ADVERTISEMENT

Trumps Florida Home Raided by the FBI

I’ll be curious to see the specifics on the documents, if ever released, and also the affidavit, if ever released.
Of course … that’s the main question. We very likely won’t see the affidavit unless an indictment is filed … and even then it might still be sealed and only shown to Trump’s lawyers.

Last edited:
People who mishandle classified documents can be fined and put in jail, depending on the level and scale of mishandling. Fines and jail time can and do happen.
At least the charges Trump faces do not mention or tie to classification status. You are correct though, there are statutes on releasing classified information .. but it’s much more frequent to see internal penalties for civil servants that screw up (more commonly mistakes made sharing something they should not have).

Ironically Trump did pass the law that did add more specific penalties for this type of stuff (that he could now be charged with!)

Interesting ... here's a 10 year old article (before Hillary or Trump) on the Espionage Act (which i believe is one of the potential charges in the warrant).

Some types of classified information are specifically protected by law, including that pertaining to communications intelligence, identities of covert agents, and nuclear weapons design information. But the Espionage Act statutes that have been used to prosecute most leak cases (18 USC 793, 794) do not mention “classified information” at all. Rather, they apply to “national defense” information, an imprecise term that is not coextensive with “classified” information.

Technically Trump hasn't been caught with anything.
I am holding judgement until the goods are produced.
Shall I say Russia, Russia, Russia and Ukraine?
I don't know why you keep bringing up Ukraine. He was impeached for it . There was no formal proceeding that came to a conclusion one way or the other.

As for Russia.....the story changes as time passes.

To be clear, Russia interfered to help Trump. He knew that. He didn't inform anybody in law enforcement. He asked for their help. There were contacts with people affiliated with Rusdia. There were meetings. A trump associate passed on information to them.

Mueller concluded he didn't have sufficient evidence to prove trump coordinated with Russia. He did find enough evidence to say he could not exonerate trump on obstructing the investigation.

The investigation was warranted. It was not a witch hunt.

One of them had 113 emails containing classified information, only three of which were marked (Confidential). Confidential is one step above Unclassified.
Dude, seriously? You better go back and watch Comey's statement again. 8 email chains marked top secret, 36 secret and eight confidential. And that's just among the ones they managed to track down.
The other was caught with properly marked hard copy SCI. That is the highest classification with respect to intelligence sources that exists and compartmentalization restricts access even further. That doesn’t even get into the dozen or so other TS and S documents - properly marked hard copies - that were taken.
Cool. They were in a basement.
In the game of “whataboutism”, what Trump was caught with is objectively far, far worse. The damning thjng here will the be level of classification and the fact that the material was properly marked.
The Hilary material was properly marked. Didn't seem to matter for her.

I don't know why you keep bringing up Ukraine. He was impeached for it . There was no formal proceeding that came to a conclusion one way or the other.

To be clear, Russia interfered to help Trump. He knew that. He didn't inform anybody in law enforcement. He asked for their help. There were contacts with people affiliated with Rusdia. There were meetings. A trump associate passed on information to them.

Mueller concluded he didn't have sufficient evidence to prove trump coordinated with Russia. He did find enough evidence to say he could not exonerate trump on obstructing the investigation.

You're MSNBC's favorite viewer. Whatever they say, you believe.

Reactions: BoilerMadness
You're MSNBC's favorite viewer. Whatever they say, you believe.
And you have nothing substantial to add to the conversation. All you do anymore is cry about the media and trump criticism. Poor baby. Did I say something that wasn't true?

Why aren't you going to vote for the best president in your lifetime anyway?

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
That sounds serious. Why hasn’t he been arrested yet? The FBI needs to get it together and hurry this up. Or they can drag it out to keep Trump in the headlines to keep you people outraged…an even better idea.
I mean, it's an ongoing investigation. If they just went and arrested him you and your ilk would try to start a civil war.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
And you have nothing substantial to add to the conversation. All you do anymore is cry about the media and trump criticism. Poor baby. Did I say something that wasn't true?

Why aren't you going to vote for the best president in your lifetime anyway?
It’s about time you go into bully mode. Go get that Trump voter!!!

You caught on to that huh? I knew it would lead to more babbling from you. Doesn't take much...
More babbling? My posts are typically pretty concise and they don’t include getting upset about hypotheticals like your ilk.

How many times do you need me to say it to you? He had TS/SCI documents at Mar-a-Lago.
Unlike HRC, Trump, as President, had the authority to declassify any classified documents, while he was in office. He says he declassified them. Do we have any proof, that he didn't?

It doesn't take a genius to look at the timing of this home invasion and see the Dems orchestrating another attack on the Big Orange Guy, trying to denigrate him again, so they can smear all the candidates he's endorsed by proxy. It's another cheap political stunt by the Dems, which will fizzle out after the midterm elections.

Of course, if Trump decides to run again, the Dems will become totally unhinged in their attacks.

Last edited:
Unlike HRC, Trump, as President, had the authority to declassify any classified documents, while he was in office. He says he declassified them. Do we have any proof, that he didn't?

It doesn't take a genius to look at the timing of this home invasion and see the Dems orchestrating another attack on the Big Orange Guy, trying to denigrate him again, so they can smear all the candidates he's endorsed by proxy. It's another cheap political stunt by the Dems, which will fizzle out after the midterm elections.

Of course, if Trump decides to run again, the Dems will become totally unhinged in their attacks.
Do we have any evidence he did?

You think the "if I take it home it's classified" policy would work well in the oval office? How does anybody else know it's suddenly been unclassified? Is that a prudent or safe policy for classified government documents? You see any problems with that?

Is it possible in your mind that he actually BROKE the law?

Have you SEEN the candidates he's endorsed?

They were selected because they kiss his ass.....or are his friends......or they oppose a candidate that are on his revenge list. Has nothing to do with their policy positions ......if they have any other than outrage.

Dude, seriously? You better go back and watch Comey's statement again. 8 email chains marked top secret, 36 secret and eight confidential. And that's just among the ones they managed to track down.

Cool. They were in a basement.

The Hilary material was properly marked. Didn't seem to matter for her.
You'd better go check your facts again.

A "very small number" (it was 3, like I said) emails marked classified. The rest were retroactively classified due to the content, meaning they contained classified information that was discussed between the participants but they were not marked at the time. This does not excuse the content, as someone read-in to access at these levels should know better, as Comey said:

Separately, it is important to say something about the marking of classified information. Only a very small number of the e-mails containing classified information bore markings indicating the presence of classified information. But even if information is not marked “classified” in an e-mail, participants who know or should know that the subject matter is classified are still obligated to protect it.

Again, I am not defending Hillary here - she was wrong - 100% wrong; she was negligent; she should have known better; she should never and will never hold public office again nor have access to classified information.

Like you, I am arguing for the same standard to be applied: investigate Trump, probably find no criminal wrongdoing (just like with Hillary), and that he never holds public office again.

If we threw every person in jail who mishandled classified information ("Lock her up" was a dumbass "movement"), probably 50% of people with clearances would be in prison, including me. Because Hillary and Trump are both privy to TONS of highly classified information, the likelihood that they're going to get it 100% right all the time is practically nil.

I truly do not see what's so hard to grasp here. It honestly doesn't matter which one is worse. They're both wrong. They're both negiligent. Neither should ever be trusted with classified information again, because that's what would happen to anyone else who did these kinds of things.

Condemn Hillary. Condemn Trump too.

Or shut the **** up.

So this take is wrong?

Yes, because unless he actually declassified it prior to taking it, and notified the proper authorities of that declassification (which there would be record of), he's just trying to cover his ass. He can't retroactively declassify stuff now.

If he had properly declassified it, the markings would be removed or stricken. And as I've mentioned several times, the likelihood that the President haphazardly declassifies SCI material properly is remote, at best, considering what SCI contains (e.g. intelligence gathering capabilities, sources, and source placement, etc.). For Trump to possess SCI that he single-handedly declassified would be really, really, really questionable. Either that or it was at least 25 years old.

What likely happened is they were cleaning out offices, threw everything into boxes to deal with later, and a bunch of stuff got thrown in together, no one bothered to check it.

ome types of classified information are specifically protected by law, including that pertaining to communications intelligence, identities of covert agents, and nuclear weapons design information. But the Espionage Act statutes that have been used to prosecute most leak cases (18 USC 793, 794) do not mention “classified information” at all. Rather, they apply to “national defense” information, an imprecise term that is not coextensive with “classified” information.
In the case of SCI (Sensitive Compartmentalized Information) or SAP (Special Access Programs), it's less about clearance and classification level, and more about "access". For example, I have a Top Secret clearance, had one for about 20 years. I rarely had access to TS material, and it was usually keying material (crypto). I had access to SCI information on three occasions in my career, and each time I was specifically "read-in" to the specific briefing. Even though I had TS clearance, and in two cases TS access at that time, the SCI was further controlled to the point that they recorded who specifically obtained that information at that specific time.

The most well known SAP stuff is your nuclear weapons programs. I haven't seen anything indicating he had SAP material, but he did have SCI which likely contains information about intelligence gathering capabilities and/or sources. For example, our capability to track the cell phone that belonged to OBL's courier and the location tracking information we were gathering from that cell phone would've been classified SCI at the time.

Trump having SCI material in his house is a big, big deal. I suspect that some low-level staffer will take the fall for it. Trump coming under criminal charges is an extremely remote possibility.

We actually do know that though. He had TS/SCI documents at Mar-a-Lago. That is wrong... If you can't understand that then I don't know what else to tell you.
We do not know for sure what he had there or if any such classifications were even accurate or applied to him as President and former President. We do know with certainty, however, that the FBI has proven it cannot be trusted.

It's funny how you can't possibly admit something Trump did was wrong and yet you jump at every chance to trash Hillary when she wasn't even charged with anything (notice I can still recognize what she did was wrong despite that).
It is not a matter of me "admitting", but holding judgement until the facts come out. I held judgement on the collusion charges against Trump when many public officials were gloating that they had him, and the NYT was receiving a Pulitzer for its Russian Collusion "coverage." Do you think I was right to hold judgement ?

You are right, HC was not charged with anything (raising clear questions about a double standard in the case of her private server, obviously). But Mook testified in court earlier this year that HC gave the ok on planting the fake Steele dossier, so I am choosing to believe what he said under oath. Do you believe him?

Sure he had the authority, but unlike you I'm not just going to take his word that he did it. Where is the record that says this?

If he had truly declassified them, then why the need to try and come up with all the other excuses??? The FBI planted the documents. Trump accidentally packed some things incorrectly because his departure was so rushed. Trump took work home with him and still has it 18 months later. Obama bad. Honestly what about that slew of excuses makes you think he legitimately declassified all of it lol. Come on.

We do not know for sure what he had there or if any such classifications were even accurate or applied to him as President and former President. We do know with certainty, however, that the FBI has proven it cannot be trusted.
There's a freaking inventory of what the FBI took but yeah you're right, we don't know for sure that he had them... o_O I'm surprised you haven't worn yourself out with all the mental gymnastics you're doing here.

There's a freaking inventory of what the FBI took but yeah you're right, we don't know for sure that he had them... o_O I'm surprised you haven't worn yourself out with all the mental gymnastics you're doing here.
Does it really require mental gymnastics for you to understand that the people who prepared the freaking inventory are the same people who conducted the FBI's Russian collusion hoax - not to mention various other corrupt operations.

No intelligent person would trust the FBI based on that shameful record, but yet you do?

Does it really require mental gymnastics for you to understand that the people who prepared the freaking inventory are the same people who conducted the FBI's Russian collusion hoax - not to mention various other corrupt operations.

No intelligent person would trust the FBI based on that shameful record, but yet you do?
But intelligent people trust serial liar Donald Trump? So we're back to my point way back on page 14 of this thread that it's crazy to me the lengths some of you go to in order to defend this man. And round and round we go...

But intelligent people trust serial liar Donald Trump? So we're back to my point way back on page 14 of this thread that it's crazy to me the lengths some of you go to in order to defend this man. And round and round we go...
World peace and a strong economy were a little too much for you? Our current president is a serial liar and proves it daily. Do you have as big of a problem with him?

World peace and a strong economy were a little too much for you? Our current president is a serial liar and proves it daily. Do you have as big of a problem with him?
Is the current president storing Top Secret documents at his non White House residence? Honestly, how many times do I have to go in circles with you people? You bring up the same stupid shit over and over and over.

Last edited:
I certainly don't trust him to always tell the truth, but given the massive Russian collusion scam perpetrated by the FBI, along with many other corrupt operations, I trust the FBI a lot less.

Do you trust the FBI?

I certainly don't trust him to always tell the truth, but given the massive Russian collusion scam perpetrated by the FBI, along with many other corrupt operations, I trust the FBI a lot less.

Do you trust the FBI?
More than Trump, absolutely. And you aren't changing my mind on that and I'm not changing yours so let's call it there.

Is the current president storing Top Secret documents at his non White House residence? Honestly, how many times do I have to go in circles with you people? You bring up the same stupid shit over and over and over.
Do we know he’s not? Does he even know he has a non White House residence? You’re getting upset again over hypotheticals. You do this over and over and over again.

More than Trump, absolutely. And you aren't changing my mind on that and I'm not changing yours so let's call it there.
Keep that mind closed and do not address the massive Russian collusion scam. You’re a loyal follower of the narrative so kudos to you for that.

He says while falling right in line with the lifelong grifter...
I’m not falling right in line with anyone. You people who hate and constantly talk about Trump fascinate me. His presidency was a net positive for the country if you’re capable of objective thinking. I know you’re not but I’m letting you know that as an objective thinker.

I’m not falling right in line with anyone. You people who hate and constantly talk about Trump fascinate me. His presidency was a net positive for the country if you’re capable of objective thinking. I know you’re not but I’m letting you know that as an objective thinker.
As I have said multiple times now, his presidency has nothing to do with this situation. You can't seem to separate the two. That's a you problem, not a me problem.

He got impeached for sending Giuliani over to investigate real Crimes.
You know why Joe refused the money promised to Ukraine until the prosecutor investigating
corruption, of a company Hunter was getting millions from, was dropped.

Russia has been involved in our elections since 1946.
How much money did Russians give Trump, the Clinton Foundation?
Come on man!

Where is the investigation on how China influenced the 2020 election?

He got impeached for sending Giuliani over to investigate real Crimes.
You know why Joe refused the money promised to Ukraine until the prosecutor investigating
corruption, of a company Hunter was getting millions from, was dropped.

Russia has been involved in our elections since 1946.
How much money did Russians give Trump, the Clinton Foundation?
Come on man!

Where is the investigation on how China influenced the 2020 election?
To be this ignorant about the facts is just willful at this point. You don't want to live in reality, the fabrication is more comfortable for you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT