ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue v. Ohio State Game Thread

Comeback kids again!!
I thought in the beginning of this thread that Jaden might be the difference knowing the perimeter pressure that OSU in this game. I figured Jaden driving would be valuable and like Holtmann didn't think he would hit his percentage this game on the 3ball. But we were both wrong and I'm happy about it.

Tre not blocking out on the missed ft that ahrens hit a 3 should have sealed the deal for OSU

I thought in the beginning of this thread that Jaden might be the difference knowing the perimeter pressure that OSU in this game. I figured Jaden driving would be valuable and like Holtmann didn't think he would hit his percentage this game on the 3ball. But we were both wrong and I'm happy about it.

Tre not blocking out on the missed ft that ahrens hit a 3 should have sealed the deal for OSU

Candidly, TJ, I thought that might have been the back-breaker. Credit the Boilers, because Ohio State only scored one point (on the FT at the end) after that play. Some solid defense and scored when they had to avoiding the have-to-foul scenario.

5-20 TJ....only three turnovers second half, and Big Tre and Sasha dealt the body blows for Jaden Ivey to finish them. Aaron Wheeler had some un-sung plays......another great team win.
I erupted when tre didn't block out. What a win..
Not sure Brandon scored

Someone repost the shot of Ivey taking shots 10 minutes after the Penn St game. Wasn’t that exactly where he shot this one?
No that was close to four hours away. I'm sure he shot all around the arc

Reactions: PU pit bull
Candidly, TJ, I thought that might have been the back-breaker. Credit the Boilers, because Ohio State only scored one point (on the FT at the end) after that play. Some solid defense and scored when they had to avoiding the have-to-foul scenario.
These are YOUNG guys with the grind already giving it all and playing hard. Just got to get a little smarter. Did we remember that Zach held court for a long time with Tre out? People will talk about the 3 ball Jaden hit, but it was the action inside the arc that was teh difference for Purdue and getting into bonus with 10:12 is an advantage when you are behind to slow that clock and know every foul you are shooting. Does anyone recall how Sasha never drove his first 1 1/2 years? Well, he was huge in this game and shows his growth. Lou, if you read any of this...proud of Sasha's growth!

And fouled at least a few times but no call
That is his game...good size...good quickness...good body control...great around the rim. You could see that a year ago in his videos. If he makes as much growth in shooting the ball as Sasha has in driving the ball...he might have it all!

Prior to this game O$U was +2 in the series. They are now +1 and I like the chances of Purdue as positive in the next season or two.
For many, many years after I graduated Purdue could boast having a winning advantage over every team in the big. That changed when Matta got at OSU and built that up with some great recruits after stealing two from Indy. ;) Holtmann is solid...won't fault him as a coach and it will be tough, BUT Purdue is also improving in talent as well... ;)

Reactions: Schnelk
VICTORY again for the BOILERS! Wow.....oh my......helluva win.....not good for the blood pressure and heartbeat, but I don't care one damn bit. Hell yes.....train is coming!!!

Yes, you are Poissoned by Ivey, that is all!!
The new Poisson ivey!!

Wow! I couldn't believe how calm CMP looked throughout the game. I guess he knows something we don't but are in the process of finding out! Wooohooo!!! Good night Boilers!

Every time the call came, Painter picked up that towel and crunched it before placing it back on the table.
I could see his whitened knuckle, Ha!

And it was nice to see Sasha come off those 3 point screens and drive to the basket...I'm not sure why he hasn't done that more with every team playing him to shoot

Sasha had a quite a bit of practive at it.
The board was not fond of how that evolved.
But hey, this is the time for dividends!

Boiler Up!!

Reactions: Zaphod_B
For many, many years after I graduated Purdue could boast having a winning advantage over every team in the big. That changed when Matta got at OSU and built that up with some great recruits after stealing two from Indy. ;) Holtmann is solid...won't fault him as a coach and it will be tough, BUT Purdue is also improving in talent as well... ;)

Purdue's won seven of the last 10; that's after ending a six-game losing streak that was part of a 24-6 edge Ohio State had from '99 - '15. At one point, Purdue had a decent edge in the series, but then as others have pointed out during the latter stages of Coach Keady's tenure and when Matta took over, wins for the Boilers were a scarce commodity. Nice to see that turning around some.

As I've stated a few times.....for this native of the Buckeye State (with some family that are diehards), it's ALWAYS a good day when Purdue can knock off Ohio State.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT