ADVERTISEMENT

USA Basketball Beat by France

This is so… yawn… interesting. Please keep posting this socially relevant drivel. I must tell you… yawn… I lie awake just waiting for the next… yawn… post from you internet warriors. Thanks… yawn… for the entertainment…
With all that yawning, how are you able to lie awake?

Is there any truth to what people are saying about judges supposedly deducting points for certain moves she does, since apparently the difficulty level is so high and they don't want other gymnasts to try them, out of fear they may injure themselves?

Have never heard that.

I think there is an enormous difference between a protest that gets out of hand, and an insurrection. I guess it’s now fashionable to call such a protest an insurrection, but I think it was not. I don’t like that it happened. I don’t like that it got violent, but let’s not get too far down the fantasy insurrection road.

How violent was it even? As far as I know- none of the protestors were armed. The only person killed was one of the protestors by a police officer. I don’t think anyone has even been charged with insurrection have they?

the word "insurrection" was chosen for political gain.

Nothing more, nothing less.
Exactly this. And used by a party with the collective IQ of a carrot. It's a buzzword tossed around to rile up their base because they know the chances are very real that both the house and the senate swing to the GOP.

If that happens I would love nothing more than for all of this bi-partisan crap to end however, after the disgusting crap Pelosi and her ilk have done the last few years I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't a little 'payback' and it is very deserved.

Exactly this. And used by a party with the collective IQ of a carrot. It's a buzzword tossed around to rile up their base because they know the chances are very real that both the house and the senate swing to the GOP.

If that happens I would love nothing more than for all of this bi-partisan crap to end however, after the disgusting crap Pelosi and her ilk have done the last few years I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't a little 'payback' and it is very deserved.

Pendulum keeps on swinging- gaining length with every pass

Ever wonder why its just 4 or 5 of you going around in circles? Its probably because few find threads like this interesting. Its like listening to your crazy uncle during the holidays.

Can someone explain to me how the last 20 post even relate to basketball, let alone Purdue Basketball?

Ever wonder why its just 4 or 5 of you going around in circles? Its probably because few find threads like this interesting. Its like listening to your crazy uncle during the holidays.

Can someone explain to me how the last 20 post even relate to basketball, let alone Purdue Basketball?
Mathboy could explain it, but he cannot stop yawning long enough to do so.

You should hear what your uncles are saying about you.

Aside from it being a very slow sports time, no one forced you to open this topic. Don't want to read it? Don't open it. It's that simple.

Also, since you brought it up, how does your post relate to basketball, let alone Purdue Basketball?

Last edited:
Aside from it being a very slow sports time, no one forced you to open this topic. Don't want to read it? Don't open it. It's that simple.

Also, since you brought it up, how does your post relate to basketball, let alone Purdue Basketball?
Just stop. There is a general discussion board.

The thread is titled US basketball beat by France. Not Purdue but at least its basketball.

Reactions: Emartin70287
Just stop. There is a general discussion board.
No. Contrary to your belief and mine at one point, people are allowed to post what they want. I didn't start the thread nor take it down it's current path, but I will most certainly comment how I see fit. IDGAF if it bothers you or anyone else on here to be perfectly clear.

Like I said, if you don't want to read the comments just don't open the thread or scroll on by. Trust me my life will go on just fine if you skip over what is said on here. Your input isn't nearly that valuable.

Last edited:
No. Contrary to your belief and mine at one point, people are allowed to post what they want. I didn't start the thread nor take it down it's current path, but I will most certainly comment how I see fit. IDGAF if it bothers you or anyone else on here to be perfectly clear.

So playing the "people are free to do whatever they want" card?

Can we just agree that some people prefer to talk about sports, and not politics? If you want to talk politics, that's fine, there's a general board for you to talk politics. But if the consensus agree to have the politics kept in the general forum, and leave sports for sports, as community members, shouldn't we respect that?

And I am not saying it's a zero tolerance policy. I understand sometimes politics is a part of sports (e.g. players kneeling, or whether vaccine / mask is required for players). And we might touch on those in a sports thread. But when it is clear that the topic has steered away from sports, maybe we should just stop?

And if you wanna continue talking about Jan 6th, insurrection, or other kind of politics, start a thread in the general forum and many will comment there and everyone's happy.

Like I said, if you don't want to read the comments just don't open the thread or scroll on by. Trust me my life will go on just fine if you skip over what is said on here. Your input isn't nearly that valuable.

That's kind of tyrannical. The sad thing about this forum is that comments are very poorly organized. It is strictly chronological. So if someone wants to read about USA-France basketball, there is no way that he knows it will become a political thread until he reads it through. So to say "don't open" or "scroll by" is inconsiderate.

It'll be like if I smoke in a place that has a non-smoking sign, and if someone asks me to "would you mind smoke at the designated smoking room?", and I say, "If you don't want breathe in second-hand smoke, just don't breathe or go elsewhere. Trust me, my life will go on just fine if you GTFU of here. Your presence isn't nearly that valuable." Do you see how dickish it is?

Reactions: Emartin70287

I'll move on from the thread but why you feel the need to have this conversation on a Purdue basketball forum is beyond me.

So playing the "people are free to do whatever they want" card?

Can we just agree that some people prefer to talk about sports, and not politics? If you want to talk politics, that's fine, there's a general board for you to talk politics. But if the consensus agree to have the politics kept in the general forum, and leave sports for sports, as community members, shouldn't we respect that?

And I am not saying it's a zero tolerance policy. I understand sometimes politics is a part of sports (e.g. players kneeling, or whether vaccine / mask is required for players). And we might touch on those in a sports thread. But when it is clear that the topic has steered away from sports, maybe we should just stop?

And if you wanna continue talking about Jan 6th, insurrection, or other kind of politics, start a thread in the general forum and many will comment there and everyone's happy.

That's kind of tyrannical. The sad thing about this forum is that comments are very poorly organized. It is strictly chronological. So if someone wants to read about USA-France basketball, there is no way that he knows it will become a political thread until he reads it through. So to say "don't open" or "scroll by" is inconsiderate.

It'll be like if I smoke in a place that has a non-smoking sign, and if someone asks me to "would you mind smoke at the designated smoking room?", and I say, "If you don't want breathe in second-hand smoke, just don't breathe or go elsewhere. Trust me, my life will go on just fine if you GTFU of here. Your presence isn't nearly that valuable." Do you see how dickish it is?
If you don't want to talk politics, don't open a thread talking about politics. How are you missing that simple thing? It's one thread on here that is more than likely going to disappear once something useful about Purdue basketball comes around. And a thread that is pretty obvious in what is being discussed which makes it very avoidable. Your analogy though is something to behold, ridiculous and not applicable, but the mental gymnastics you had to go through to tie all that together had to be migraine worthy.

Stop being such a Karen. You're turning this in to something much bigger than it is in a very hypocritical way. But as I said rest assured I am going to post whatever I want that doesn't violate the TOS and IDAF if it bothers you nor do I care if you find me 'dickish' because your input or opinion of me is not that valuable.

But here let me give you a tip: You see a topic, you open it and find it has content that doesn't interest you, you then know you need to avoid it. If it's at the top of your list, you use your mouse scroll wheel to move to other topics. At that point you know to avoid it, again it's not difficult.

Edit: what is rather funny, is this thread was starting to die already until people complaining about it's existence 'bumped' it.

Last edited:
Reactions: BoilerAndy
I'll just leave this here and move on.
From my perspective it is inconsiderate to the OP to hijack a thread and take it in a totally different direction, whether it is politics or something else. Now whether that fits in this case is debatable. But there have been plenty of instances where the OP discussion was focused on Purdue sports and the thread got hijacked. When that happens, people who want to actually participate in the OP discussion find it very difficult to follow, having to wade through all the off topic comments due to the layout of the board (topic view vs. thread view).

Reactions: charlespig
When that happens, people who want to actually participate in the OP discussion find it very difficult to follow, having to wade through all the off topic comments due to the layout of the board (topic view vs. thread view).
Then perhaps tell the people that are specifically call me and others out which continues to derail threads to knock it off. As I said, this thread was starting to die off until that happened. Additionally there was actually a halfway decent conversation about the OP's topic going on until the 'thou shall not post' police showed up.

And again, others having to wade through things is not my problem. Its contained in one thread so if people have a hard time navigating around that, it's their problem. It was clear from the onset of this thread on how it was going to turn out. It stuns me that smart Purdue people can't spot the obvious.

I'll just leave this here and move on.
From my perspective it is inconsiderate to the OP to hijack a thread and take it in a totally different direction, whether it is politics or something else. Now whether that fits in this case is debatable. But there have been plenty of instances where the OP discussion was focused on Purdue sports and the thread got hijacked. When that happens, people who want to actually participate in the OP discussion find it very difficult to follow, having to wade through all the off topic comments due to the layout of the board (topic view vs. thread view).
guilty, your honor. (Well, assuming you have "honor"... 😉 )

that's one of the dangers on an internet forum. Especially in the offseason, but really any time.

People have normal conversations, and they wander. They go to from a somewhat-related post to another somewhat-related post... then suddenly we're off on a rabbit trail.

As to the intent of the OP, and with due respect, where I will differ is by acknowledging that threads aren't "owned" by the OP. But, I get your point.

Have a fantastic day.

Reactions: FirstDownB
How about we all just do the right thing and let this thread die?

I have zero issue with it being posted nor the path it took, but now it's spiraled in to discussing forum posting rules and calling out a specific user for things they aren't the only one doing it.

The drama is pretty silly folks. There is an ignore feature in here as well for those that want to use it.

But I warn you.... If you ignore me you WILL miss out on some epic adult beverage recipes (and typos)!

Last edited:
I'm telling you, Mathboy can explain it, but he must have finally fallen asleep.

Eventually he will wake up, I hope, and make it clear for all of us.
Here is how it goes together:

Jamison's Black Barrel, over very cold ice cubes, sipped very slowly on the deck, in a lounger. Yes, I know some of you don't want the ice to dilute, but I'd rather have it iced than not. Just a personal taste thing I suppose.

I have tried that "Proof" syrup and it makes a hell of an old fashioned.

Jamison's Black Barrel, over very cold ice cubes, sipped very slowly on the deck, in a lounger. Yes, I know some of you don't want the ice to dilute, but I'd rather have it iced than not. Just a personal taste thing I suppose.

You're a man after my own tastes my friend! I have several of those "proof" things and they are very good.

Reactions: mathboy

Yes, thank you. The long wait for enlightenment is over. I feel vindicated in my confidence that you would explain it all.

Boiler UP

Reactions: mathboy and BBG
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT