ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue v. Penn State Game Thread

Purdue Grad in Texas

All-American
Mar 22, 2010
The Boilers hit the road this evening to take on the Nittany Lions in the Bryce Jordan Center, a venue where Purdue has traditionally had some difficulties getting its offense going. CMP-coached teams are 6-4 when travelling to Penn State. Purdue is on a 5-game winning streak (and eight of the last nine) and after some early conference stumbles, has climbed back into a tie for first place with Wisconsin.

Purdue looks to keep rolling, but don't expect things to go as well as the first contest, which the Boilers dominated 77-52 back in January at Mackey Arena.

This is a classic trap game as surging Michigan awaits the Boilers this weekend in Ann Arbor followed with the last remaining home game against Indiana and the season finale at Northwestern.

During Purdue's five-game winning streak, only Maryland (72) has scored more than 64 points against the Boilermakers, and only Michigan State (42.4 percent) has shot better than 39.7 percent against Purdue.

Here's some thoughts from CMP:

"We're winning some grind-it-out games, and that is a good thing for our team when we are not shooting the ball particularly well. I also think that from a defensive standpoint, this is the best we have been playing."

Can't take any team lightly, and Penn State has already knocked off Minnesota and Maryland at home this season....I'd like to see the Boilers continue to stay balanced, cut down on the turnovers, and keep improving on the defensive end. I expect this will be another grind-it-out game, and if the Boilers stay disciplined, I like their chances.

Boiler up, my friends.

0ef3b29be4aa0725f0ab597a00daf862.jpg

pennstatenittanylions.jpg

Nice write up Tex. Classic trap game for sure, against a team who has the talent to do it. BTFU!!!

Well, that was some real crappy defense to start out the game. Wake the F up! The guards are cold-shooting once again. Put VE back in and tell him to stop passing the damn ball and be aggressive!

this is just one of those nuts games so far...........keep your head Boilers, chip away

Came out like all we had to do was show up. Unfortunately, we haven't woken up yet. Could be a long night if we don't start playing with a purpose.

Reactions: nagemj02
So far, PSU wants it more (getting to more 50-50 balls) and PU is not playing real smart (Vince, what the he!!? there's two guys shading Swanigan: why are you trying to force it into him when there's two guys covering him?) Guards and Vince need to step up and make plays and shots!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT