement for the defense either. Wonder when not if changes will be made?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT