ADVERTISEMENT

Sweet Sixteen: Purdue vs. Texas Tech: Stats, Predictions, and Game Thread

So what do you think Painter could have done??? This was won and lost on the Court.
He could have tried something to settle down his team. They clearly weren’t running the offenses they usually run. Coaches make adjustments and reel in their team. He didn’t adjust.

Tell me what isn't or wasn't true? I know Haas being out hurts but to say we would win is speculation. We have won 30 games, and we lost Haas but we knew we were playing a on ball pressure defense. What did we do to adjust? We didn't lay more off ball screens, we didn't get into sets. Instead we had our worst TO game all year long. Haas wouldn't have made our Guards not turn the ball over as much.
Never said we'd have won it with Haas. Just said he would have made them change their game. And his presence would have made it a totally different game for the guards and would have opened the floor up for them. TT is one hell of a good basketball team.

Never said we'd have won it with Haas. Just said he would have made them change their game. And his presence would have made it a totally different game for the guards and would have opened the floor up for them. TT is one hell of a good basketball team.
I agree TT is good but I hate knowing our ceiling every year is a Sweet 16. Why do you think every time tournament comes around everyone thinks we aren't a legit contender. What's next year hold for us? We have to figure something out because in 13 years nothing has changed.

Well guys it has been fun this year! I have enjoyed it. The Haas injury was just too much to overcome. Unfortunately, we have to play the game of what if again.

Just frustrated like everyone else of when we will get over the hump to the Final Four. However, if the Cubs could overcome the curse, we will eventually too.

A couple thoughts:

1: Couldn’t afford a bad game from Mathias and this was a copy/paste of last years S16 for him. He seemed to really struggle in big games to be consistent.
2: TT is good defensively but half of the TO’s were just horrible decisions or just flat out bad. You can’t turn the ball over 17 times and expect to win.
3: Purdue’s biggest issue on offense was allowing a team to dictate where they would initiate offense. TT, like many other teams before, pushed Purdue further from the arc and it threw Purdue in to timing issues. Purdue has to get more physical on the offensive end. Nojel and Carsen are really the only two who don’t allow that to happen frequently.
4: I am not upset at all because it appears this appears who this team is and would always be. Yes they accomplished some great things BUT you can’t be mad or upset about a person or a team not being something they simply couldn’t be. Allow me to explain: This senior class just never really won a ‘big game,’ imo. This is going off the top of my head but maybe the early season tourney championship or possibly the first win in the Crossroads last year? In the really big games I can’t think of a Purdue victory: Duke, Villanova, BTT Championship against UM, S16 against Kansas, S16 against TT, @ Louisville 16-17, BTT Championship against MSU 15-16. They just couldn’t ever seem to get that one significant win to get them over the hump and inevitably I believe that is why they looked like they just didn’t quite have enough against TT.

Love that these four seniors represented my university so well and gave me so many evenings and afternoons to look forward to. I wish them nothing but the absolute best!

Well guys it has been fun this year! I have enjoyed it. The Haas injury was just too much to overcome. Unfortunately, we have to play the game of what if again.

Just frustrated like everyone else of when we will get over the hump to the Final Four. However, if the Cubs could overcome the curse, we will eventually too.
You are a great American who understands. Amid the frustrations, there was hope. But no Haas. The Basketball Gods decided it was not to be, but someday it will.

Reactions: boiler-deuce
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT