ADVERTISEMENT

50 Years Ago

Two days after my wedding I watched the moon landing. Little did I know that I would in a few months be working at NASA on the lunar samples, and that I would actually touch the moon!!!!

It's not just Armstrong but all of the other Purdue astronauts that made this possible, but what a moment his standing on the moon was.

I know this is the football board, but he is still our most famous alumnus.

50 years ago today Neil Armstrong was the first man to step on the moon. He put Purdue on the worldwide map and stage.

RIP, Neil!!

Well said, K-Boiler!
Neil_Armstrong.jpg

Two days after my wedding I watched the moon landing. Little did I know that I would in a few months be working at NASA on the lunar samples, and that I would actually touch the moon!!!!

It's not just Armstrong but all of the other Purdue astronauts that made this possible, but what a moment his standing on the moon was.

Here's to all Purdue Alums who have worked in the Space Industry!

Purdue_2_moon_zpsytfihg5r.jpg

And Happy belated 50th Anniversary, NVBoiler!

I saw the new film Armstrong in Loeb Playhouse this morning. It was awesome. The film director, executive producer, and a couple of producers were there and talked after the film.. They said Neil's son provided them with all their family videos, and some Neil had from test flights, which had never been seen before. During the closing credits the background music was written by Neil's son Mark and song by his granddaughter Kali.

It is showing again free this evening at 7 PM in Loeb if anyone is close enough to get there.

Reactions: Courthouse Carp

I used to have class in Grissom Hall, it was tough walking in there some days. Gus, Chaffee and White often get lost in the moon landing discussion.

Reactions: Courthouse Carp
I saw the new film Armstrong in Loeb Playhouse this morning. It was awesome. The film director, executive producer, and a couple of producers were there and talked after the film.. They said Neil's son provided them with all their family videos, and some Neil had from test flights, which had never been seen before. During the closing credits the background music was written by Neil's son Mark and song by his granddaughter Kali.

It is showing again free this evening at 7 PM in Loeb if anyone is close enough to get there.
Very cool!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT