ADVERTISEMENT

Post your preseason All-B1G basketball teams

TMHR's ranking has probably not been adjusted for possible FRANCON alerts over the course of the year....

at least a factor of (1.25 - 2.75)x potentially.....from preliminary calculations and historical performance analyses.

QtkftTP.jpg

Got me laughing for sure!! Nice

Who is a better defender than Nojel in the B1G?

A good question:

I think that Roby on Nebraska is fantastic.
As I've said here, I'm a big fan of Haarms - I think the quickness and timing he brings at his length changes the game when he's in it.
Reeves on Penn State is really good.
Watkins on Penn State is really good, though he still hasn't cleared his legal problems for next season.
Cowan on Maryland is excellent.
As an IU fan I've watched McRoberts - he's about as good a help defender and court awareness guy as there can be. Reminds me of Mathias without the jump shot.
Haap was the 2017 B1G defensive player of the year.
Michigan wins a lot of games - pretty sure that Matthews and Livers defended very well.

That's off the top of my head. It's not that Eastern can't be or isn't good. It's that in 12 minutes per game from last year it's a stretch to make any proclamation about him.

Reactions: KisteK and mathboy
All true, and I know it's not your post I'm largely referring to, but the optimism about Nojel Eastern's potential play on this board is confounding. I think it has a lot to do with the knowledge that his mother is reading along.

You never know what might happen, but the odds that a top ten ranked freshman becomes one of the top ten players in the B1G in the upcoming season are far better than the odds that a sophomore guard who averaged 2.9 points, had one more total turnover than assist, was 20-48 from the line, and 3-9 from three becomes a top tier B1G player. Unless it's a trolling post - including the post about how Nojel Eastern may be the best defensive guard in the B1G and nationally (!) (and since it's a Purdue board, it's the mods' prerogative to allow that) it just doesn't make sense.

In my opinion Haarms is the one who could be really special, defensively. The first season data proves it out. 2.1 blocks per game in 17 minutes is really unusual. When a big is blocking that many shots, the drivers on the other team often give up even trying!
Me being his mother has nothing to do with anything what I no his stats from last season has nothing to do with what he is gonna do this season not just on the defensive end it’s his offensive game that gonna cause problems for teams this season. Playing barely 3/6 min a game plz tell me what kinda production you think you bring to a team. Not playing plays with the mind loose confidence and that is what happened. My son didn’t forget how to play basketball and this season with 25+ min a game changes everything. The great thing about off season you get to work on your game 59 days many gonna see just what this kid can do. NBA loved him 6”7 220 pound athletic fast high basketball IQ can pass rebound that can play 3 positions in the league to this day said to him continue to do what you do great getting to the basket rebounding defending passing keep t/o down but work on your shooting which he has and still is but that feedback motivated my son to continue to play his game not hinder on just being a shooter so he done just that working on his shot much better but he’s continuing to be dominant at what he does best. Confidence he lacked a little during the season now that’s back knowing he’s gonna be counted on to play a larger role this season and best believe he’s ready to show what he can do.

Reactions: boilerbusdriver
Me being his mother has nothing to do with anything what I no his stats from last season has nothing to do with what he is gonna do this season not just on the defensive end it’s his offensive game that gonna cause problems for teams this season. Playing barely 3/6 min a game plz tell me what kinda production you think you bring to a team. Not playing plays with the mind loose confidence and that is what happened. My son didn’t forget how to play basketball and this season with 25+ min a game changes everything. The great thing about off season you get to work on your game 59 days many gonna see just what this kid can do. NBA loved him 6”7 220 pound athletic fast high basketball IQ can pass rebound that can play 3 positions in the league to this day said to him continue to do what you do great getting to the basket rebounding defending passing keep t/o down but work on your shooting which he has and still is but that feedback motivated my son to continue to play his game not hinder on just being a shooter so he done just that working on his shot much better but he’s continuing to be dominant at what he does best. Confidence he lacked a little during the season now that’s back knowing he’s gonna be counted on to play a larger role this season and best believe he’s ready to show what he can do.
Amen! Preach!
Nojel is gonna shut a lot of people up.
Walk softly carry a big Stick.
Boiler Up!
Nojel and Carsen are gonna be Awesome runnin the show at Guards

A good question:

I think that Roby on Nebraska is fantastic.
As I've said here, I'm a big fan of Haarms - I think the quickness and timing he brings at his length changes the game when he's in it.
Reeves on Penn State is really good.
Watkins on Penn State is really good, though he still hasn't cleared his legal problems for next season.
Cowan on Maryland is excellent.
As an IU fan I've watched McRoberts - he's about as good a help defender and court awareness guy as there can be. Reminds me of Mathias without the jump shot.
Haap was the 2017 B1G defensive player of the year.
Michigan wins a lot of games - pretty sure that Matthews and Livers defended very well.

That's off the top of my head. It's not that Eastern can't be or isn't good. It's that in 12 minutes per game from last year it's a stretch to make any proclamation about him.
Sir you are a Hoosier fan that’s fine and some of what you said about said players are all fair opinions but as for my son what do you no of him but what little of him you saw play very very limited minutes. What I can tell you last season has come and gone 4 seniors are gone 4 returning players who min were very limited but yet all played in important games in limited min in the big 10 tournament and championship game and Ncaa Tournament and sweet 16 games all had impacts in games at times so now moving forward those 4 returning players 3 of which roles will change drastically so those 3 have enough experience that would help Purdue win many games than many ppl given them credit for. The great thing about college is you grow you learn and gain experience my son got all of that and he patiently waited his turn now his time has come to show who he really is. Freshmen becomes a sophomore and to think a kid who has been working 2/3 hours a day everyday since the season ended on his entire game not just his shooting and FTs don’t get better is crazy thinking. That system style of play wasn’t suited for him how he plays this team this season is suited for his style of play and he will show what he can do with more freedom to play his game within the offense than he wasn’t able to show in an offense that suited those players who are now departed. 12 min not much production 25+ min you will see production freshmen becomes sophomores so it’s definitely possible a kid could get better. Carsen Edwards comes to mind Morgan comes to mind when he got opportunity to play more and start production went way way up so Nojel eastern could do the same.

Sir you are a Hoosier fan that’s fine and some of what you said about said players are all fair opinions but as for my son what do you no of him but what little of him you saw play very very limited minutes. What I can tell you last season has come and gone 4 seniors are gone 4 returning players who min were very limited but yet all played in important games in limited min in the big 10 tournament and championship game and Ncaa Tournament and sweet 16 games all had impacts in games at times so now moving forward those 4 returning players 3 of which roles will change drastically so those 3 have enough experience that would help Purdue win many games than many ppl given them credit for. The great thing about college is you grow you learn and gain experience my son got all of that and he patiently waited his turn now his time has come to show who he really is. Freshmen becomes a sophomore and to think a kid who has been working 2/3 hours a day everyday since the season ended on his entire game not just his shooting and FTs don’t get better is crazy thinking. That system style of play wasn’t suited for him how he plays this team this season is suited for his style of play and he will show what he can do with more freedom to play his game within the offense than he wasn’t able to show in an offense that suited those players who are now departed. 12 min not much production 25+ min you will see production freshmen becomes sophomores so it’s definitely possible a kid could get better. Carsen Edwards comes to mind Morgan comes to mind when he got opportunity to play more and start production went way way up so Nojel eastern could do the same.

Glad we can agree.

Indeed sir we can all get alone be team fans and have reasonable discussions or comments and do it like ADULTS you sir gave a comment with class and dignity and I respect your opinion hope this continues even if we are on opposite sides of teams.
Basketball message boards can bring out the best of fans, and that can be the case if the posters root for the the same team, or if they root for teams with an interest in rivals.
Unfortunately message boards sometimes bring out the worst too!

My point that the sample size is too small so far with your son is your point too. The good news for him is that he's gonna get his chance (and then some) this coming season. As a guy who played a little, coaches a little, and has seen his own kid in the mix (tho not at this level) that's what it's really all about.

I think Langford will be very good, but many of the arguements you make in your post are wildly optimistic and are examples why IU fans are often considered dilusional pre-season.

How can the odds of the #5 freshman in the country not being listed as a top five freshman post season be "remote"? There are 100 other highly ranked freshman who will be vieing to take that spot, some of whom will show that they are signficantly under ranked. As an example, Trae Young's ranking was in the 20's.

Second, on what basis do you argue that "defenses will have to key so much on Morgan, Davis, and Smith down low"? Morgan is very good but he's extremely undersized for a post. I suspect he'll draw some double teams but it's not as though you have a seven footer down there that will score every time unless he's doubled. Davis and Smith have shown some promise but have yet to really do anything.

Enjoy your optimism, you may in fact turn out to be right, but your statements are akin to a Purdue fan stating that Eastern or Haarms will be first team all conference in that it's not outside of the realm of possibility but to predict that would be based on hope and optimism, not facts.

1) The conversation was about the 5 best freshmen in the B1G, not in the country. I think the chances of a player like Langford not making a list of the 5 best freshmen in our league are remote. He’s going to step right in and start at a position that doesn’t have much competition. He’ll get lots of minutes and touches. It doesn’t take excessive optimism or wishful thinking to foresee that.

If that opportunity wasn’t there for him at Indiana for what will likely be his sole year in college, he’d have gone elsewhere.

2) If our frontcourt was limited to Morgan and a couple of question marks, I’d agree with you. But, assuming Davis gets back to 100%, he’s going to be a consistent threat down low. He was getting about 10ppg and 4rpg (in just 18 minutes/game) before getting hurt last season. And Smith showed a lot of athleticism and promise as a freshman. I think the combo of Morgan, Davis, and Smith will require defenses to focus on them. I doubt Juwan will draw a ton of double teams, necessarily. But that’s not what I’m saying. I’m saying that defenses won’t be able to extend and spread against us the way they have the past few years, because we’ll have 3 legitimate threats in the paint, on the glass, and on the baseline.

I’m saying this less to tout our frontcourt as among the league’s elite (I don’t think it is) than to say that Langford won’t draw nearly as much defensive attention as he did throughout HS.

It should be interesting to see how RL fares in this kind of environment. He’s rarely seen games where he wasn’t the sole, or at least primary, focus of opposing defenses.

Thanks for the comments. We don't expect "any serious content from him." He hasn't provided any so far. He's just been the typical troll.
Now courtsense, who used to post as ordfan and a bunch of other names before he got banned by the previous regime, is weighing in on the IU board. The old mods, who left for scout, exposed him a couple years ago, and he may still post here under a new name.

Reactions: Purdue85
All true, and I know it's not your post I'm largely referring to, but the optimism about Nojel Eastern's potential play on this board is confounding. I think it has a lot to do with the knowledge that his mother is reading along.

You never know what might happen, but the odds that a top ten ranked freshman becomes one of the top ten players in the B1G in the upcoming season are far better than the odds that a sophomore guard who averaged 2.9 points, had one more total turnover than assist, was 20-48 from the line, and 3-9 from three becomes a top tier B1G player. Unless it's a trolling post - including the post about how Nojel Eastern may be the best defensive guard in the B1G and nationally (!) (and since it's a Purdue board, it's the mods' prerogative to allow that) it just doesn't make sense.

In my opinion Haarms is the one who could be really special, defensively. The first season data proves it out. 2.1 blocks per game in 17 minutes is really unusual. When a big is blocking that many shots, the drivers on the other team often give up even trying!

Matty Haarms has to stop trying to block everything and learn to effect shots without getting out of position. If he can do that
1) The conversation was about the 5 best freshmen in the B1G, not in the country. I think the chances of a player like Langford not making a list of the 5 best freshmen in our league are remote. He’s going to step right in and start at a position that doesn’t have much competition. He’ll get lots of minutes and touches. It doesn’t take excessive optimism or wishful thinking to foresee that.

If that opportunity wasn’t there for him at Indiana for what will likely be his sole year in college, he’d have gone elsewhere.

2) If our frontcourt was limited to Morgan and a couple of question marks, I’d agree with you. But, assuming Davis gets back to 100%, he’s going to be a consistent threat down low. He was getting about 10ppg and 4rpg (in just 18 minutes/game) before getting hurt last season. And Smith showed a lot of athleticism and promise as a freshman. I think the combo of Morgan, Davis, and Smith will require defenses to focus on them. I doubt Juwan will draw a ton of double teams, necessarily. But that’s not what I’m saying. I’m saying that defenses won’t be able to extend and spread against us the way they have the past few years, because we’ll have 3 legitimate threats in the paint, on the glass, and on the baseline.

I’m saying this less to tout our frontcourt as among the league’s elite (I don’t think it is) than to say that Langford won’t draw nearly as much defensive attention as he did throughout HS.

It should be interesting to see how RL fares in this kind of environment. He’s rarely seen games where he wasn’t the sole, or at least primary, focus of opposing defenses.

My mistake, I agree, would be shocked if Langford isn’t one of the five best freshmen in the conference, he’ll get every opportunity to be. As much as I’d loved to have seen him alongside Carsen at Purdue, he’ll have much more opportunity to be the man in the IU backcourt.

And...if Davis can’t go? Word on the street is that he won’t be 100% until January. What will you do until then and what happens if he never fully recovers?

It's amazing how little people actually know about their own team.

IU's defense improved dramatically when Davis went down and Morgan went from trying to defend 4s on the perimeter to defending bigs down low.

Davis and Morgan got torched in ball screens repeatedly out on the perimeter. They're unplayable together on defense. If they both start and play big mins together, Indiana might have the worst defense in the conference again, like they did before Davis got hurt

And...if Davis can’t go? Word on the street is that he won’t be 100% until January. What will you do until then and what happens if he never fully recovers?

Well, that would definitely change some of the calculus. I’d guess that most of his minutes would go to players who are lesser threats in the post: grad transfer Fitzner, RS Freshman Thompson, and Soph Clifton Moore (who didn’t get in much as a freshman, and didn’t look great when he did).

I guess time will tell. But I don’t have reason to believe we won’t have a healthy Davis back for the bulk of the conference season.

Last edited:
It's amazing how little people actually know about their own team.

IU's defense improved dramatically when Davis went down and Morgan went from trying to defend 4s on the perimeter to defending bigs down low.

Davis and Morgan got torched in ball screens repeatedly out on the perimeter. They're unplayable together on defense. If they both start and play big mins together, Indiana might have the worst defense in the conference again, like they did before Davis got hurt

Meh...the whole team was still learning and adjusting to a new system at that point.

Our defense improved as the season went on because they got more comfortable in the new sets...not because Davis went out.

Meh...the whole team was still learning and adjusting to a new system at that point.

Our defense improved as the season went on because they got more comfortable in the new sets...not because Davis went out.
Completely disagree! Mgkcbb is absolutely right:
Davis was a major reason why IU’s defense was so bad early, and without him was so much better later.
Even with a 6’5” McSwain at center it was markedly better than with Davis.

Also - Davis is coming off a torn Achilles. It is unlikely that he’ll be a real factor at all next year.

Fitzner, Forrester, Moore, and Thompson are IU’s choices at the five, and all bring different things, from experience, to size, to wild card potential. I think Fitzner will get the most run by far.

Completely disagree! Mgkcbb is absolutely right:
Davis was a major reason why IU’s defense was so bad early, and without him was so much better later.
Even with a 6’5” McSwain at center it was markedly better than with Davis.

Also - Davis is coming off a torn Achilles. It is unlikely that he’ll be a real factor at all next year.

Fitzner, Forrester, Moore, and Thompson are IU’s choices at the five, and all bring different things, from experience, to size, to wild card potential. I think Fitzner will get the most run by far.
Ha ha! Perhaps y’all better get together and decide which talking points you are going to push. Perhaps on an board for IU basketball?

Reactions: Inspector100
That's not true or accurate but you can certainly believe whatever you want.

Virtually everybody was making lots of defensive errors early in the season - the only time he played.

I’m sure I watched IU play more last season than you did. Davis wasn’t our problem defensively early on. He made plenty of errors, but he wasn’t alone at that point.

Besides, my above comments were referencing the other side of the floor....re: Langford getting quality looks as compared to what he saw in HS.

Virtually everybody was making lots of defensive errors early in the season - the only time he played.

I’m sure I watched IU play more last season than you did. Davis wasn’t our problem defensively early on. He made plenty of errors, but he wasn’t alone at that point.

Besides, my above comments were referencing the other side of the floor....re: Langford getting quality looks as compared to what he saw in HS.
You wont convince him on the Romeo point. He has some sort of weird negative bias against Romeo that keeps him from thinking logically.

You wont convince him on the Romeo point. He has some sort of weird negative bias against Romeo that keeps him from thinking logically.

dude, enough already.

he simply hasn't bowed at the Romeo alter. It's not like he's trashing the kid.

good grief, admit he has a different opinion than yours and move on. Unless you're so obsessed you need to have your opinion validated.

You're like a cat coughing up a hairball: Nobody wants to see you or hear you, you go on and on, people know exactly what you're up to and what the end result will be and you just won't leave the room.

Not to be too much of a purest, but this thread was about a whole lot more than the 5 freshman.

Last edited:

You didn't and havent watched more IU basketball than me, I tape every B1G game. I adopted B1G basketball as a serious hobby to keep me out of trouble a couple years back.

Davis and Morgan playing together was a serious problem for Indiana early. Neither can defend on the perimeter so they can't play together defensively because teams have skilled 4s (and even some teams have skilled 5s nowadays) that can shoot.

As you saw in the multiple tweet evidence I provided, they got destroyed in ball screens by IPFW bigs.

Isaac Haas and Caleb Swanigan had a similar problem. Painter finally relented and went to Vince at the 4 and Swanigan at the 5, using Haas off the bench, because of the same problem.

All of the peegsters said we would suck last year, and they were going to be much improved. We won 30 games and they lost 4 more games than the previous year. They didn't even get invited to the nit. It will be the same again this year. We will make the sweet 16, and the will underachieve again. They have no point or center. Hell, Fitzner didn't even start all of his games on a crappy St. Mary's team

All of the peegsters said we would suck last year, and they were going to be much improved. We won 30 games and they lost 4 more games than the previous year. They didn't even get invited to the nit. It will be the same again this year. We will make the sweet 16, and the will underachieve again. They have no point or center. Hell, Fitzner didn't even start all of his games on a crappy St. Mary's team

IU fans predicted a B1G championship this time last season on the national board. Seriously.

For some reason they talk about how he was stuck behind Londale (who is a great player) at the 4, but he is going to start for them at the 5 and be awesome. Dude is not proven at all.

For some reason they talk about how he was stuck behind Londale (who is a great player) at the 4, but he is going to start for them at the 5 and be awesome. Dude is not proven at all.

I don't think anyone said he was going to be awesome, just that he will be a good player. IU doesn't need him to light it up, they have Morgan, they just need him to hold his own. Not sure what you're inferring about Landale, but he averaged 21 points and 10 rebounds, was the conference player of the year and a consensus second team All-American. He was very good.

Fitzner started every game as a freshman at St. Mary's, before Landale arrived, and averaged 8 points and 4 boards. Even if that's all he does at IU as a Senior, that would be sufficient. His numbers went down after his minutes dropped by 8 minutes a game. His per 40 minute numbers stayed pretty consistent. He's also shot over 40% from 3 his entire college career. He's proven what he is, not a star, but a solid player.

Reactions: KisteK

If you're going to base what underachievement is by comparing it to what the peegsters predicted....then yes, IU will probably underachieve almost every year. I hate Peegs, never go there, the posters on there know nothing and have their expectations too high. However, if you went to a more respectable place, like Inside the Hall, you would have seen Alex Bozich predict an 8th place conference finish last season. You would have seen posters say that IU will do better than the 12th place finish predicted by many sources, that they guessed Indiana would be in the middle 6 teams of the pack. You're generalizing the fan-base based on the idiots at Peegs, and I agree completely with your assessment of them. They are not the whole fan base though.

And as I've stated before, my prediction would be Indiana in the top 4, Purdue around 5 or 6. If I'm wrong on that prediction, you can crucify me later for it, but that's what I think.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone said he was going to be awesome, just that he will be a good player. IU doesn't need him to light it up, they have Morgan, they just need him to hold his own. Not sure what you're inferring about Landale, but he averaged 21 points and 10 rebounds, was the conference player of the year and a consensus second team All-American. He was very good.

Fitzner started every game as a freshman at St. Mary's, before Landale arrived, and averaged 8 points and 4 boards. Even if that's all he does at IU as a Senior, that would be sufficient. His numbers went down after his minutes dropped by 8 minutes a game. His per 40 minute numbers stayed pretty consistent. He's also shot over 40% from 3 his entire college career. He's proven what he is, not a star, but a solid player.

Long time lurker here. As a Purdue alum living in the Bay Area, St Mary's has kind of become my home away from home team since I've been out here as I'm less than 20 miles from their campus. Randy Bennett has built a fabulous program and I've enjoyed watching the way his teams play basketball. Jock Landale was a fantastic player and just yesterday signed with a Serbian club after turning down some non-guaranteed NBA jobs. Evan Fitzner was also a very strong and selfless player who willing accepted a lesser role once Jock came along. I think he will surprise a lot of teams in the B10 this year with his ability to stretch the floor and should be able to give the Hoosiers solid minutes in whatever role they have him playing.

Long time lurker here. As a Purdue alum living in the Bay Area, St Mary's has kind of become my home away from home team since I've been out here as I'm less than 20 miles from their campus. Randy Bennett has built a fabulous program and I've enjoyed watching the way his teams play basketball. Jock Landale was a fantastic player and just yesterday signed with a Serbian club after turning down some non-guaranteed NBA jobs. Evan Fitzner was also a very strong and selfless player who willing accepted a lesser role once Jock came along. I think he will surprise a lot of teams in the B10 this year with his ability to stretch the floor and should be able to give the Hoosiers solid minutes in whatever role they have him playing.
Aj Hammons shot just shy of 55% from 3 in college.
Let me repeat...Nobody is going to follow Fitzner out to the 3 point line.

Chuck away big guy!!!

Chuck away big guy!!!

Wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers, just stating what I've seen from Evan Fitzner, as I've seen St. Mary's play more than 30 times in the 5 years I've been out here. He was the perfect pick and pop player for the type of offense St. Mary's ran and shot a very effective % for such a high volume of shots. I don't pretend to know what kind of offense IU runs because I don't really follow them unless they are on national TV or playing Purdue, but Fitzner will make more uncontested 3's than he misses if teams are willing to give him that. AJ Hammons attempted 23 three pointers in his career at Purdue making 6, he didn't make a 3 pointer until his senior year going 6/11, your data isn't entirely accurate. Fitzner shot over 300 and connected on over 40% of them. That is efficient.

Chuck away big guy!!!
AJ shot 26% from 3 in college (54% his SR year).

He has a total of 23 attempts over 4 years.

Fitzner has over 300 3pt attempts. It's like saying teams wont follow Evan B out to the 3pt line because he's a big guy. I can guarentee that Purdue's gameplan when playing IU will INCLUDE not letting Fitzner get open 3s.

I know this thread wasn't meant to discuss Evan Fitzner's three point shooting ability but as a Boiler fan who has read this site for a couple months now and has personally seen Fitzner play on multiple occasions I felt obligated to post.

As far as my B10 predictions go, they are as follows
1. Michigan State
2. Michigan
3. Wisconsin
4. Nebraska
5. Purdue
6. Indiana
7. Maryland
8. Ohio State
9. Iowa
10. Penn State
11. Minnesota
12. Illinois
13. Northwestern
14. Rutgers

First team all-B10
Carsen Edwards POY
Ethan Happ
Juwan Morgan
Anthony Cowan
Jordan Murphy

I don't have a realistic grip on who the top 5 freshman will be as I haven't paid much attention to recruiting, but hard to fathom a scenario where Romeo Langford isn't one of the 5 best freshman in the B10, which seems to be a big argument on here.

I know this thread wasn't meant to discuss Evan Fitzner's three point shooting ability but as a Boiler fan who has read this site for a couple months now and has personally seen Fitzner play on multiple occasions I felt obligated to post.

As far as my B10 predictions go, they are as follows
1. Michigan State
2. Michigan
3. Wisconsin
4. Nebraska
5. Purdue
6. Indiana
7. Maryland
8. Ohio State
9. Iowa
10. Penn State
11. Minnesota
12. Illinois
13. Northwestern
14. Rutgers

First team all-B10
Carsen Edwards POY
Ethan Happ
Juwan Morgan
Anthony Cowan
Jordan Murphy

I don't have a realistic grip on who the top 5 freshman will be as I haven't paid much attention to recruiting, but hard to fathom a scenario where Romeo Langford isn't one of the 5 best freshman in the B10, which seems to be a big argument on here.
Predictions predictions opinions guesss hunches even arguments why off season bring about all kinds of thoughts and opinions but not FACTs. Season can’t come soon enough than we all with our predictions opinions thoughts guesses percentages stats of players and teams well no soon enough than all this will be put to bed. Last I check these teams do have to play the games and as we all are aware of so many many things can happen in a season on a team that changes all these opinions predictions stats conclusions etc. I no I can’t wait bring it on.

Reactions: Schnelk
AJ shot 26% from 3 in college (54% his SR year).

He has a total of 23 attempts over 4 years.

Fitzner has over 300 3pt attempts. It's like saying teams wont follow Evan B out to the 3pt line because he's a big guy. I can guarentee that Purdue's gameplan when playing IU will INCLUDE not letting Fitzner get open 3s.
You cannot guarantee that. Silly to even try. The guy will have to prove he can hit 3’s consistently for our center to follow him all the way out to the perimeter. Teams know that is what they want you to do and until a guy with an average of 8 points per game starts dropping rainbows, his shot is preferable over leaving Morgan or opening a lane for Romeo.

Reactions: Schnelk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT