ADVERTISEMENT

Post your preseason All-B1G basketball teams

images

Kistek, you guys must really miss me over there. Seems like everyday someone tags me begging me to come back or comes over here to interact with me.

I appreciate all the love that you guys show me on the daily! Feel free to come over here or PM me over there if you ever have anymore questions on anything or just need my thoughts. I dont mind at all.

Reactions: KisteK
Kistek, you guys must really miss me over there. Seems like everyday someone tags me begging me to come back or comes over here to interact with me.

I appreciate all the love that you guys show me on the daily! Feel free to come over here or PM me over there if you ever have anymore questions on anything or just need my thoughts. I dont mind at all.

Believe, most know you kept that B1g thread moving smooth. I tend to forget to check other Rivals boards now, I used to every month or so but have been slacking for about two years.
Will try to keep popping in more reg, I like basketball conversation, and (with your assist) this place seems to have some well informed posters.

You might want to distinguish between Premium members and free board types when you mention"peegsters". I rarely go to the free board on Peegs or even the new kids who host the Rivals site. When I do, I always discover posts that betray a lack of info, compared to what Premium members are well versed in. Many Peegs Premie members also visit ITH, so Alex's info is disseminated. But when I read comments on ITH there is a certain amateurish quality to some of the comments- sort of like what you get on The Star or other print media websites...
IU fans reached a new level of asshattery on the new Stye with the thread ripping on Treed's posting on here.

I think we need to discuss some of the other BIG schools:
  1. So, do you guys think Nebraska has the horses to make a sustained run in the BUG this year? Are the top 4/5 predictions reasonable?
  2. Will the returning players at Minny have enough to lift that program out of the bottom of the BIG?
  3. How far will OSU drop? Do they have enough good players coming in this year to bring the program back over the next couple years? Will Holtsman still look like a wunderkind without Matta's recruits?
  4. Is there still someone playing basketball over there in Illinois?
:cool:

1) Nebraska- I hate that I'm buying in to Nebraskaball, but here we are.. I think they make top 4 in conference. (I predict this knowing nothing of their conf sched, and would not mind being totally offbase.)

2) Minny better than bottom 7?
Ugh, I don't see them higher than 7.
I think they'll be in the 8-12 range, honestly.

3) Ohio State - I do like this recruiting cycle, but I don't think they're going to finish top 6 this season. So maybe, 7-10 ish.
Without Matta's recruits? If he keeps that 2019 haul, he'll be in Columbus for quite awhile. Great hire imo.

4) Poor Ill.. too bad they put all those eggs in Ayo's basket, so far they're looking more likely to starve than feast. I do like Underwood tho. But smh on him bending over for a kid like that. Hate that he's gotta play that game.

IU fans predicted a B1G championship this time last season on the national board. Seriously.

Noooo. Nope. Who?!

1) Nebraska- I hate that I'm buying in to Nebraskaball, but here we are.. I think they make top 4 in conference. (I predict this knowing nothing of their conf sched, and would not mind being totally offbase.)

2) Minny better than bottom 7?
Ugh, I don't see them higher than 7.
I think they'll be in the 8-12 range, honestly.

3) Ohio State - I do like this recruiting cycle, but I don't think they're going to finish top 6 this season. So maybe, 7-10 ish.
Without Matta's recruits? If he keeps that 2019 haul, he'll be in Columbus for quite awhile. Great hire imo.

4) Poor Ill.. too bad they put all those eggs in Ayo's basket, so far they're looking more likely to starve than feast. I do like Underwood tho. But smh on him bending over for a kid like that. Hate that he's gotta play that game.

Noooo. Nope. Who?!

@Da_Bull did multiple times

IU fans reached a new level of asshattery on the new Stye with the thread ripping on Treed's posting on here.
I remember when the IU fans were screaming the most foul obscenities at Chris Kramer's mom when she attended a game in Bloomington. The peegstye said she brought it on herself for even walking into Assembly Hall.

Yeah, they're a classy bunch.

To be fair that's not that hard to do, but what do I no? I'm sure Troy Williams mom wasn't discussed on here, but I don't really no for sure.

To be fair that's not that hard to do, but what do I no? I'm sure Troy Williams mom wasn't discussed on here, but I don't really no for sure.

Troy Williams' mom was almost never discussed here and not disparaged when she was iirc. Kramer's mom was villified and treated very poorly in person by thd Peegsters. They should have been ashamed about how she was treated but were not. They celebrated it.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
You think this guy is going to come in as a true freshman and make an All B1G team, when he fell apart against a football player a year younger than him in high school last year?

Way to cherry pick plays. You know what, if teams in the BIG want to double and triple team Romeo to try forcing turnovers....go ahead. More times than most he will find the open guy and it will end in an easy basket. In my opinion, part of the blame for that turnover goes on the play-calling. Romeo isn't a point guard. He has decent handles, but not as good as a lead guard. He shouldn't be given the ball that far from the basket and asked to break the double and triple teams. He should be running off screens and getting himself some space to receive the pass so he can drive and make something happen. Instead they just force-fed him the ball and asked him to do it all. That's not how Archie will be running his offense at Indiana.

And defensively.....that defense was not that bad. Romeo was bodied up to his man and had a hand in his face. The guy made a fantastic acrobatic shot. The kid earned it.

But it's obvious you don't think highly of Romeo, you don't ever intend to and will find whatever evidence you can to try proving he's no good. You're a Purdue fan, so it makes sense that you wouldn't like him. When the ball hits the court we can see this all play out.

Way to cherry pick plays. You know what, if teams in the BIG want to double and triple team Romeo to try forcing turnovers....go ahead. More times than most he will find the open guy and it will end in an easy basket. In my opinion, part of the blame for that turnover goes on the play-calling. Romeo isn't a point guard. He has decent handles, but not as good as a lead guard. He shouldn't be given the ball that far from the basket and asked to break the double and triple teams. He should be running off screens and getting himself some space to receive the pass so he can drive and make something happen. Instead they just force-fed him the ball and asked him to do it all. That's not how Archie will be running his offense at Indiana.

And defensively.....that defense was not that bad. Romeo was bodied up to his man and had a hand in his face. The guy made a fantastic acrobatic shot. The kid earned it.

But it's obvious you don't think highly of Romeo, you don't ever intend to and will find whatever evidence you can to try proving he's no good. You're a Purdue fan, so it makes sense that you wouldn't like him. When the ball hits the court we can see this all play out.
And you want to call people out on a Purdue forum for being homers after a post like this? Talk about making homer excuses.

There was nothing 'cherry picked' in the post, it had some actual fact behind it and proof to support what he said. Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean it was 'cherry picked'. Those things happened, like it or not.

Said Indiana would win the B1G right after Archie was hired.

I don't know what you're talking about. I predicted Minnesota would win the conference last year, I was even more off than had i picked Indiana.

You know it's funny, whenever I come to the forum anymore and open threads, I oddly hear the theme song from "saved by the Bell" in my head

I guess all the high School drama on here has an impact.
Is it embarrassing, even just a little, that you know the theme song to Saved by the Bell?

Let it out. We have your back.

Reactions: KisteK and Schnelk
Is it embarrassing, even just a little, that you know the theme song to Saved by the Bell?

Let it out. We have your back.
Hey... It's alright coz I'm saved by the Bell.

I mean by the time I grabbed my books and I gave myself a look.... I was at the corner just in time to see the bus fly by.

Great.... Now I hate myself just a bit.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
And you want to call people out on a Purdue forum for being homers after a post like this? Talk about making homer excuses.

There was nothing 'cherry picked' in the post, it had some actual fact behind it and proof to support what he said. Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean it was 'cherry picked'. Those things happened, like it or not.
I think you can pick a series of plays on anyone and say look see they are no good which is essentially what he said. I watched that game and at the end of it yes Romeo should have been tighter with the ball. But Romeo has earned his hype and by all accounts a really good young man. Most ppl outside of a few Purdue fans think he is a very talented player and that he will have a major impact on IU in his year here. I know some feel PU dodged a bullet and would rather have Hunter and think Eastern is a better player. That’s their right. But this is classic cherry picking to say this play defines a player of his talent.

I think you can pick a series of plays on anyone and say look see they are no good which is essentially what he said. I watched that game and at the end of it yes Romeo should have been tighter with the ball. But Romeo has earned his hype and by all accounts a really good young man. Most ppl outside of a few Purdue fans think he is a very talented player and that he will have a major impact on IU in his year here. I know some feel PU dodged a bullet and would rather have Hunter and think Eastern is a better player. That’s their right. But this is classic cherry picking to say this play defines a player of his talent.

Horse(crap).

What has had IU fans butthurt over the Romeo discussion here was due to the fact there was a poster (or two) who didn't pick him for a B1G FR team. They couldn't stand it.

Horse(crap).

What has had IU fans butthurt over the Romeo discussion here was due to the fact there was a poster (or two) who didn't pick him for a B1G FR team. They couldn't stand it.

6th , according to Rivals, best player in his class, the highest ranked freshman coming into the conference, on a team that desperately needs scorers, 2nd all time IHSAA scoring, and he won't make the all B1G FR team...and you wonder why people are questioning that decision?

It was literally 2 plays picked out of an entire high school career, and then used as a basis to say that Romeo won't excel in college. That's the epitome of cherry-picked. I'm sure I could go find 2 plays that show Carsen failing in high school, but it would have no bearing on him still being a very good player.

6th , according to Rivals, best player in his class, the highest ranked freshman coming into the conference, on a team that desperately needs scorers, 2nd all time IHSAA scoring, and he won't make the all B1G FR team...and you wonder why people are questioning that decision?
Oh, dear lord.

No, I'm not questioning it. What I'm questioning is the absolute obsession that's occurred . . . ON THE PURDUE FORUM . . . BY IU FANS.

Shut

Up

About

IT

We don't care.

Oh, dear lord.

No, I'm not questioning it. What I'm questioning is the absolute obsession that's occurred . . . ON THE PURDUE FORUM . . . BY IU FANS.

Shut

Up

About

IT

We don't care.

I dont really care but i don't know why you care so much that others care? OP got what he wanted with it.

Reactions: KisteK
Horse(crap).

I am not upset you all are glad you didn’t get Romeo. I was pointing out that it was cherry picking. And we had a rough year this past year no doubt. We have a ton of talent coming in. Excited about where we are as a program. It’s not like Purdue has been the better program than IU. They were better last year no doubt. I’m not trolling anyone by the way. I think both teams have about the same floor which is a bubble team. You all have the most proven player and good chance the Big ten player of the year. We have a returning player who will be in first or second team all big ten. Should be fun to watch and would not be surprised at all if we split the season series. You all have a lot to be proud of and some potential for a good season. We have the same with a top ten recruiting class and a top 5-10 freshman. Season starts soon and looking to see how it plays out. Both have uncertainty both have promise. I enjoy the back and forth when it has substance. Indiana ( the state ) has the best most knowledgeable fans in the world IMO.

I dont really care but i don't know why you care so much that others care? OP got what he wanted with it.
If you don't care then why are you here in the first place? Nothing is stopping you from staying where you belong and take the other pretenders and wannabes with you.

Reactions: Schnelk
Oh, dear lord.

Shut

Up

About

IT

We don't care.

You don't care, many people don't care. Mgkcbb obviously cares, as he voluntarily decided to go find videos to post on here and talk about how bad Romeo is. That's who I responded to, no one else has to care. Really the big obsession that started in this thread is Mgkcbb's obsession with declaring Romeo a bust. Talk to him.

I havent cherry picked plays. Ive made multiple posts now citing Romeos struggles in AAU against other high schoolers and shown he struggles to shoot from 3 on a sample of over 600 attempts.

I have backed up my claim that he will not make the all freshman team with actual data and analysis. I showed last years #5 recruot didnt make his conferences all freshman team and went undrafted altogether.

I have not seen anyone claiming Im wrong about him use anything other than "LOL Romeo best player ever who cares he didnt shoot well his entire career and was bad in AAU last year."

But nevermind all of reasoning, data, and facts have been completely dismissed, lets focus on something even more funny. I have been told I am wrong and am just a troll for posting this at the same time. If thats the case, the fact that hes not on my made up/fictional preseason all freshman team shouldnt even bother you, you know, because Im just a troll and all.

Bit yet here we are, 10+ pages deep, IU fans driven out of the woodwork, multiple people tagging me on the national board, people giving a play by play of my posts here over on the national board.

Maybe IU fans can go create a thread on their board about why Romeo Langford will be an All American, and stop being so obsessed with this board and thread over here.

If you don't care then why are you here in the first place? Nothing is stopping you from staying where you belong and take the other pretenders and wannabes with you.

The hypocrisy (and entertainment) in your posts are truly something. Claim not to care what other people think while rambling on about how nothing posted on here impacts your life and yet here you are for ....nth time today showing how much you really care. If you don't care what IU people think, why do you continue to let IU people know what you think? It doesn't make any sense. You claim IU people make a mockery out of every thread on here, yet you make a mockery out of yourself trolling trolls. What are you?

Again, this thread is about All-B1G basketball teams and a discussion about the outlook of the conference. Just like the other thread getting blown up is about TJD, a prospective recruit who is considering multiple B10 schools (not just Purdue). Tell me if an MSU fan or an Iowa came on here and called you an idiot would you respond the same way? Or is just when IU people do it? Are you that insecure when other fans contribute to a PURDUE board? These threads get out of hand when YOU come on here and try to police them for calling anybody with a differing or non pro-Purdue sentiment a troll. Heed your own advice and go away.

I havent cherry picked plays. Ive made multiple posts now citing Romeos struggles in AAU against other high schoolers and shown he struggles to shoot from 3 on a sample of over 600 attempts.

I have backed up my claim that he will not make the all freshman team with actual data and analysis. I showed last years #5 recruot didnt make his conferences all freshman team and went undrafted altogether.

I have not seen anyone claiming Im wrong about him use anything other than "LOL Romeo best player ever who cares he didnt shoot well his entire career and was bad in AAU last year."

But nevermind all of reasoning, data, and facts have been completely dismissed, lets focus on something even more funny. I have been told I am wrong and am just a troll for posting this at the same time. If thats the case, the fact that hes not on my made up/fictional preseason all freshman team shouldnt even bother you, you know, because Im just a troll and all.

Bit yet here we are, 10+ pages deep, IU fans driven out of the woodwork, multiple people tagging me on the national board, people giving a play by play of my posts here over on the national board.

Maybe IU fans can go create a thread on their board about why Romeo Langford will be an All American, and stop being so obsessed with this board and thread over here.

I'll give you a hint about why you get such a reaction from your claims....because they're ridiculous! They cause a reaction because they aren't logical. Yeah, Romeo isn't a lights out shooter, so what? That's not his entire game, he drives and draws contact more than he shoots 3's. And who says he can't improve his shooting anyway? People on this board are already talking about Nojel's improved 3pt shot, after shooting 33% last year. If he can practice and improve his shot as much as most assume he will, or has, why would it be so preposterous to think that Romeo could do the same? Oh, that's right, he's a Hoosier, so he'll never improve or be any better than he already was (which was already very good). If you want us to stop responding and talking about it, then stop creating new posts to declare how bad Romeo is. This thread was done talking about Romeo until you brought it up again. You're as much to blame as IU fans are.

Incorrect.

What's incorrect about it exactly? That wasn't just videos of two plays? That Romeo was in many more than 2 plays in High School? That he used it as a basis to say Romeo won't excel? That picking 2 plays out of thousands is cherry picking? Saying that Carsen also made mistakes in High School? Are any of those things incorrect?

I'll give you a hint about why you get such a reaction from your claims....because they're ridiculous! They cause a reaction because they aren't logical. Yeah, Romeo isn't a lights out shooter, so what? That's not his entire game, he drives and draws contact more than he shoots 3's. And who says he can't improve his shooting anyway? People on this board are already talking about Nojel's improved 3pt shot, after shooting 33% last year. If he can practice and improve his shot as much as most assume he will, or has, why would it be so preposterous to think that Romeo could do the same? Oh, that's right, he's a Hoosier, so he'll never improve or be any better than he already was (which was already very good). If you want us to stop responding and talking about it, then stop creating new posts to declare how bad Romeo is. This thread was done talking about Romeo until you brought it up again. You're as much to blame as IU fans are.

People forget Eric Gordon was 33% three point shooter in college. Don't ever remember any team letting Eric Gordon shoot wide open threes in college either. I think Gordon and Langford are very good college comparisons. Both guys who can get to the rim and draw fouls and both guys who will bury you if teams want to believe he isn't a three point shooter. Can't say Romeo will average 20 ppg and be first team all-conference like Gordon, but he will definitely be IU's go to guy on offense that will average in my opinion anywhere from 16-18 ppg. How efficient who knows and that will likely be a key component to IU's success, but by design as a lead guard and his ability to get to the rim, he will score and score a lot. Can unequivocally say he will be on the all-B10 freshman team and will give 5 to 1 odds to anybody that he's the B10 freshman of the year.

This has gotten silly.

Last edited:
He ended up 4th. Surprised to see Hunter ended up 7th.

You think this guy is going to come in as a true freshman and make an All B1G team, when he fell apart against a football player a year younger than him in high school last year?

Uh, yeah. Loads of talent coming into the B1g this cycle, I like a couple more than Langford, but he's going to receive a lot of minutes, and Indy doesn't really have the depth, so they'll most likely live with his lumps.

I like Romeo, Sticks, Wieskamp, Ayo, Brazdeikis, Wiggins and LeDee
I worry that Fran won't play Wieskamp enough bc Fran likes to Fran and I wonder if Brazd will be able to earn enough time over Poole/Livers/Mathews to show year 1. It sounds like they already love him in AA, so he'll prob make the end of season list.

I don't love Ayo, but I might just have a little salt left in me to not want him to do well this season.

I'd King still considered a frosh?

Uh, yeah. Loads of talent coming into the B1g this cycle, I like a couple more than Langford, but he's going to receive a lot of minutes, and Indy doesn't really have the depth, so they'll most likely live with his lumps.

I like Romeo, Sticks, Wieskamp, Ayo, Brazdeikis, Wiggins and LeDee
I worry that Fran won't play Wieskamp enough bc Fran likes to Fran and I wonder if Brazd will be able to earn enough time over Poole/Livers/Mathews to show year 1. It sounds like they already love him in AA, so he'll prob make the end of season list.

I don't love Ayo, but I might just have a little salt left in me to not want him to do well this season.

I'd King still considered a frosh?

I like Ayo alot. I think hes up there with Jalen Smith and IGNAS as the unquestioned 3 most talented freshmen to come into the conference this year.

Wieskamp, Wiggins, and my sleeper Eric Ayala should all have major opportunities to shine early and all do things that translate smoothly to this level. Ayala reminds me of Carsen Edwards in his hs mixtapes.

Mgkcbb has backed his statements with statistics. Your response has been pretty emotional. Nobody here said Romeo won't improve his shot. That statement is yours alone, and might reflect a little Hoosier insecurity.

You will also note that few if any of us think Eastern will "carry" the team the way you expect Romeo to do for the IU program. Yes, we do expect Romeo to improve, but he will have a solid group of team players around him for support.

I would also call to your attention that these are all opinions, and don't mean diddly. No sense getting worked up about them. Neither you nor mgkcbb will be swayed by the others' arguments. You just expose yourself to derogatory comments by lesser posters. ...but hey, it is just my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT