ADVERTISEMENT

Trumps Florida Home Raided by the FBI

Oh, phew! You were dangerously close to suggesting that institutional knowledge of how the government functions might be valuable for a president! Glad we got that cleared up.
Anybody who thinks that after looking at 50-year insider Brandon's pathetic record is separated from reality.

I don't have a solution for picking better people to lead DOJ or the FBI. Do you?

I sure hope so. I really do. But then I look at who is running for office in the GOP. Election deniers and folks like MTG and Lauren Boebert running around screaming to defund the FBI or that it was a coup attempt against trump (MTG said the former and Boebert the latter, not that it matters given they’re just a blond and brunette version of the same dumbass). Herschel Walker in Georgia who honestly should be in a psych ward somewhere. And let’s not even talk about the mess that is Arizona on the GOP side. It’s some legit effed up stuff.

Common sense says there is zero way people like that should be in office. Common sense said the same thing in 2016. Yet here we are. And people believe it. Folks like riveting have absolutely zero interest in the truth. Like you said, it’s all about dear leader. Riveting is a goner. We just have to sincerely hope there are enough folks who are hovering around the center that say enough is enough.
I know. Unfortunately, I feel like an outlier being what I consider a centrist conservative. I think ten years ago if you had told me (under Obama) that I would find more like-minded folks amongst the liberals here than the conservatives, I would've laughed you out of the room.

But these Trump guys are absolutely ****ing nuts, with hypocrisy piled on hypocrisy layered over conspiracy, and they don't even recognize it because they are just parroting what the King of the Dipshits says on social media.

I am not just talking about the handling of classified information here. The Clinton’s’ can seemingly get away with murder and all other kinds of crimes, yet they are never taken to task by the federal government apparatus?
It's great that you think that, but is there any actual evidence besides hearsay, conspiracy, and coincidental links?

I 100% believe Hill destroyed the servers to cover her ass, so don't think I'm defending her here. At least she was smart enough to do that, unlike Trump, who was just caught red-handed with (likely) highly classified info in his private home. (I say likely because it's possible - though extremely unlikely in the case of the SCI stuff - it was declassified).

It's great that you think that, but is there any actual evidence besides hearsay, conspiracy, and coincidental links?

I 100% believe Hill destroyed the servers to cover her ass, so don't think I'm defending her here. At least she was smart enough to do that, unlike Trump, who was just caught red-handed with (likely) highly classified info in his private home. (I say likely because it's possible - though extremely unlikely in the case of the SCI stuff - it was declassified).
How is evidence brought forth if no attempt to collect it is made? I agree that neither the Clintons’ nor their lackies have had evidence brought against them. Why? No substantive attempt has ever been made by the governmental apparatus to do so even though there was some reason to believe an investigation was warranted. At least none that we are aware of.

even though there was some reason to believe an investigation was warranted.
Was there?

Or was it dark web deep State nonsense. Lots of coincidental stuff out there, should the FBI investigate all of it? That the Clintons know some dude who died in prison doesn’t mean they had anything to do with it.

Was there?

Or was it dark web deep State nonsense. Lots of coincidental stuff out there, should the FBI investigate all of it? That the Clintons know some dude who died in prison doesn’t mean they had anything to do with it.
James McDougal, Vince Foster, Ron Brown and 44 others were part of the Clinton’s orbit or worked in the Clinton administration. Basically all of them died under suspicious circumstances. At some point they cease to all be coincidences, no?

Anybody who thinks that after looking at 50-year insider Brandon's pathetic record is separated from reality.
So one person who happens to have institutional knowledge not performing to your standards means that institutional knowledge itself is a bad thing? Seems like quite the logical leap.

Also, I didn't say anything about Biden, so, once again you are deflecting by bringing him up. I was mostly just giving you hard time, though, rather than making a serious point.
I don't have a solution for picking better people to lead DOJ or the FBI. Do you?
Nope. But I was just pointing out that the agency that lots of Republicans are concerned is corrupt has been run by Republicans since 1972. Could mean nothing, but perhaps that correlation could also be a causal relationship. I'm sure neither you nor I have the capacity to determine whether or not that is the case, though.

Yes. They were both appointed titles Adviser to the President. The President is the Chief Executive of the country. If they are his advisers, they are privy to executive-level information... unless your assertion is that the Advisers to the President do not speak to the President.

Is that your assertion?
Why is it not believable that they never spoke to the President? Hunter traveled to China and the Ukraine with Joe. Hunter was enriched by dealings in both countries times close to his travel time with Dad. I believe Joe never talked to Hunter or his own brother about their business deals. Don't you?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: gr8indoorsman
James McDougal, Vince Foster, Ron Brown and 44 others were part of the Clinton’s orbit or worked in the Clinton administration. Basically all of them died under suspicious circumstances. At some point they cease to all be coincidences, no?
Is there any evidence? Not theories; not coincidental circumstances. Evidence?

In this country, you can't just investigate people because you feel like it. I know, that goes against what Donnie tells you to think! I am quite sure that a lot of people have looked at those circumstances and probably tried to find some sort of way to point the finger at the Clintons but not one person out of, say 50 million RWNJs has been able to do it in such a way that a court or other legal authority will order an investigation?

That should tell you everything you need to know.

Oh wait, I forgot, the entire other side is corrupt, and even most Republicans are corrupt, except Lord Donald. Yes. That's right. That's the most likely explanation - mass corruption on the part of thousands of people covered up so well that there's not one stinking piece of legit evidence or one person willing to come forward with The Truth!

Just like the 2020 election, right?

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Why is it not believable that tgey never spike to the President? Hunter traveled to China and the Ukraine with Joe. Hunter was enriched by dealings in both countries times close to his travel time with Dad. I believe Joe never talked to Hunter or his own brother about their business deals. Don't you?
I don't. But also, Biden never appointed his kids to any position in the White House, official or otherwise.

I don't know what he had there. How could I or how could you?

There were all kinds of reporting from news media across the spectrum, all pointing to Trump having classified materials at Mar-a-Lago seized by law enforcement. If your argument is valid and we just can't tell, then how do you know Hunter Biden is corrupt? You weren't there when he was breaking the law, were you?

But I am certain the FBI has a recent history of corruption. Aren't you?

So hypothetically, if the FBI raided Hunter Biden's home and found a sh!t load of evidence of him getting money from the Chinese government, HB must be innocent because the FBI has a history of corruption, right?

Dems take a lot of flak for double standards, and some are deserved. Republicans aren't immune though, and DeSantis is trying to leverage favor at the expense of whatever talking point he makes from being hypocritical, which unfortunately isn't all that uncommon in politics.

But with what's happening with Trump and the Republicans right now, when even Fox News is calling out both their guests and themselves for why they're capitulating the tenets of what they hold dear as a republic, all to defend 1 man who has done something indefensible, you really couldn't ask for a better example of it where it's all gone wrong for Republicans.

But these Trump guys are absolutely ****ing nuts, with hypocrisy piled on hypocrisy layered over conspiracy, and they don't even recognize it because they are just parroting what the King of the Dipshits says on social media.

As to hypocrisy, at this point the left, in general, takes the crown on it (but it has passed back and forth a few times over the years). It's the same party that can excuse Maxine Water's comments, but blame Trump for saying similar. It's the same party that screams about white right wing violence while ignoring violence from other races. It's the same party that doesn't know what a woman is but complains of the loss of women's rights. It's the same party that didn't bat an eye at Clinton's unauthorized email server and Obama's records disputes but now think Trump is some kind of spy. It's the same party that called BLM riots "fiery but mostly peaceful" and tolerated "autonomous zones" but calls a riot at the Capitol an "insurrection". It's the same party that claims "walls don't work" and then builds a wall around the Capitol to protect it from more "insurrectionists". It's the same party that supports "anti-racism" which amounts to little more than more racism. It's a party so concerned with "national security" that they've raided the former President's residence to retrieve sensitive documents, but they can't bother to stop anyone and everyone from pouring across the southern border.

At the very least, no one can claim anyone has a monopoly on hypocrisy.

Last edited:
Reactions: SKYDOG
Prediction (somewhat TIC)

1. They find something in this to convict Trump so he can’t run in 2024.
2. DeSantis wins in 24
3. DeSantis first act as President is to pardon Trump
4. Trump gets jealous and primaries DeSantis and wins
5. Trump loses in the general in 28.

Certainly not. But we are seeing it on display with the defenses of Trump flying around right now, for certain. And that's the problem - political discourse is no longer about condemning inappropriate behavior and performance wherever we see it. It's about "Whataboutism"?

I can condemn Trump and at the same time also condemn Hillary. See how that works? I can loathe President Trump, be glad I didn't vote for him either time (3rd party, Biden), and still think Biden isn't a very good President either. But I had my reasons for voting against Trump twice, and those reasons are ever more valid now, and I do not regret my votes one iota, even as I think many of the criticism against Biden are valid (some are just stupid, however.)

Politics shouldn't be a ****ing team sport. That's the problem.

Certainly not. But we are seeing it on display with the defenses of Trump flying around right now, for certain. And that's the problem - political discourse is no longer about condemning inappropriate behavior and performance wherever we see it. It's about "Whataboutism"?

I can condemn Trump and at the same time also condemn Hillary. See how that works? I can loathe President Trump, be glad I didn't vote for him either time (3rd party, Biden), and still think Biden isn't a very good President either. But I had my reasons for voting against Trump twice, and those reasons are ever more valid now, and I do not regret my votes one iota, even as I think many of the criticism against Biden are valid (some are just stupid, however.)

Agree. Plenty of stupid on both sides.

I wish we’d get back to arguing about whether we should have universal health care and what the tax rates should be instead of this stuff.

2. DeSantis wins in 24

Well I guess crazier things have happened. I know you mentioned "somewhat TIC" but I don't see even #2 playing out. IMO DeSantis just can't get the kind of national draw Trump did in 2016, which is likely what it will take for GOP. Lots can happen between now and then I guess. And you could probably look at it the other way that if Trump is off the ticket then maybe Dems won't feel compelled to vote. However, at the national level, the abortion issue alone I think will offset that.

2. DeSantis wins in 24
It's plausible... but Trump will be like 82 in 2028. FFS we need to get the hell away from 70+ presidential candidates. It's not ageist... cognitive decline is a thing. It'll be bad enough for him to run in 2024 as I'm sure he intends to, but I'm sure all the people making fun of Biden right now will just hand that away because TRUUUUUMMMMMP!

2. DeSantis wins in 24

I can see #1 happening.

For #3, what's DeSantis' incentive to pardon Trump though?

And for #5, will Trump still be alive in 2028? And still have the mental capacity to function?

Honestly, I am tired of people in their late 70s or 80s holding the top positions in the government. America has a lot of capable politicians. Something was seriously wrong when coming down to it, {Biden, Trump, Bernie} were the last three candidates to have a legit shot to win the Presidency in 2020. All of those guys were born in the 1940s. When we don't let pilots over 65 to fly overseas because it might put hundreds of people's lives at risk, yet somehow with 325M+ people, we let someone who's 80+ to run the country for 4 years, 24/7/365?

It's plausible... but Trump will be like 82 in 2028. FFS we need to get the hell away from 70+ presidential candidates. It's not ageist... cognitive decline is a thing. It'll be bad enough for him to run in 2024 as I'm sure he intends to, but I'm sure all the people making fun of Biden right now will just hand that away because TRUUUUUMMMMMP!

I can see #1 happening.

For #3, what's DeSantis' incentive to pardon Trump though?

And for #5, will Trump still be alive in 2028? And still have the mental capacity to function?

Honestly, I am tired of people in their late 70s or 80s holding the top positions in the government. America has a lot of capable politicians. Something was seriously wrong when coming down to it, {Biden, Trump, Bernie} were the last three candidates to have a legit shot to win the Presidency in 2020. All of those guys were born in the 1940s. When we don't let pilots over 65 to fly overseas because it might put hundreds of people's lives at risk, yet somehow with 325M+ people, we let someone who's 80+ to run the country for 4 years, 24/7/365?
Yeah, i was just goofing around. I completely agree … we need a new (and younger) set of options.

I can easily see any R president who might win 24 pardoning Trump if he does get convicted of anything. It will most likely be a campaign promise to get the MAGA vote.

Yeah, i was just goofing around. I completely agree … we need a new (and younger) set of options.

I can easily see any R president who might win 24 pardoning Trump if he does get convicted of anything. It will most likely be a campaign promise to get the MAGA vote.
Yeah, DeSantis is smart. Pardoning trump would help him going forward.

If DeSantis beats trump for the nomination in '24 it will be over the dead bodies of the hardcore trumpers. He'll want to get those people back. He will have certainly alienated them because, one way or another, he has to separate himself from trump to get the nomination. Trump will go after DeSantis hard if Ron challenges him.......
and the loyalists will follow.

It could really get ugly if it comes down to those two. Divide the party. Trump will say DeSantis wouldn't be anything without him and he's riding Trump's coattails etc. DeSantis will have to go after trump on something........but how does he do that without alienating half the voters?

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57

The whole discussion is about whataboutism, because that's mostly what it is - a double-standard. Politics has long been a "****ing team sport" but the right, generally, isn't as unified as the left. If there isn't a "team" then there is little chance at directing the policy of the country. I have voted 3rd party most of my adult life, so I can proudly say I did not ever vote for Bush or Obama and I don't regret my votes, either. Of course, those "none of the above" votes amounted to meaninglessness. Trump certainly commands a lot of loyalty from his constituency, which I presume is the "team" you (and many others) appear to dislike.

In summary, I think not having a level playing field ("whataboutism") in media (propaganda) and the apparatus of the Federal Government is what is exacerbating the "team sport" mentality. Without that, there is no real chance at having any meaningful impact on policy.

As to hypocrisy, at this point the left, in general, takes the crown on it (but it has passed back and forth a few times over the years). It's the same party that can excuse Maxine Water's comments, but blame Trump for saying similar. It's the same party that screams about right wing violence while ignoring violence from other races. It's the same party that doesn't know what a woman is but complains of the loss of women's rights. It's the same party that didn't bat an eye at Clinton's unauthorized email server and Obama's records disputes but now think Trump is some kind of spy. It's the same party that called BLM riots "fiery but mostly peaceful" and tolerated "autonomous zones" but calls a riot at the Capitol an "insurrection". It's the same party that claims "walls don't work" and then builds a wall around the Capitol to protect it from more "insurrectionists". It's the same party that supports "anti-racism" which amounts to little more than more racism. It's a party so concerned with "national security" that they've raided the former President's residence to retrieve sensitive documents, but they can't bother to stop anyone and everyone from pouring across the southern border.

Lots of dog whistles in this post. Good work...

Lots of dog whistles in this post. Good work...
I, for one, am tired of the Maxine Waters comparison.

She's a quack congresswoman from California who has about .0001% of the influence and the microphone that trump does......but she is raised to an equivalent level as trump when it comes to the whataboutism.

It's not even in the same universe......but all it takes one to make excuses for trump.

Thanks, I was striving for your approval. Your work could ...well, use some work... ;)
What's my work exactly? Calling you out for your right leaning talking points spun in some weird attempt to seem moderate? If I wanted to listen to OAN, I wouldn't go to gbi for it. I mean, at least try not to seem like just another conservative whack job lol.

Last edited:
The whole discussion is about whataboutism, because that's mostly what it is - a double-standard. Politics has long been a "****ing team sport" but the right, generally, isn't as unified as the left. If there isn't a "team" then there is little chance at directing the policy of the country. I have voted 3rd party most of my adult life, so I can proudly say I did not ever vote for Bush or Obama and I don't regret my votes, either. Of course, those "none of the above" votes amounted to meaninglessness. Trump certainly commands a lot of loyalty from his constituency, which I presume is the "team" you (and many others) appear to dislike.

In summary, I think not having a level playing field ("whataboutism") in media (propaganda) and the apparatus of the Federal Government is what is exacerbating the "team sport" mentality. Without that, there is no real chance at having any meaningful impact on policy.
No, it isn’t. Trump had possession of highly classified documents. Period.

He is, was, and ever shall be unfit for public office.

That is the discussion. Period. Nothing else.

No, it won't. Not in a cult.

298552224_5701035933240960_6024718766424416366_n.jpg
Do you have any idea how much this describes the left? Especially for someone like BNI when we show him the racist shit Biden says and he just goes "naw that aint racist". LMFAO!

Will be great to see how he handles his first potential criminal case without having the lackeys in Congress to bail him out.

Like I said a few days ago he is more dumb than he is dangerous. He really doesn’t get what he did was criminal.
So if he's so dumb how has he not been convicted of any crime before or after being Prilinesident? He didn't get stupid suddenly. According to the prevailing anti Trump crowd he is the dumbest person ever and the yet no convictions.

So if he's so dumb how has he not been convicted of any crime before or after being Prilinesident? He didn't get stupid suddenly. According to the prevailing anti Trump crowd he is the dumbest person ever and the yet no convictions.
Even though he can’t read he is smart enough to use his con man skills to swoon the undereducated and/or under informed folks. Those of which make up his 30% or so base. A very small percentage of that atoll think he is president. People fooling with this con man have died, committed insurrection crimes, jailed for other crimes, and now shooting up the FBI building.

• Haha
Even though he can’t read he is smart enough to use his con man skills to swoon the undereducated and/or under informed folks. Those of which make up his 30% or so base. A very small percentage of that atoll think he is president. People fooling with this con man have died, committed insurrection crimes, jailed for other crimes, and now shooting up the FBI building.
Even though he can’t read? You’re the one that can’t read, remember? A great economy and world peace was quite the con, wasn’t it dummy?

You are barely literate yourself so I wouldn't be throwing stones at glass houses.

You aint black if you don't vote for me.

Every time you use, “insurrection”, everyone’s IQ drops by 10 points. You’re making us all dumber.
And if becoming a billionaire, President of the United States, and highly successful businessman with a brand recognized around the globe (prior to ever entering into politics) is your definition of stupid, dumb, or illiterate, then sign a brother up.

Every time you use, “insurrection”, everyone’s IQ drops by 10 points. You’re making us all dumber.
And if becoming a billionaire, President of the United States, and highly successful businessman with a brand recognized around the globe (prior to ever entering into politics) is your definition of stupid, dumb, or illiterate, then sign a brother up.
You realize at a billion BNI is starting to take his shoes off to count right?

No, it isn’t. Trump had possession of highly classified documents. Period.

He is, was, and ever shall be unfit for public office.

That is the discussion. Period. Nothing else.
Apparently it's not the whole discussion, because we are here discussing it.

As to the part of the discussion about the double-standards, I've made myself clear that I find it apparent. As to the classified/top secret/compartmentalized information, yes I agree, it is damning for Trump. Maybe he is unfit for office but handling of secret documents didn't stop others from running (and even winning a majority of the popular vote).

Reactions: Riveting-

2. DeSantis wins in 24
If Trump doesn't run/win in 24 he won't be considered in 28. If you think Biden is already too old he's youthful compared to where Trump will be in 28.

What's my work exactly? Calling you out for your right leaning talking points spun in some weird attempt to seem moderate? If I wanted to listen to OAN, I wouldn't go to gbi for it. I mean, at least try not to seem like just another conservative whack job lol.

It was your choice of words, not mine. Your dismissal of my complaints of double standards as mere "dog whistles" is quite MSNBC-esque, as well. You're right, though, I don't come here to hate on Purdue grads, especially fellow former Cary Quad residents.

I apologize for calling them, insurrectionists. My bad. Please forgive me. A better choice of words would have been, tourists. I should have known that tourists are the ones who beat the crap out of the police, cause millions of dollars in damage to the Capitol, spread feces on the walls, etc. I also realize now that tourists are the ones who tried to prevent the VP of the US certify the 2020 election because of the lie that the 2020 election was stolen.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT