ADVERTISEMENT

Some of you understand

2 of the 5 fights in my life came from my having heard one too many "ugly Purdue girl" jokes.
The venom and dislike was real on both sides from mostly, as noted, NON-alums. Still, they took it TOO far and I really got tired of hearing it.
Now many years later my 2 step daughters were at iu for 8 years straight. (one of them never saw iu beat purdue) They are both sweet and bright and the purdue/iu thing is much more casual and less biting than the 70's.
Probably helps that I grasp now that we're ALL the SAME. Just a different school we support. (chuckle)
Eight years is a long time to be in college ;)

B10 Championships / Realignment

It's just going to be a bummer that most championships going forward will be much more likely to be determined by the schedule than by anything else. I almost wish the Big10 would do two divisions, but then we'd basically have the PAC-10 and B10 again in all but name only. Not exactly, but feels like it.

On a side note: also still laughing that Cal and Stanford are in the Atlantic Coast Conference next year. It's like the NCAA has entered the upside down.

That's the second part of the trilogy after when the Big 10 had 12, and the Big XII had 10.....haha. The conclusion to come - the Big 64! after some additional prequel antics.
Reactions: Do Dah Day

Pretty great video from last night…

too easily distracted!! 😂

Was it perhaps the Nebraska Rutgers game? That had the wildest, most chaotic and odd ending in regulation I have seen in quite some time.

Rutgers also missed 14 (!!!!) FTs and pulled it off. Nebraska may have lost a key player in Gary…also they shot 13-35 from 3 (just above their average and Rutgers defense was not good out on the perimeter…Nebraska had open shot after open shot). Tominaga hit an impossible quick 3 in OT and shot the 3 ball well. Mast, who dominated our game, was awful in this one and missed a huge wide open 3. Tough game for Nebraska.
Rutgers had 25 offensive rebounds. In the second game of the night Maryland had 27 rebounds and northwestern had 30 rebounds for the entire game. 😵‍💫

Some of you understand

2 of the 5 fights in my life came from my having heard one too many "ugly Purdue girl" jokes.
The venom and dislike was real on both sides from mostly, as noted, NON-alums. Still, they took it TOO far and I really got tired of hearing it.
Now many years later my 2 step daughters were at iu for 8 years straight. (one of them never saw iu beat purdue) They are both sweet and bright and the purdue/iu thing is much more casual and less biting than the 70's.
Probably helps that I grasp now that we're ALL the SAME. Just a different school we support. (chuckle)
Reactions: drewjin and Seyton

Purdue played a zone against IU...kinda

There were a few plays that we didn’t even bother closing out on Galloway and Xavier because we knew they weren’t going to hit.

Speaking of Xavier - watching the replay, I thought his shot looked weird live but man it is broken. Dude just needs to retire and fire up his LinkedIn premium account and Indeed.
I bet his mom says he can shoot that thang!
Reactions: ChoiceBeef

Harbaugh: "I didn't cheat"

Look around at the other punishments the NCAA has dished out against other teams in the past 5 years. Do you really believe they will take any additional action against Michigan? If they did, Michigan would expose so many other schools who are doing the exact same thing. Do you truly believe Michigan is the only school that is stealing signs of other teams? Even if not physically in the stands, teams have other means of obtaining information about their opponents. College teams also have a bad habit of being predictable.

As for the Astros, what % cares about an *. ? What % cared if Sosa and McGuire were on steroids? What % cares about bad or missed calls by refs? Are refs going to start calling more fouls, traveling and palming the ball? Is the NFL commish ever going to change the results of a game? No to all of the above.
Does your son not care about cheating like you don't? He is a BT coach correct? Does he approve using illegal performance enhancing drugs as you do? Does he simply look the other way to win?
Reactions: BoilerHuff3

He is a mess...The release is the same, but there is a quick hitch and tons of leg movement all the sudden. Mental and anxiety.
The hitch and leg movement are spot on. Reminds me of Nojel his last year at Purdue. Just looks unnatural and forced. Woody bet on him and Galloway and obviously should have gone all in on some transfers.
Reactions: MDS3

Margin of victory at Assembly Hall...

Yeah I know painter doesn’t like to do it, wouldn’t mind seeing it though. Especially making a statement at the expense of an instate rival.
Not only that, but Matt (being a coach and not a fan) will want to let other players get minutes. Matt wants to win and would like to do it with more players getting minutes and contributing as much as possible. That approach helps the team...especially in practice going forward. His job and what he hopes to accomplish differ from fans in a lot of ways. Now Matt has no problem winning by 40, but that would happen with others getting a lot more minutes. It is about the team and making them better even though a LOT of fans would like to see a huge point spread regardless.

Ok be honest now

What would you consider the "biggest"? Not saying you're wrong. Just curious.

The only other obvious difference would be the increase in the three-point shooting percentage (particularly Loyer) but one could argue that is impacted by the presence of Jones.

My thought was with Morton starting most of last year and the inconsistency from last year's bench guys, if Loyer or Smith had a bad game those back court points weren't coming from anywhere else.

We may have beaten IU without Jones but we don't have a backcourt guy coming off the bench who is even capable of scoring 17 points in a game at this point in their career. Maybe Colvin but as we have seen, that would create a lot of other issues.
I have no idea how to justify anyone as the biggest. I see so many things that are intertwined together in a team game it is hard to say what is the biggest. I know he is huge for Purdue and have stated that before. I think Zach moving better is huge and Matt trusting Zach to play D without help due Zach's improved quickness is also huge. I think Braden has improved and his play is huge. I don't know that anyone's contributions are bigger than Lance's, but also don't know that he is the biggest.

Trying to quantify that assumes
1)some contributions are more important than others (some obviously are)
2) while at the same time assumes nobody improves from last year and that the team doesn't morf a bit different and is still really good. Bottom line Lance has been huge and his contributions based upon what was believed coming into the season is as big as anyone, and maybe the biggest? No disagreement with you, just reluctant to attempt to quantify him as the biggest although someone could make a strong case for him. I don't get so sure of anything in basketball. Age has shown me the game is sometimes unpredictable as are projecting future teams...even if it returns many players due to chemistry and such. He is as good of a choice as any and believe most would agree with that

Same but Painter is a professional and doesn’t do that sort of thing. One thing I remember about Tuesday was Myles grabbing the rebound and turning to go full speed down the court. Didn’t see the bench but he went from throttling up to walking real quick. Assuming he understood the assignment.

Last thing - one of the two people in that game is still coaching at their job. The other is an analyst.
Yeah I know painter doesn’t like to do it, wouldn’t mind seeing it though. Especially making a statement at the expense of an instate rival.
Reactions: ChoiceBeef

There were a few plays that we didn’t even bother closing out on Galloway and Xavier because we knew they weren’t going to hit.

Speaking of Xavier - watching the replay, I thought his shot looked weird live but man it is broken. Dude just needs to retire and fire up his LinkedIn premium account and Indeed.
Doubt that's what he's gonna fire up.

47-13?? Lol

Also, wonder how bad we beat them at home? Still remember cream running the score up on us when we were really bad and they were #1. I’d like to see us crush them by 40.
On one hand their freshmen could struggle with intimidation like some other freshmen. On the other hand...and the one Matt would prepare for is a more competitive game. IU may not get in foul trouble and actually make some shots and Purdue could do a lot right and miss. Woody will point out Zach going to the floor and help ignite a more competitive fire in IU. I expect Purdue to win, but have a tougher game due to the embarrassment Purdue put on IU. However, if Purdue could intimidate them early at Mackey and be as comfortable at half as Purdue was in Mackey south then who knows.

Ok be honest now

Not sure he is the biggest, but Lance is definitely a difference maker.
What would you consider the "biggest"? Not saying you're wrong. Just curious.

The only other obvious difference would be the increase in the three-point shooting percentage (particularly Loyer) but one could argue that is impacted by the presence of Jones.

My thought was with Morton starting most of last year and the inconsistency from last year's bench guys, if Loyer or Smith had a bad game those back court points weren't coming from anywhere else.

We may have beaten IU without Jones but we don't have a backcourt guy coming off the bench who is even capable of scoring 17 points in a game at this point in their career. Maybe Colvin but as we have seen, that would create a lot of other issues.
Reactions: Schmedly_Whiplash

B10 Championships / Realignment

All I know is Purdue wins fewer B10 championships under the new alignment/teams. Sad.
It's just going to be a bummer that most championships going forward will be much more likely to be determined by the schedule than by anything else. I almost wish the Big10 would do two divisions, but then we'd basically have the PAC-10 and B10 again in all but name only. Not exactly, but feels like it.

On a side note: also still laughing that Cal and Stanford are in the Atlantic Coast Conference next year. It's like the NCAA has entered the upside down.

That shot is horrendous. How did it get so bad?

We also left Cupps and Gunn wiiiide open and let walker shoot that transition three that he shot from the right side and missed so bad, it hit the left side of the backboard.
I'm unaware of his shot being any different other than he made some in the past. Right now he is more of a mental mess it appears than in the past...and the operative word is "more".
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT