ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue v. Minnesota Game Thread

Our coaches deserve a lot of it criticism. Why we ran that play with 7 seconds is beyond stupid. I guess it could have been a broken play but it sure didn’t look like it. Hall should have been in ivy’s hands in a ball screen. Truly awful.
If I saw correctly, Shrewsberry was drawing up the last play. All I’m going to say is that there’s a reason he left the Celtics and the NBA.

• Haha
Reactions: Boiler8285
I am so sick of losing to bad luck

****ing lucky ****er banks a 3.. this is after minnesota has about 10 other points from random bounces off legs and loose balls and falling down shots to boot

Holy **** this team will never ever EVER get lucky or hell even just even luck
the bank was lucky, but Purdue handed them the game. It was close the whole game and no room for trying things you aren't very good doing. How tough it would be not to be heard outside the barn. Two games that don't have room for error of early 3s that shouldn't be taken. The shot selection that was good the first half had no respect when the game was decided. This has been brewing for some time and more and more are starting to grip reality. UNBELIEVABLE...not much better than NW giving it away to IU

I actually think it’s the opposite. Gillis’ right heel was over the block/charge arc.
Not sure of the rule,but thought you had to be in the arc? He was on the ball of his foot touching outside the arc, but play smarter in things you can control and that call doesn't beat you

• Wow
Reactions: pubill and Zaphod_B
Tre didn't travel for sure. We should've won this game but we will bounce back. The fact that we will get in the tournament with this young roster tells me enough. I love this team and coach....BTFU!

I realize this will not sound objective, but that was really poorly officiated - and we were the victims. I think Painter needs to make sure we are in a position to get a late call vs a bad blocking call and a walk that wasn’t. Izzo, for example, would have been in the ears of those refs all 2H. Painter has never worked the officials with that strategy in mind. You need to fight for your guys, especially when they’re so young.

No reason to lose that one, young team or not.

Not sure of the rule,but thought you had to be in the arc? He was on the ball of his foot touching outside the arc, but play smarter in things you can control and that call doesn't beat you
The rule is if any part of your body is touching/over the arc. That includes a raised heel.

Reactions: tjreese
Watch it again from the baseline view. He did not travel
You can't control what refs do. But can control NOT SHOOTING behind the arc early in the clock when you don't have to shoot by someone that hasn't shown an ability to shoot well which matches his form. He only needed to do what he can at this time. Conyrol what you can because refs can make bad calls AND teams can make lucky shots

The rule is if any part of your body is touching/over the arc. That includes a raised heel.
I'll have to look again, but I thought the force of the Minnesota's player may have caused his foot to move back overvthe line. What's the rule if that is the case?

You can't control what refs do. But can control NOT SHOOTING behind the arc early in the clock when you don't have to shoot by someone that hasn't shown an ability to shoot well which matches his form. He only needed to do what he can at this time. Conyrol what you can because refs can make bad calls AND teams can make lucky shots
u are brilliant!

I'll have to look again, but I thought the force of the Minnesota's player may have caused his foot to move back overvthe line. What's the rule if that is the case?
If that happens then it’s a charge. However, I don’t think that’s how it happened. I’d like to see it again too.

Gillis took that charge all day! But instead 2pts for them
Refs have a split second to make a bad decision, players sometime have a few seconds. Refs never helped and lucky shot, but it shouldn't have come down to that. EVERYONE should have known this would be a tough out and so why would anyone think possessions are not important when in the closing minutes? Missing wasn't the issue THE SHOTS WERE FREE TURNOVERS.

He dis not travel. His pivot was his left foot and never moved
You don’t have a pivot foot on a jump stop, which is what is was. Williams gathered the ball with one foot on the floor, hopped off of it and landed on two, which is a legal jumpstop. But then he reset a foot—travel.

I realize this will not sound objective, but that was really poorly officiated - and we were the victims. I think Painter needs to make sure we are in a position to get a late call vs a bad blocking call and a walk that wasn’t. Izzo, for example, would have been in the ears of those refs all 2H. Painter has never worked the officials with that strategy in mind. You need to fight for your guys, especially when they’re so young.

This theory is so old. And pointless.

Let's all just pretend Tre didn't get shoved toward the baseline on that move that caused him to be off balance in the paint...
He did and Purdue players can't depend of refs to make the right call AND WHY you tell players to grab the ball when able instead of it going out of bounds and hopeful the ref makes the right call

Whenever the opposing team banks in threes near the end of the game, you are in trouble. Unless it’s carsen edwards then we somehow lose.
If you are up 7 it doesn't matter if they bank a 3 and Purdue should have been up 7 at least

Refs have a split second to make a bad decision, players sometime have a few seconds. Refs never helped and lucky shot, but it shouldn't have come down to that. EVERYONE should have known this would be a tough out and so why would anyone think possessions are not important when in the closing minutes? Missing wasn't the issue THE SHOTS WERE FREE TURNOVERS.
Which shots were turnovers?

I looked again, his foot was over the line before contact. I'd say they got this one right.

Reactions: Poprudy

Big Ten refs are garbage!!
You didn’t see Painter yelling at the refs after that Williams bs travel call? He looked pretty mad!
Shoulda won by 10 but we couldn’t couldn’t buy a 3

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT