ADVERTISEMENT

Another great SCOTUS decision!

Likely won't change things too much, innocent babies will still be killed. All states will still allow abortion to varying degrees.

Democrats let the violence begin. Didn’t get their way and won’t accept the decision.
Just more "peaceful" protests. I just hope the SCOTUS all have good protection for a while so that they aren't "mostly peacefully" killed or hurt by the leftits insurrection... I mean "protest" that is going to happen outside their homes.

Image-from-iOS-10.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: SKYDOG
They should have stayed out of our lives with their worthless jab
Yeah government in our lives mandating the vaccine was fine to many on the left. Now, government handing decisions over to the states in our lives saving unborn babies is the worst thing that’s ever happened in this country. It makes no sense.

Yeah government in our lives mandating the vaccine was fine to many on the left. Now, government handing decisions over to the states in our lives saving unborn babies is the worst thing that’s ever happened in this country. It makes no sens
Democrats let the violence begin. Didn’t get their way and won’t accept the decision.

Step back from the edge, Beth. Everything will be ok.
Actually, I live in a state where the overturning of Roe v Wade does not matter so I am not sure what you mean by the edge.

Were any unborn children killed directly because of that ruling?
I was replying to the comment above ["Clarence Thomas writes, in a concurring opinion, that the Supreme Court should reconsider Griswold, Lawrence, and Obergefell — the rulings that now protect contraception, same-sex relationships, and same-sex marriage."] None of those rulings involved children either so I don't really understand your point unless you count contraception of any kind as killing unborn children.

Reactions: Indy_Rider
It is the same construct he used in his opinion. Tell us how that is a stretch. I get why he would leave that part out.

I also seem to remember people saying not to panic about roe vs wade being overturned when the court got a conservative majority as well. Some justices may have even reassured us during their confirmation hearings.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Does anyone here genuinely think abortion is that significant an issue to american politics? Not a jab at anyone but for example would it be in your top 5 reasons for voting for a candidate? Just curious

Back to the states where it belongs:

Remember when you joined a few months back and you made some big dramatic proclamation about how we need "more unity" and how this board is toxic and we need to "be excellent to each other".... you know...after you said you 'forgot' your previous user name. lmaooo, such a fkn clown; saw right through your bs on post 1.

Glad you found your echo chamber d bag

Nothing better than a man telling a woman how she should feel about a ruling that directly impacts women and not men.
Loving v Virginia isn’t a law that directly impacts women, is it? That was Beth’s post, was it not?

It'll still be legal in half the states. Several large companies have said they'll pay for interstate travel for employees to get an abortion. California already passed a law securing the rights of any out of staters that come to California for one. This makes it less accessible but likely won't stop anyone from getting one. I feel for the girls/woman who will decide their only option is to do it themselves. I also feel for the children born into into a life where they are unwanted.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
I

Wow! OMG! WTF? Are you joking?
Loving v. Virginia, 388 U.S. 1 (1967), was a landmark civil rights decision of the U.S. Supreme Court in which the Court ruled that laws banning interracial marriage violate the Equal Protectionand Due Process Clauses of the Fourteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.[1][2].

So interracial marriage only impacts a woman? I guess I forgot my “only” in my original post…but beyond that…not all marriages have to have women…correct Beth? That was my point. Loving v Virginia wasn’t a case just about women.

And was in reply to

mdthornb said:
Nothing better than a man telling a woman how she should feel about a ruling that directly impacts women and not men.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crayfish57
Loving v. Virginia, 388 U.S. 1 (1967), was a landmark civil rights decision of the U.S. Supreme Court in which the Court ruled that laws banning interracial marriage violate the Equal Protectionand Due Process Clauses of the Fourteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.[1][2].

So interracial marriage only impacts a woman? I guess I forgot my “only” in my original post…but beyond that…not all marriages have to have women…correct Beth? That was my point. Loving v Virginia wasn’t a case just about women.

And was in reply to

mdthornb said:
Honestly, what are you on about? To my knowledge no one implied that Loving v Virginia did not affect both women and men. Roe v Wade affects women. Justice Thomas is married to a white woman and would be directly affected by the overturning of that ruling hence he did not mention it in his decision. mdthornb was posting about Roe v Wade.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT