ADVERTISEMENT

The Economist re: Biden

Can you not see good discussion was occurring between Dems and GOP in this thread before you came in and derailed it? You are the kind of Democrat that makes other Democrats not want to vote Democrat.
The suggestion that a poster made regarding the opportunity of having Congress "subject Biden to a hearing" was one devoid of reality. Under what auspices would this "hearing" take place, JDB ?? Which committee(s) of either the House or Senate would have jurisdiction in this matter ? The House "Curiosity" Committee ? In what way was the post inappropriate ?
I'm a registered Independent , and have raised money for a Republican House of Representatives candidate on two separate occasions. I worked with one of the Indiana State Senate GOP liaisons to the Governor's Office, in Indiana, for over 11 years. If asked, I would be happy to explain to you, personally, my high level of regard for dozens upon dozens of GOP officeholders, Cabinet members, ambassadors, and prominent media members over the last several decades.
If this post was a "derailer", then I must admit that I've seen another 1,000 derailers on this board in the last several months. Many of which containing everything but a challenge for a duel at dawn.
If you so choose to vote Republican in the next election, I would hope that your reasons transcend the opinions expressed by an individual poster on the General Discussion Forum.

OoooooKaaaay, then....
Congress shall subject Biden to a "hearing" to hear an accuser's story. (Completely out of the realm of what Congress' responsibilities entail)
We will THEN line up the Trump accusers - around the block - for the same purpose ??
We all SET ??
Why so. The FBI started an investigation into bogus Russian collusion with candidate Trump, based on falsified FISA information.
Do civil rights only apply to Democrats?
Is it precedented? No. But to say Congress can’t do it is not accurate.
Obviously Congress and the FBI can do whatever they want. At least under a Democratic adm.

Why so. The FBI started an investigation into bogus Russian collusion with candidate Trump, based on falsified FISA information.
Do civil rights only apply to Democrats?
Is it precedented? No. But to say Congress can’t do it is not accurate.
Obviously Congress and the FBI can do whatever they want. At least under a Democratic adm.
No, sorry but NO.
Congress can't " do anything they want" . A woman claimed that twenty-seven years ago, way past the Statute of Limitations, a (now) private citizen, Joe Biden, did something illegal to her.
Under what Congressional authority could Biden be investigated for this accusation ??
This kind of matter obviously hasn't any relevance whatsoever to the FBI/FISA/Russia case, that you mentioned. NONE. And what the hell does it have to do with the concept of "civil rights" ??
An FBI investigation would include what connection to FEDERAL law, in this matter ??

Back to you.

No, sorry but NO.
Congress can't " do anything they want" . A woman claimed that twenty-seven years ago, way past the Statute of Limitations, a (now) private citizen, Joe Biden, did something illegal to her.
Under what Congressional authority could Biden be investigated for this accusation ??
This kind of matter obviously hasn't any relevance whatsoever to the FBI/FISA/Russia case, that you mentioned. NONE. And what the hell does it have to do with the concept of "civil rights" ??
An FBI investigation would include what connection to FEDERAL law, in this matter ??

Back to you.

I guess it depends on who is in the oval office.
The POTUS is head of the FBI.
Didn't Congress run Kavanaugh through the ringer. Baseless allegations preside, statue of limitations be damned.
They can deny a candidate his personal liberties if he is on the GOP ticket or a conservative.
He can't be touched if he is on the DNC ticket.

Reactions: TwinDegrees2
I guess it depends on who is in the oval office.
The POTUS is head of the FBI.
Didn't Congress run Kavanaugh through the ringer. Baseless allegations preside, statue of limitations be damned.
They can deny a candidate his personal liberties if he is on the GOP ticket or a conservative.
He can't be touched if he is on the DNC ticket.
1) Obviously the FBI is part of the Department of Justice, which is part of the Executive Branch. That doesn't give the FBI the right to open an investigation on ANYTHING THEY CHOOSE for Christ's sake !!!
....you DO know this,don't you ??
2) Kavanaugh was undergoing his US SENATE CONFIRMATION HEARING.....REMEMBER ?? THAT'S a constitutional procedure in place for over 200 years. Questions on the part of the Senate Judiciary Committee are not restricted, in any way, from including those of a personal nature like Kavanaugh was subjected to.

Just because you happen to resent the manner in which Mr. Kavanaugh was treated by Democratic members of that Committee, and just because you think that a similar treatment ought to be accorded V. Pres. Biden by Republicans, DOES NOT CHANGE THE LEGAL STANDINGS OF THE TWO SITUATIONS ! Substantially different, as you should be able to discern.

Sorry.

Last edited:
Reactions: indy35
1) Obviously the FBI is part of the Department of Justice, which is part of the Executive Branch. That doesn't give the FBI the right to open an investigation on ANYTHING THEY CHOOSE for Christ's sake !!!
....you DO know this,don't you ??
2) Kavanaugh was undergoing his US SENATE CONFIRMATION HEARING.....REMEMBER ?? THAT'S a constitutional procedure in place for over 200 years. Questions on the part of the Senate Judiciary Committee are not restricted, in any way, from including those of a personal nature like Kavanaugh was subjected to.

Just because you happen to resent the manner in which Mr. Kavanaugh was treated by Democratic members of that Committee, and just because you think that a similar treatment ought to be accorded V. Pres. Biden by Republicans, DOES NOT CHANGE THE LEGAL STANDINGS OF THE TWO SITUATIONS ! Substantially different, as you should be able to discern.

Sorry.

I didn't suggest that Biden or anyone for that matter, should be subject to what Kavanaugh was or Trump was during the exhausting impeachment hearings.
Think about this for a minute and try to reinforce your idea that the media isn't biased.

I know that Biden has been accused of some form of sexual assault. No details have been broadcast by the media. At least none that I know of.
So I don' t have a clue of what he is accused of.

On the other hand when Kavanaugh was accused of sexual assault, we were made aware of the exact time, place, accusation, number of persons involved and WHAT COLOR CUP he was holding before his suggested crime.
None of this turned out to be true because persons refuted all the accusations.

So there is an obvious bias by the press, liberally controlled and an advocate for all things Liberal, and IMO by Congress in how similar situations are being handled.

Reactions: TwinDegrees2
Enemy of the people. Deranged and disgusting human beings.
October, 2019. Offensive, inexcusable headline in the OBITUARY section of the Wash. Post. Was quickly changed.
THE editorial board of that paper did not choose that headline. The fact that it passed SOME level of editorial review before going to press is damning, of course.
But in ascribing a permanent "deranged and disgusting" tag to the publication, along with the Trumpian "Enemy of the People" crap, is something that you need to do, but the real world does not.

Reactions: indy35
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT