ADVERTISEMENT

So we need to fix the border.

Not semantics you idiot.

“Have the effect of law “. Means they must be carried out like the law. It doesn’t mean they remain the same from admin to admin……like a LAW does. That’s why border policy changes each time a new president is elected. New executive orders. The border bill will make new LAW, which the president has to execute and enforce.
Executive orders remain in effect under a new president until they are revoked by that president. Do you doubt that?

(You've added further hilarity to your post by saying "Means they must be carried out like the law" when you and everybody else knows Biden isn't "carrying out" our existing immigration laws.)

Purdue IU thread

And how do you suggest an unknown NAIA coach with no connections, no reputation and mediocre results in her first three years goes out and brings in players that are instantly ready to make us an NCAA team? Bribes? Some other cheating inducement? Kidnapping? There is no short cut that gets us to the NCAA level next year legally. But KGs recruiting right now is well above most peoples expectations and you should definitely see results in years 5 and 6. SBobieski was very lazy in hiring Gearlds, but so far she is doing better than most expected from someone with very little experience. She has recruiting going the right directing, but if you knew a tenth as much about building a basketball team as your bluster wants us to believe you would know it takes time to build those connections and establish the relationships needed for good recruiting. You also continue to ignore the depth of talent in the women's game is significantly smaller than the men's game. But tell us what your master plan is for getting talent onto campus, since you think it's so very easy. And much more than "go to the portal"; on the women's side there are only a couple handfuls of great players in the portal each year, and they are looking at the top 20 teams for a chance to make a deep NCAA run, not a bottom half team in a weaker conference just hoping to improve enough to get into the play in round.
She can get players, Kelly Komara has been on the circuit for years, I’m sorry, I have more hope in the Purdue brand than you do. It is what it is though, Purdue going to win another Big Ten title with the men, the women doesn’t mean much really. If a 4 win Big Ten women’s season where they lose by 35 to IU is more entertaining than a great men’s season more power to you!
  • Haha
Reactions: MichaelRR

Purdue now projected to win the B1G by 4 games

They have every right to be. 5 ships in 25 years is the best run we’ve seen in quite some time and their team is very good again.
I was quite insulted this morning while listening to the Full Ride show on XM. They had Jeff Goodman on, and Rick Neuheisel asked Jeff, "Is it UConn and everybody else?" Jeff didn't actually ask the question, but extolled the virtues of UConn and then ended by giving some props to Purdue as well.

Harris is coming ! Harris is special.

I can agree with a lot of that although I think Braden and Fletcher 100% start as does Trey. I think Catchings starts (maybe not the first few games) but if not he will play a LOT...he is very talented. Cam is going to get major minutes as will Myles. Not sure how Berg fits in. He has improved a lot and will get some minutes I believe. How much I have no idea. Lot of time before next season for growth in several players

We have 2 4 star recruits coming in, both capable of shooting and playing guard although Catchings is obviously a SF.

I dont want to say 100% because you never know. If Harris comes in with the shooting of Fletcher but the defensive claims are real, weirder things have happened.

Berg has not impressed in his mop up duties, and Jacobsen comes highly touted too. I like Trey, but there is a world where Jacobsen comes in lights out too.

You never know, Smith should be All Big ten first or 2nd team, hard to take an all big ten player out of the starting lineup so he is the only one I say starts 100%, although very likely Fketch keeps his starting job and greater than 50% that Trey does too.

ignore those and listen to a few in the forum! ;) One thing that makes Braden so good is how quickly he processes things...how quickly his decisions are, how well he sees the court and how in a split second he makes a play. All that together makes it easy for him to believe that he can do everything and once in a while takes on too much and tries to control the game too much...but you also don't want to hinder too much that aggressiveness...
Oh I’m out there defending him and laughing at them. They don’t watch him like we all do, every game. They think he’s only good cuz of Zach. But they’ll see next year without Zach, but then they’ll make up another excuse. All I know is I’m glad he’s our PG and standby saying he’s going to be the best PG we have seen at Purdue.

I’ve been told that Braden isn’t that quick! Even after he cooked Cupps all night, I was told Him and Cupps are very similar in speed. I’m told on X that Smith can’t get to the bucket by himself and it’s only because of edey’s picks!

😂 😂
ignore those and listen to a few in the forum! ;) One thing that makes Braden so good is how quickly he processes things...how quickly his decisions are, how well he sees the court and how in a split second he makes a play. All that together makes it easy for him to believe that he can do everything and once in a while takes on too much and tries to control the game too much...but you also don't want to hinder too much that aggressiveness...

Purdue now projected to win the B1G by 4 games

Illinois is an easy answer. Before TSJ got held out they looked scary, my guess is they will get that mojo back before March. I also wouldn't want NW as my 8/9 across from me as a 1 seed, their annoying D and a hot night from Boui (sp) can upset anyone.
Illinois looked scary but they didn’t beat anyone to note with him then and still haven’t to date. I expect a loss for us there in Champaign but guessing it won’t matter by that point.

A few points-

1. Harris won his region player of the year. It’s a good region and he’s likely top 2-3 for GA player of the year but he hasn’t won that yet
2. Wilkins isn’t getting away from UGA. Would love to have him though, especially if timing were a bit different. I don’t think he’d want to sit behind Brayden and I’ve seen him live twice…he’s not as quick as Brayden…yet.
3. I think Catchings and Harris start
4. Name the last MSU big time recruit who lived up to the hype. We did t miss Malik Hall for a half a second. Booker doesn’t even play. I know he missed some time but he looks less than ill prepared for the college game. Call me crazy but I feel Flory Bidunga will fit this category too.
5. Newman was more athletic than Ivey as a recruit. Once Ivey showed up he bought in strength and nutrition wise and is an incredibly hard worker. He took many steps. Newman wasn’t much better the day he left than the day he came I.
6. I don’t think Jacobson ever contributes here meaningfully. Hope I’m wrong.
I’ve been told that Braden isn’t that quick! Even after he cooked Cupps all night, I was told Him and Cupps are very similar in speed. I’m told on X that Smith can’t get to the bucket by himself and it’s only because of edey’s picks!

😂 😂

The team will be completely different next year without Edey, and Catchings will start next year, so depends if we go with 2 SF's in Catchings and Heide, or go small with Harris and Catchings at the 4? How good is Jacobsen, does he play allot of center or does he need time to develop.

Long story short, 100% Smith starts, 90% Catchings starts and 75% Loyer starts.

Its a good problem to have, but very real chance Harris doesnt start. More to do with our depth than Harris. We will see.
I can agree with a lot of that although I think Braden and Fletcher 100% start as does Trey. I think Catchings starts (maybe not the first few games) but if not he will play a LOT...he is very talented. Cam is going to get major minutes as will Myles. Not sure how Berg fits in. He has improved a lot and will get some minutes I believe. How much I have no idea. Lot of time before next season for growth in several players

Absolutely WILD rumors around the Arkansas program...

It hit the J&C newspaper mentioning panties on the lawn. Purdue, couldn't have that and dismissed Lynn and on her way out she said Frank had taken two verballed players to a hotel since it was raining. The NCAA got involved and legend has it an IU person spearheaded it. Frank was asked if he took them on such and such day and Frank said no...which was true. He took them on a different day. The NCAA said he lied rather than he was deceitful and Frank like Dunn was dismissed. This upset Frank and thought Purdue should have done more to protect him and turned his back on Purdue and started supporting players to go elsewhere. This lasted for a few years and Matt then got him back in fold and all is good now. I saw Frank in the restroom before the IU game and said it was great to see him and he responded with "my privilege".

Anyone that knows Frank knows just how personable he is. I always have liked Frank...
As I recall, the official version of Dunn's exit was that Purdue fulfilled her contract and diid not extend it.

A big concern for our team heading into March

It's certainly subpar. For a role where the primary benefit is outside shooting and where defense is a liability.

If folks want to quibble over cold v below average feel free.
Painter needs to work on signing players who have above average shooting nights every time out ;)

A big concern for our team heading into March

One thing that no one is really talking about is how this team is playing faster than last year. That was a major criticism coming out of the tournament loss. And I don't think you can put it all on Jones being here. I think it's an adjustment that Painter had to make and it's paying off. You would think the result would include more turnovers but we really aren't seeing that.

Agree, CB.....Purdue is 151 in adjusted tempo, which is middle of the pack basically, but Purdue was in the 300's last year - that's a huge jump/difference, which I like.

Also, Purdue is 61 with "luck" as opposed to 129 from last year......

giphy.gif

Yep. I heard it was one assistant coach in particular.

And then Dunn narc’d on the men’s program on her way out the door…
It hit the J&C newspaper mentioning panties on the lawn. Purdue, couldn't have that and dismissed Lynn and on her way out she said Frank had taken two verballed players to a hotel since it was raining. The NCAA got involved and legend has it an IU person spearheaded it. Frank was asked if he took them on such and such day and Frank said no...which was true. He took them on a different day. The NCAA said he lied rather than he was deceitful and Frank like Dunn was dismissed. This upset Frank and thought Purdue should have done more to protect him and turned his back on Purdue and started supporting players to go elsewhere. This lasted for a few years and Matt then got him back in fold and all is good now. I saw Frank in the restroom before the IU game and said it was great to see him and he responded with "my privilege".

Anyone that knows Frank knows just how personable he is. I always have liked Frank...

Gonna watch Arkansas-Tennessee to get Kim in the mood?
I have no issues with her in the mood! She is very good to and for me. ;) I may not even be able to wait for Valentines Day. ;) She is probably in a great mood right now since she texted me an hour ago and said her boss would let her take a month of vacation so we can return to Italy later this year!!!

On a different thought considering basketball she is at a point now where she tells me who all is on that night and enjoys watching other games in the Big...mostly wishful that Illinois and Wisconsin lose and any other team that increases the odds of Purdue winning the Big. Yesterday when she returned to work...her friend (Kelly) that was a cheerleader at IU when Knight threw the chair came up to her out of the blue and told Kim how much she liked that Smith kid and how he played the game the way it was supposed to be played. Kim looked at her a bit surprised and asked if she didn't know who he was and she didn't. Kim told her his father played with Kim's brother and mentioned and that Dick Smith was the grandfather and she had no idea.

I asked Kim if she told her how much I liked Braden's game and she said no. I said, "Kim, you know I saw him once and was impressed and wanted you to see him...which is something I've never done with another player.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT