ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue v. Illinois Game Thread

I am starting to believe that he has to have something wrong with him. Some undisclosed back issue that he hasn’t said anything about. Is that why he jogs so slowly and so upright and often times gets caught watching on defense?

I mean its either something like that or a mental issue. He used to be a good shooter but I don’t think he is anymore.

He does NOTHING on offense. Just jogs around. If he can't do anything more, he shouldn't be in the game. Play someone who has intensity and wants to be...

hard to figure this jekyll and hyde team. great 3 point shooting at home and we cant spit in the ocean on the road. hopefully next year we have some players that can shoot in any gym

We already have too many players that play defense and do not score.

Yeah, you missed the point. We have a bunch of special snowflakes who can only perform when the moon is full, the ball is at a specific PSI, their socks have the right thread count, etc. We desperately need someone who has a killer instinct and brings it every night. Will to win is a powerful thing.

And, yes, we need offense too.

Yeah, you missed the point. We have a bunch of special snowflakes who can only perform when the moon is full, the ball is at a specific PSI, their socks have the right thread count, etc. We desperately need someone who has a killer instinct and brings it every night. Will to win is a powerful thing.
I am assuming they are redshirting

Lol god no. We need a carsen, etwaun, hummel, etc. Kramer was a very average player with a poor offensive game.

Holly hell are a bunch of you dense. Yes, having ten guys who can get their own shot and score at will is great. HOWEVER, how often do the loaded one and done teams fold when they hit adversity? To build a great team you need guys to fill multiple roles. In addition to having no offensive fire power, we do not have a guy who is getting after his teammates to bring it. There is a reason GMs always talk about the importance of locker room guys. You need culture guys, and I think the lack of an alpha is a major issue for this team.

Reactions: mathboy
Holly hell are a bunch of you dense. Yes, having ten guys who can get their own shot and score at will is great. HOWEVER, how often do the loaded one and done teams fold when they hit adversity? To build a great team you need guys to fill multiple roles. In addition to having no offensive fire power, we do not have a guy who is getting after his teammates to bring it. There is a reason GMs always talk about the importance of locker room guys. You need culture guys, and I think the lack of an alpha is a major issue for this team.
Yeah... Hard pass on Kramer.

Me too. It counts as one loss. I'll be ready for the next game. Defense was ok, held them to 63.

Defense was horrific. You do realize Illinois hasn't scored over 71 points in a conference game this season, right?

And, yes, we need offense too.

Would it not be more accurate to say that we need someone with Kramer’s will to win- not his actual skillset?

Robbie Hummel would have been a better pick imo

You guys must be too young to remember Kramer I guess...…..and that is the only excuse I can give you.

Reactions: Schnelk
How so? You honestly believe Kramer was a highly skilled basketball player? He was one of the worst offensive scholarship guards Purdue has ever had.
6.4pts 3rbs. 2.5assists for his career...…..hell, he shot 47% for his career
Defensively? are you serious? He was in a class all his own. That all takes skill.

6.4pts 3rbs. 2.5assists for his career...…..hell, he shot 47% for his career
Defensively? are you serious? He was in a class all his own. That all takes skill.

I did not mean “above- average” as a knock on him. I should have said “way above average- top 1%- the very best”

He was a legendary defender...…..average offensive player.

If Kramer was an average offensive player then the bar for a B10 starting guard is very low. There were times I remember arguing that Kramer needed to play less because his reluctance to take an outside shot killed the flow of the offense.

Kramer was a better offensive player than Nojel is- I will admit that... but that is not saying much.
I would take him over eastern too. But if we're talking just strictly adding any painter player he wouldn't even be in my top 20.
I agree with both points. Just pointing out that I would in fact take Kramer even though he wouldn’t be in my top 20 choices either.

Kramer was indeed a role-player. His role was hard nosed defensive stopper/court general. He fit perfectly in the lineup with Grant, Hummel, Moore, and Johnson. I’d say the broken nose against Michigan, the “swim” dive and assist vs Tennessee in the Bahamas, the shot from his knees against Arizona, and when he willed them to a Sweet 16 (his drive and layup beating Texas A&M) after Hummel’s injury pretty much cemented him as legendary in Purdue history.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT