ADVERTISEMENT

The Economist re: Biden

atlboiler2156

All-American
Dec 4, 2013
“Democrats who thought Brett Kavanaugh should not be on the Supreme Court are ignoring Mr. Biden’s accuser.”

Democrats + the Democrat Party press are still weirdly silent on this. Why?

Reactions: indyogb and herrli
I think we all know the answer to this one.
Yep. And the Democrat Party press mouth breathers who say “all the people from Fox News need to go lick some hand railings” won’t say a word about their heroes in the media not even asking a question about this accusation. Anything to protect one of their own all while not even acknowledging something as serious as sexual assault. How sad.

Yep. And the Democrat Party press mouth breathers who say “all the people from Fox News need to go lick some hand railings” won’t say a word about their heroes in the media not even asking a question about this accusation. Anything to protect one of their own all while not even acknowledging something as serious as sexual assault. How sad.
“Come on man, I heard you liked me!”

That’s so Biden.

IMO what was worse were the Dems, NBC and others in the media covering for Harvey W over the years

IMO what was worse were the Dems, NBC and others in the media covering for Harvey W over the years
Without a doubt. Remember when you were asked if you were “high” when you mentioned Democrats being aligned with the ultra rich? Hollywood sure seems to be ultra rich and close friends with a lot of Democrats.

Reactions: BSIT
Without a doubt. Remember when you were asked if you were “high” when you mentioned Democrats being aligned with the ultra rich? Hollywood sure seems to be ultra rich and close friends with a lot of Democrats.
Lol you’re right

Your 8th post about: where is the Democratic response to the Biden accusation.
It obviously has to come before too long. Why the anxiety ? Relax.
Little disappointed in the Democrats reaction time. They had Kavanaugh and Trump disqualified and Impeached before the hearings started. They must be taking Trump’s Social Distancing directive seriously by hunkering down in their homes. Tic

Good work as always. Leave no thread untouched and make sure you settle the score.
Oh, I'M SORRY, ay-tee-el !!
We keep FORGETTING !!
Run everything by YOU before posting. YOU'RE the "score-settler" around here.....and let nobody forget it !!
YESSUH, MISTUH AY-TEE-EL, SUH..!

Oh, I'M SORRY, ay-tee-el !!
We keep FORGETTING !!
Run everything by YOU before posting. YOU'RE the "score-settler" around here.....and let nobody forget it !!
YESSUH, MISTUH AY-TEE-EL, SUH..!
Just doing your job as traffic cop. No apology needed.

Reactions: herrli
Wow! I can’t wait for some of the die hard Libs to give us their well schooled responses to this discussion. It will be something like “ but, but, but, Trump and Kavanaugh really did it!”

Wow! I can’t wait for some of the die hard Libs to give us their well schooled responses to this discussion. It will be something like “ but, but, but, Trump and Kavanaugh really did it!”
What is so hard about this Bruce?
Reade: Obviously Lying
Blasey-Ford: Obviously Not Lying

Done and done. Now be on your way.

I'm anything but a "die-hard lib" , but my response, at this moment, to this discussion would be,

Where's atl's TENTH post entreaty for an explanation as to "what's taking so long in getting an official response to the (Biden) accusation ? "

I'm anything but a "die-hard lib" , but my response, at this moment, to this discussion would be,

Where's atl's TENTH post entreaty for an explanation as to "what's taking so long in getting an official response to the (Biden) accusation ? "
Never asked for an “official response” to anything. Was just wondering when any “journalist” in the Democrat Party press would even utter Tara Reade’s name. I kept it easy and informal for the journos.

A sexual assault accusation against anybody is serious and should be taken seriously. I think we can agree on that. “Journalists” aren’t doing their jobs if they’re not at least asking questions about Biden’s accuser.

But it surprises nobody. They’re not journalists, they’re left wing activists looking to protect Biden. No giant secret there.

Never asked for an “official response” to anything. Was just wondering when any “journalist” in the Democrat Party press would even utter Tara Reade’s name. I kept it easy and informal for the journos.

A sexual assault accusation against anybody is serious and should be taken seriously. I think we can agree on that. “Journalists” aren’t doing their jobs if they’re not at least asking questions about Biden’s accuser.

But it surprises nobody. They’re not journalists, they’re left wing activists looking to protect Biden. No giant secret there.
Since the 27 yr. old incident's accuser has hardly made herself available to the Press, lately , there hasn't been much of anything for "Journos" to write, be they identified with the left OR right.
We all figured if there were ANY recent stories relating to updates on this, someone like you would have tracked them down by now. March 30 is the last time the Washington Times reported, and that was to simply pass along the official denial of the Biden campaign. It doesn't take an "activist" to do that.

Since the 27 yr. old incident's accuser has hardly made herself available to the Press, lately , there hasn't been much of anything for "Journos" to write, be they identified with the left OR right.
We all figured if there were ANY recent stories relating to updates on this, someone like you would have tracked them down by now. March 30 is the last time the Washington Times reported, and that was to simply pass along the official denial of the Biden campaign. It doesn't take an "activist" to do that.
You don't find it peculiar at all that not one Democrat Party press member from NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, Washington Post, or New York Times have tried to get ahold of the "27 yr. old incident's accuser" about any of this? Oh, I'm sure it's because she has "hardly made herself available to the Press." Wow.

Are you too crazy to see what's going on here and why are you making excuses for these people?

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-h...den-of-sexual-assault-and-few-liberals-listen

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...ns-for-ignoring-joe-bidens-accuser-tara-reade

https://prospect.org/politics/perils-of-ignoring-tara-reade-sexual-assault-claim-biden/

So obviously most know and understand that I am a Democrat and rather progressive at that on most of the issues. If the accusation against Biden is true then by all means he should step down. In fact I would welcome that given I think Cuomo would beat Trump hands down in a national election given how well Cuomo has been perceived to have handled NY's response to the pandemic. Cuomo is well spoken, progressive enough for those who stand by Biden, and rational enough to rally moderate Dem voters.

My question for those opposite me: If Biden's accuser is telling the truth, should that disqualify Biden from remaining in the race? If so, shouldn't then Trump be excused from office (given the volume of accusations against him) and Kavanaugh removed from the bench (of which I think they should be but without evidence to a crime being committed...there isn't leg to stand on anywhere other than the court of opinion).

Reactions: atlboiler2156
So obviously most know and understand that I am a Democrat and rather progressive at that on most of the issues. If the accusation against Biden is true then by all means he should step down. In fact I would welcome that given I think Cuomo would beat Trump hands down in a national election given how well Cuomo has been perceived to have handled NY's response to the pandemic. Cuomo is well spoken, progressive enough for those who stand by Biden, and rational enough to rally moderate Dem voters.

My question for those opposite me: If Biden's accuser is telling the truth, should that disqualify Biden from remaining in the race? If so, shouldn't then Trump be excused from office (given the volume of accusations against him) and Kavanaugh removed from the bench (of which I think they should be but without evidence to a crime being committed...there isn't leg to stand on anywhere other than the court of opinion).
In all fairness, I’m not sure we’re at that stage yet in regards to disqualifying Biden. An opinion at this point is impossible to form without more information.

IMO, the biggest issue is the lack of any recognition that could create some sort of “investigation” so we could learn more.

No idea if Joe did it. No idea if the accuser is being truthful or has any credibility. I’m simply wanting more information and feel that it’s being ignored (on purpose) which isn’t fair to anybody.

Last edited:
is telling the truth, should that disqualify Biden from remaining in the race? If so, shouldn't then Trump be excused from office (given the volume of accusations against him) and Kavanaugh removed from the bench (of which I think they should be but without evidence to a crime being committed...there isn't leg to stand on anywhere other than the court of opinion).

I don't think anybody has suggested Biden be disqualified from the race based on allegations from 25 years ago. All some are asking for is fairness in reporting from mainstream media.

When multiple females accuse Bill Clinton of rape. The mainstream media not only ignores them, they attack the accusers. The mainstream media is ignoring this allegation on Biden.

Now contrast that to the mainstream media coverage of Kavanaugh and Trump.

I don't think anybody has suggested Biden be disqualified from the race based on allegations from 25 years ago. All some are asking for is fairness in reporting from mainstream media.

When multiple females accuse Bill Clinton of rape. The mainstream media not only ignores them, they attack the accusers. The mainstream media is ignoring this allegation on Biden.

Now contrast that to the mainstream media coverage of Kavanaugh and Trump.
Game, set, match! Can’t debate this one.

Reactions: atlboiler2156
You don't find it peculiar at all that not one Democrat Party press member from NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, Washington Post, or New York Times have tried to get ahold of the "27 yr. old incident's accuser" about any of this? Oh, I'm sure it's because she has "hardly made herself available to the Press." Wow.

Are you too crazy to see what's going on here and why are you making excuses for these people?

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-h...den-of-sexual-assault-and-few-liberals-listen

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...ns-for-ignoring-joe-bidens-accuser-tara-reade

https://prospect.org/politics/perils-of-ignoring-tara-reade-sexual-assault-claim-biden/
Naw, a-t-l..... I'm not too crazy to see "what's going on here "....
Just AMAZED that YOU among all of the members of the Nation's press corps, KNOW how "peculiar" it is that no one has even TRIED to get a hold of the woman involved in the accusation. Since when are members of the Press designated BY POLITICAL PARTY ?? They're identified by the organization(s) that they work for, if any, not by their political Party Registration, for God's sake.
If this woman HAD been recently been making herself available to the Press....do you surmise that NOBODY would have had a follow-up story by now ??

Wow.

Naw, a-t-l..... I'm not too crazy to see "what's going on here "....
Just AMAZED that YOU among all of the members of the Nation's press corps, KNOW how "peculiar" it is that no one has even TRIED to get a hold of the woman involved in the accusation. Since when are members of the Press designated BY POLITICAL PARTY ?? They're identified by the organization(s) that they work for, if any, not by their political Party Registration, for God's sake.
If this woman HAD been recently been making herself available to the Press....do you surmise that NOBODY would have had a follow-up story by now ??

Wow.
Right over your head.

And you first have to have a “story” to then create a “follow-up story.” There’s no initial story because the Democrat Party press isn’t recognizing or pursuing the story. That’s the problem you see zero issue with and are making excuses in the meantime.

Right over your head.

And you first have to have a “story” to then create a “follow-up story.” There’s no initial story because the Democrat Party press isn’t recognizing or pursuing the story. That’s the problem you see zero issue with and are making excuses in the meantime.
Really ?
I must have missed the Democratic Party's DECLARATION that they're not "recognizing" the accusation !
Jesus.
After the denial by the Biden campaign of the charge......what's keeping the perpetually foaming-at-the- mouth Right Wing media from 24-7ing this story ?? Use a search engine and find ANY news of a FOLLOW-UP after Biden's denial of wrongdoing !! Coronavirus or not....the Right-Wing Press is apparently just waiting for the next piece of information....
Why don't you take your cue from THEM, rather than picking on poor message board visitors to alleviate your terminal anxiety about this ??

Game, set, match! Can’t debate this one.
You haven't won a POINT, yet....let alone a game, set, or match.
You're going to have to wait for further details and actions on this story. I'm afraid.
Battles over the Kavavaugh/Trump accusations resulted in fire being taken by BOTH SIDES, as you well know.

[QUOTE="My question for those opposite me: If Biden's accuser is telling the truth, should that disqualify Biden from remaining in the race? If so, shouldn't then Trump be excused from office (given the volume of accusations against him) and Kavanaugh removed from the bench (of which I think they should be but without evidence to a crime being committed...there isn't leg to stand on anywhere other than the court of opinion).[/QUOTE]

That's the BIG question.
Maybe Congress should subject Biden to a hearing, bring the accuser forward to hear her story and determine the truth.
I wonder if Joe's HS year book can be found?

That's the BIG question.
Maybe Congress should subject Biden to a hearing, bring the accuser forward to hear her story and determine the truth.
I wonder if Joe's HS year book can be found?

OoooooKaaaay, then....
Congress shall subject Biden to a "hearing" to hear an accuser's story. (Completely out of the realm of what Congress' responsibilities entail)
We will THEN line up the Trump accusers - around the block - for the same purpose ??
We all SET ??

OoooooKaaaay, then....
Congress shall subject Biden to a "hearing" to hear an accuser's story. (Completely out of the realm of what Congress' responsibilities entail)
We will THEN line up the Trump accusers - around the block - for the same purpose ??
We all SET ??
Can you not see good discussion was occurring between Dems and GOP in this thread before you came in and derailed it? You are the kind of Democrat that makes other Democrats not want to vote Democrat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT