ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue on the ESPN Daily Word

boilerzz

All-American
Jul 5, 2002
West Chester, OH
www.marchfirstbrewing.com
2. Purdue remains undefeated. What should the rest of the country know about the Boilers?

Katz: This team plays extremely hard and has great chemistry. Purdue is versatile and should be able to win plenty of frontcourt matchups this season.

Gasaway: The rest of the country should know that entering the paint against this Boilermaker team entails extreme risk. Opponents are making a pitiful 36 percent of their 2s against Matt Painter's team, and between A.J. Hammons andIsaac Haas the Boilers invariably have a shot-blocker available and running amok regardless of fouls.

Medcalf: The Boilermakers have a unique and deep backcourt. A.J. Hammons is focused. Isaac Haas (29th in block percentage) is a defensive force. Caleb Swanigan, the top-10 recruit, is third on the team in assists. It's risky to double the big man because he's a capable passer out of the post. I think the eventual national champ will need skilled bigs to win the crown. Purdue has that covered. But let's see what happens after their Butler-Vanderbilt-Wisconsin-Iowa-Michigan stretch that begins in late December.

2. Purdue remains undefeated. What should the rest of the country know about the Boilers?

Medcalf: The Boilermakers have a unique and deep backcourt. A.J. Hammons is focused. Isaac Haas (29th in block percentage) is a defensive force. Caleb Swanigan, the top-10 recruit, is third on the team in assists. It's risky to double the big man because he's a capable passer out of the post. I think the eventual national champ will need skilled bigs to win the crown. Purdue has that covered. But let's see what happens after their Butler-Vanderbilt-Wisconsin-Iowa-Michigan stretch that begins in late December.

Whoa! Mr. Medcalf; somebody didn't get the memo.

I know our bigs get most people's attention but im surprised none of these dudes even mentioned all our shooters, who open up because of our bigs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT