ADVERTISEMENT

A big concern for our team heading into March

I don't know why you think this is a burn. We aren't talking about having above average shooting every night, we are talking about a level of streakiness that some of our other top shooters don't quite have.

I get it though, people are taking it as unfair criticism of Loyer and going into defense mode. But the reality is that he isn't a perfect player, and we can talk about weaknesses without people getting upset. He has two "needs to improve" being more consistent on the offensive end, and being better on defense.
1) I’m just playing dude, wasn’t meant to be a burn 2) as stated for the third time now, unless you’re comparing him to elite, elite shooters, Fletcher has not be been streaky this year, he just hasn’t 3) absolutely agree that there’s plenty of room for growth in his game, particularly on the defensive end but on offense as well
Reactions: Zaphod_B

Painter needs to work on signing players who have above average shooting nights every time out ;)
I don't know why you think this is a burn. We aren't talking about having above average shooting every night, we are talking about a level of streakiness that some of our other top shooters don't quite have.

I get it though, people are taking it as unfair criticism of Loyer and going into defense mode. But the reality is that he isn't a perfect player, and we can talk about weaknesses without people getting upset. He has two "needs to improve" being more consistent on the offensive end, and being better on defense.

Awesome Edey article, talking about his draft potential.

I mean I think the problem is going to be NBA teams aren't likely to adjust against the grain of how they play offense to go back to old school back to the basket dump it down offense.

Doesn't mean he won't be drafted. And doesn't mean he can't see playing time. I'm going to guess it will be situational though.

It's not his fault and it's not a lack of talent on his part, it's just a schematic thing. 10 years or more ago and he's a top 3 pick and guaranteed starter.
He’s pretty good in pick and roll already.
The thing about Zach is that nobody knows where his ceiling is because he just keeps getting better each season.

Harris is coming ! Harris is special.

Oh I’m out there defending him and laughing at them. They don’t watch him like we all do, every game. They think he’s only good cuz of Zach. But they’ll see next year without Zach, but then they’ll make up another excuse. All I know is I’m glad he’s our PG and standby saying he’s going to be the best PG we have seen at Purdue.
I know that I was just teasing you
Reactions: DwaynePurvis00

Oh I’m out there defending him and laughing at them. They don’t watch him like we all do, every game. They think he’s only good cuz of Zach. But they’ll see next year without Zach, but then they’ll make up another excuse. All I know is I’m glad he’s our PG and standby saying he’s going to be the best PG we have seen at

Catchings could be a one and done player, he has that level tallent. Loyer might never make the NBA. I know talent isnt everything, and CMP is loyal, but Catchings I feel is coming in and will be special from day 1. Including Biggie, I think Catchings might be our best recruit since Big Dog.

Just an opinion, but the type that starts from day 1, as for Harris, I havent watch film on him, but I hear great things about him too....lots of competition next year for the starting spots.
No that would be Zach but I agree with everything else. Harris has the body to play but Myles isn't starting and nor will Harris unless Braden makes Kelsey Barlow's prediction come true and Braden is NBA ready. Harris plays hard and is a constant threat on both sides of the ball. Kanon looks the part but this crap league is hurting him for the College level while benefitting for the NBA. He can be the most dominating player in the blink of the eye. He is special.
Reactions: Boiler Buck

Still #2 in the AP poll with 16 #1 votes

Take care of MN at home like we should, and I gotta believe Purdue will be announced as the overall #1 when the in-season top 16 seeds get announced this Saturday.

I know it's only a preview that can certainly change but will still be hugely satisfying seeing it on Saturday. It's also a big fat carrot put out in front of them... See this #1 overall, you earned it... now finish the season strong to keep it!
Completely agree.

Still #2 in the AP poll with 16 #1 votes

Don’t look now but UConn’s December 20 loss at Seton Hall has been downgraded to Q2 (Seton Hall currently #76 in NET, to go with Kansas #17 prior to their evisceration at Texas Tech, vs. Nebraska #53 and Northwestern #56). So not only do we have better wins, we arguably also have less-bad losses.
Take care of MN at home like we should, and I gotta believe Purdue will be announced as the overall #1 when the in-season top 16 seeds get announced this Saturday.

I know it's only a preview that can certainly change but will still be hugely satisfying seeing it on Saturday. It's also a big fat carrot put out in front of them... See this #1 overall, you earned it... now finish the season strong to keep it!

Putting the likelihood of Catchings starting as higher than Loyer shows a complete disconnect from reality.
Catchings could be a one and done player, he has that level tallent. Loyer might never make the NBA. I know talent isnt everything, and CMP is loyal, but Catchings I feel is coming in and will be special from day 1. Including Biggie, I think Catchings might be our best recruit since Big Dog.

Just an opinion, but the type that starts from day 1, as for Harris, I havent watch film on him, but I hear great things about him too....lots of competition next year for the starting spots.
Reactions: Boiler Buck

I didn’t.

I don’t think Jacobson is big or tough enough inside to dominate at the level we are used to having our bigs dominate. We’ll find a guy who fits the traditional Painter big role and Jacobson will either play the 4 or play the 5 sparingly like Furst. It is what it is. The kids tape doesn’t scream out anything special to me.
I don't trust highlight clips. I will make this statement now Daniel Jacobsen will be the highest draft pick in this class! I see where one of the ranking sites had him at 68 others apparently think he is something special. He is just young. Jason Smith is a good coach and has done well with him. You can't teach 7'2 you can however fill him out and build him up. He reclassed to jump to the NBA early because he is a mobile 7'2" his dad knows what they are doing. I want his brother as well in 2026 unless he reclassifies.

So we need to fix the border.

For your own list, don't forget to include the item where you lie about something to support your argument, as in the A. Biden diary discussion. (And another item further down the list, where you refuse to admit you lied even though cannot prove otherwise.)
Another center-target #9!

“Whattabout Ashley Biden Hunter Biden Joe Crow Biden” may need to be reclassified as an entire new item, or at least a primary #9 subset.

Hahahahahaa

One thing that no one is really talking about is how this team is playing faster than last year. That was a major criticism coming out of the tournament loss. And I don't think you can put it all on Jones being here. I think it's an adjustment that Painter had to make and it's paying off. You would think the result would include more turnovers but we really aren't seeing that.
Lance mostly, but Braden will push if it's there for sure. SOOOOO happy to see them forcing the attack when teams pressure and they break it. World of difference in confidence both ways. Up for us. Down for the pressing team. Make Them Pay.

Opening night 100% chance Smith and Loyer start, 85% TKR starts, after that not sure. I’ll make a first night prediction (likely wrong but that’s ok lol) Furst/TKR/Colvin/Loyer/Smith. Catchings, Harris, Heide, Berg first 4 off the bench. Remember it’s first game, I think Furst will get first dibs on opening night.
Nailed it. Those three start and it's going to be a battle at the 3 and 5.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT