ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue v. Ohio State Game Thread

Purdue Grad in Texas

All-American
Mar 22, 2010
Well Ladies and Gentleman, here we are again....another week, and another tough road game for the Boilers against a ranked opponent. This time, Purdue travels to Columbus for the re-match with #15-Ohio State in an early evening contest.....scheduled tip coming up @ 6:30 (Eastern time) on Big Ten Network. This game was moved up from the originally scheduled date of January 27 due to some of the recent postponements.

These two teams faced off against each other in mid-December with Purdue prevailing 67-60 in a hard-fought contest, led by Trevion Williams' 16/9/8 effort. Ohio State played without starting forward E.J. Liddell, who is second in scoring for Ohio State and leads them in rebounds and blocks. He's coming off a terrific game at Illinois last Saturday, when he had 26 points and 7 rebounds, so the Boilers will need to keep him in check, and he also has the ability to score from the perimeter. Duane Washington is also very capable in the backcourt, but CJ Walker will be out again due to a ligament injury in his right, non-shooting, hand. Walker has missed the last three games for the Buckeyes.

Both teams are 5-3 in conference (tied with Illinois for fourth) and have won three straight. Purdue will need to play its best game of the season, IMO, to come out with a victory this evening, and I think the game plan doesn't change too much. Value the possessions, limit extra possessions.....work the inside advantage and knock down the good shots. One good sign for the Boilers as it looks like Eric Hunter, Jr, has worked out of his slump for the most part, and I expect him to have a good game.....he'll need to for the Boilers to have success. This game may come down to who has the better/more impactful game between Trevion Williams and EJ Liddell. If the Boilers hang tough on the glass, and limit the turnovers, I like their chances.....should be a really spirited contest. This would be a huge win for them and provide another key metric win when looking at NCAA tournament chances. Can the Boilers break-through another road challenge and keep things rolling? They certainly have the potential.....will they.....we shall find out shortly.

Boiler Up, my friends.

i

i

isaachayes1x18x10x05xmc.jpg

Last edited:
Stay close and make your move to win it with 8 to go in the game

Reactions: TX4GB
Well Ladies and Gentleman, here we are again....another week, and another tough road game for the Boilers against a ranked opponent. This time, Purdue travels to Columbus for the re-match with #15-Ohio State in an early evening contest.....scheduled tip coming up @ 6:30 (Eastern time) on Big Ten Network. This game was moved up from the originally scheduled date of January 27 due to some of the recent postponements.

These two teams faced off against each other in mid-December with Purdue prevailing 67-60 in a hard-fought contest, led by Trevion Williams' 16/9/8 effort. Ohio State played without starting forward E.J. Liddell, who is second in scoring for Ohio State and leads them in rebounds and blocks. He's coming off a terrific game at Illinois last Saturday, when he had 26 points and 7 rebounds, so the Boilers will need to keep him in check, and he also has the ability to score from the perimeter. Duane Washington is also very capable in the backcourt, but CJ Walker will be out again due to a ligament injury in his right, non-shooting, hand. Walker has missed the last three games for the Buckeyes.

Both teams are 5-3 in conference (tied with Illinois for fourth) and have won three straight. Purdue will need to play its best game of the season, IMO, to come out with a victory this evening, and I think the game plan doesn't change too much. Value the possessions, limit extra possessions.....work the inside advantage and knock down the good shots. One good sign for the Boilers as it looks like Eric Hunter, Jr, has worked out of his slump for the most part, and I expect him to have a good game.....he'll need to for the Boilers to have success. This game may come down to who has the better/more impactful game between Trevion Williams and EJ Liddell. If the Boilers hang tough on the glass, and limit the turnovers, I like their chances.....should be a really spirited contest. This would be a huge win for them and provide another key metric win when looking at NCAA tournament chances. Can the Boilers break-through another road challenge and keep things rolling? They certainly have the potential.....will they.....we shall find out shortly.

Boiler Up, my friends.

i

i

Jaden might be enough difference and it won't be shooting 5 3balls. ;)

Reactions: TX4GB

Boiler Up, my friends.

i

i

WTH was that call? Just getting loose. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT