ADVERTISEMENT

Post your preseason All-B1G basketball teams

You'll be banned soon enough, but I have no doubt Purdue is not going to be the worst shooting school in the B1G like you so ignorantly predicted.

Especially when Eastern embarrasses you.
I said one of the worst, not the worst. Reading isn't hard.

He definitely isn't one of the players I'm concerned about when we play. By that time, Hunter will probably have taken his starting spot.

My point still remains. Reading comprehension isn't that hard. Especially when you're the one making the post, I mean do you seriously need your own posts explained to you?
Lol now you are talking in circles. Either way, Purdue finishes in the bottom half of the big ten in FG made.

Except that I'm not. I am referencing your posts very directly, it's you that is sidestepping in typical loosier fashion and not understanding your own words.

He pretty clearly said, in his original post, "one of the worst", not THE worst. Then he specified a couple posts later that he meant bottom half of the BIG. Not sure what you're misunderstanding. Are you gonna follow through on that bet or not? I'm just having fun watching the back and forth. lol

For what it's worth, I don't really agree with baseball that Purdue will be in the bottom half of the BIG in 3pt shooting. It COULD happen, but I would never bet on it. I would say 5th or 6th in the league is more reasonable. Hard to know how much returners will improve and how Carsen's shooting will be effected without as many proven shooters around him.

Reactions: IUbaseball11
You seem to have no issue with your posters "picking" on IU players. If you have issue with what's posted here, maybe you do what most normal player parents do and stay off the message boards.
Man get a grip on yourself get off ur high horse you on a Purdue message board talking about Indiana basketball and For the records I don’t think it’s right for them either to talk about players on Indiana team either but you keep bringing my son name in this mess you absolutely look pathetic talking about a kid you don’t even no. You might wanna go on an Indiana message board a brag and boast about Indiana basketball instead you so caaught up in your own self doubt as a person you have to come on this board pump your chest out hide behind a screen name and think it’s ok to belittle my son good job for being an adult and handling things the right way by talking negative about a kid who has done nothing to you but you constantly downing him. I can do what I please has nothing to do with being a parent I’m a fan and I’m not on Indiana message board calling out any Indiana players like you are on this site. Oh by the way are you the parent of any players on that team bcuz you are an obsessed fan. Just leave my son name out of your mouth is all I’m asking you and many others will find out who he is when season began.

Reactions: BoiledSteel
He pretty clearly said, in his original post, "one of the worst", not THE worst. Then he specified a couple posts later that he meant bottom half of the BIG. Not sure what you're misunderstanding. Are you gonna follow through on that bet or not? I'm just having fun watching the back and forth. lol
I'm not misunderstanding anything, not sure why you're interjecting as you're failing at reading comprehension. I clearly stated in a post above about the bet and have just simply been quoting him and using his own posts against him.

I get it that you're an iu fan so you're a little slow, but try and keep up if you're going to inject yourself in to something that doesn't concern you.

Here is a direct link to where it all began before he confused himself with his own posts.

I'm not misunderstanding anything, not sure why you're interjecting as you're failing at reading comprehension. I clearly stated in a post above about the bet and have just simply been quoting him and using his own posts against him.

I get it that you're an iu fan so you're a little slow, but try and keep up if you're going to inject yourself in to something that doesn't concern you.

Here is a direct link to where it all began before he confused himself with his own posts.

Exactly....what you linked is where he said "One of the worst". Then you changed it to "The worst", and told him he can't read. He's followed the same line the whole time. Are you dumb?

It really amazes me that they fail to grasp that concept.

It still amazes me that you seemingly everyday remind the same two or three people they are posting on a Purdue board. Isn't doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result the definition of insanity. Does it need to be redefined?

It's an open internet forum. Not Purdue only. If people here are going to take shots at IU players, then I'm going to call out your players that are being severely overhyped.

It's a PURDUE forum, dumbazz. Yes, it's open, otherwise you wouldn't be posting here.

Goodness.

When the good Lord was passing out brains you must've thought he said "trains" and asked for a slow one.

Reactions: BoiledSteel
It's a PURDUE forum, dumbazz. Yes, it's open, otherwise you wouldn't be posting here.

Goodness.

When the good Lord was passing out brains you must've thought he said "trains" and asked for a slow one.

Better watch your mouth or I'm going to tell your mother not to let you upstairs for supper.

It still amazes me that you seemingly everyday remind the same two or three people they are posting on a Purdue board. Isn't doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result the definition of insanity. Does it need to be redefined?
Considering I am dealing with some slow iu people, it takes them that long to get it. Kind of like you, being a iu fan and all as well. Whats funny is you still think you're fooling anyone here.

Exactly....what you linked is where he said "One of the worst". Then you changed it to "The worst", and told him he can't read. He's followed the same line the whole time. Are you dumb?
Look I get that you lack reading comprehension and aren't able to keep up, but I have quoted his posts and yours and you still are missing the entire thing. You're trying to twist things around and avoiding the original topic just like iubaseball did. Hmmm how many ids do you have on here anyway?

I mean I literally linked the direct string and you still are missing it. But it is funny watching a mental midget like you and your iu brother try and dance around it all. I promise to type more slowly from here on out since you lack the mental capacity to keep up and comprehend things clearly. I do my best to refrain from getting this personal but good Lord you're an idiot. It's no wonder you could only get in to iu if you even got in to a college at all.

Last edited:
Considering I am dealing with some slow iu people, it takes them that long to get it. Kind of like you, being a iu fan and all as well. Whats funny is you still think you're fooling anyone here.

For as intelligent as you claim to be simply because you went to Purdue (you're not), you do have an odd way of showing it. You realize most of these IU people are simply f***ing with you because you act like a petulant child whenever they post, right? Like if you didn't respond to IUbaseball or gave him the time of day you realize he would post less and less right? Joke is on you pal. You flame each and every thread with your, "This is a Purdue forum dumbazz" comments which are no better than 99% of the troll IU comments on here.

Trust me, they aren't slow, they get it. They are getting a reaction out of you. Hypocritical to call someone slow when a quick look in the mirror would show slow looking back at you. It's you who doesn't get it. Keep trying though.

What an ignorant and unintelligent statement.

"Fitzner didn't even start on a bad St. Mary's team"

Evan Fitzner has started in 76 out of the 105 college games he's played in. By number, Evan Fitzner has started more D1 games than any player Purdue has returning next year. I don't know how any person person can say St. Mary's is a "bad" team. They were snubbed from the NCAAT after going 28-5 with a KenPom ranking of 32 and an RPI ranking of 46. They should have not only been in the tournament last year, they should have been comfortably in by any and all advanced metrics and should have been a 7 or 8 seed. This does not make St. Mary's bad, and the only reason Fitzner didn't start every game of his St. Mary's career is because he played behind Jock Lansdale, a second team AA who would have started anywhere else in the country.

"IU has no shooters or a big man"

Compared to who? Purdue? Juwan Morgan is the best returning front court player on either of the two teams and Evan Fitzner and De'Ron Davis are more proven at the 5 position than any combination of Haarm/Williams/Dowuona. As far as shooters? Yeah IU probably doesn't have as many "proven" shooters as Purdue, but outside Carsen Edwards, Purdue doesn't have anybody who is a proven volume shooter at the D1 level. And if you're going to include Boudreaux and Cline as proven shooters then you have to include Fitzner as a proven shooter because Fitzner is a better three point shooter than either of those two.
I don’t think I have ever seen anyone bite that hook as hard as you did. We already know Fitzner is a pretty good player and Morgan is a good shooter. What is a surprise is your lack of tracking that these are pretty well known facts on this board, and that you are so freaking quick to defend IU from an obvious trolling post.

Look I get that you lack reading comprehension and aren't able to keep up, but I have quoted his posts and yours and you still are missing the entire thing. You're trying to twist things around and avoiding the original topic just like iubaseball did. Hmmm how many ids do you have on here anyway?

I mean I literally linked the direct string and you still are missing it. But it is funny watching a mental midget like you and your iu brother try and dance around it all. I promise to type more slowly from here on out since you lack the mental capacity to keep up and comprehend things clearly. I do my best to refrain from getting this personal but good Lord you're an idiot. It's no wonder you could only get in to iu if you even got in to a college at all.

I've seen all your quotes, I've followed all your links.....you're the one that's dancing around trying to tell us how we don't understand without actually saying what you think we don't understand. baseball was clear in what he said. Then you twisted it to be what you wanted.

In your next post, why don't you DIRECTLY (in that message) quote what baseball said. Then DIRECTLY (in that message) quote what you said. Show us what we don't comprehend.

Never mind, you've shown that you refuse to do that, so I'll do it for you.

Here's what Baseball first said. Notice the bolded words that say "one of":
Purdue will be one of the worst shooting teams in the Big Ten. I wonder if Nojel Eastern will laughably put his name in the draft again after averaging 5 pts this year.

Here's where you bet that they wouldn't be one of the worst:
I'll take that bet that we won't be. What would care to wager? A grand? Your car? You stop posting here on every ID you are using?

Here's where Baseball warned and reminded you that he said "one of", and suggested you define what that means before you bet him:
One of the worst is a pretty subjective term. You better define that before making a bet.

Then since you didn't define it, he did. Saying "one of the worst" means bottom half of the BIG:
I'm saying Purdue is bottom half of the Big ten in 3pt fg made.

Here's where you retorted and misconstrued what he said. Notice the bolded words where you claimed Purdue is "not going to be the worst" in the BIG. No one ever claimed they would be, just that they would be in the bottom half of the league:
You'll be banned soon enough, but I have no doubt Purdue is not going to be the worst shooting school in the B1G like you so ignorantly predicted.

Especially when Eastern embarrasses you.

Now, where did us IU dummies misunderstand you, oh great intelligent Purdue fan? And by the way, just because someone is an IU basketball fan doesn't mean they went there, or that they're stupid. I have a Purdue Engineering degree, and work in that field, and from what I've seen of your posts, probably have a higher IQ than yourself.

Do you want to bet him that Purdue will be in the bottom half of the BIG in 3pt shooting? That's what he claimed. If you want to bet they won't be, sounds like he'll take that bet. If you want to bet they won't be THE WORST in the BIG in 3pt shooting, I assume he won't take that bet, because he never claimed that....ever....anywhere.

I don’t think I have ever seen anyone bite that hook as hard as you did. We already know Fitzner is a pretty good player and Morgan is a good shooter. What is a surprise is your lack of tracking that these are pretty well known facts on this board, and that you are so freaking quick to defend IU from an obvious trolling post.

As a reminder, I've seen St. Mary's play almost 30 times in person during Fitzner's time there. What do you want me to say, "Yeah Fitzner sucks and St. Mary's is a bad team" simply because it fits the narrative that we can't be objective about anything IU related? I'm not going to do that simply because this is a "Purdue" board. You can say whatever you want on these boards, but don't be shocked to get called out when it's ridiculous and uninformed statement. It's not the first time the OP I was responding to has said that about Fitzner and SMC.

Man get a grip on yourself get off ur high horse you on a Purdue message board talking about Indiana basketball and For the records I don’t think it’s right for them either to talk about players on Indiana team either but you keep bringing my son name in this mess you absolutely look pathetic talking about a kid you don’t even no. You might wanna go on an Indiana message board a brag and boast about Indiana basketball instead you so caaught up in your own self doubt as a person you have to come on this board pump your chest out hide behind a screen name and think it’s ok to belittle my son good job for being an adult and handling things the right way by talking negative about a kid who has done nothing to you but you constantly downing him. I can do what I please has nothing to do with being a parent I’m a fan and I’m not on Indiana message board calling out any Indiana players like you are on this site. Oh by the way are you the parent of any players on that team bcuz you are an obsessed fan. Just leave my son name out of your mouth is all I’m asking you and many others will find out who he is when season began.
Don’t bite on this garbage. He is just trolling, and I think he is just trying to get you to bite. He doesn’t know you or your son. In fact he seems to know very little about basketball but that doesn’t seem to stop him from making a fool of himself here. Don’t go down that hole with him.

Last edited:
Reactions: BBG
This thread is one of the reasons I wish we had a lot more stringent rules and more thread closings/bannings.

Fist @BoiledSteel: You don't have to carry on with things, say your bit and let it go.

Second @cheeseman: You're splitting hairs. I get what you're saying but the whole topic is ambiguous at best and baseball11 opened the can of worms to begin with. He left a lot up to interpretation so you might want to start there instead. My advice though, stop stirring the pot as no one wins.

Last @ iubaseball11: I assume you've been banned before hence the 11 behind your name. Perhaps you should learn a lesson and that this IS a Purdue forum and people will post what they want and it WILL be Pro-Purdue here, just as it's pro-IU on peegs. Deal with it, but going after a player's parent is a no no.

To all three of you, just stop sending threads in to the toilet. It's old and tired and those of us that want to actually post about thins would appreciate you not creating a cesspool.

This thread is one of the reasons I wish we had a lot more stringent rules and more thread closings/bannings.

Fist @BoiledSteel: You don't have to carry on with things, say your bit and let it go.

Second @cheeseman: You're splitting hairs. I get what you're saying but the whole topic is ambiguous at best and baseball11 opened the can of worms to begin with. He left a lot up to interpretation so you might want to start there instead. My advice though, stop stirring the pot as no one wins.

Last @ iubaseball11: I assume you've been banned before hence the 11 behind your name. Perhaps you should learn a lesson and that this IS a Purdue forum and people will post what they want and it WILL be Pro-Purdue here, just as it's pro-IU on peegs. Deal with it, but going after a player's parent is a no no.

To all three of you, just stop sending threads in to the toilet. It's old and tired and those of us that want to actually post about thins would appreciate you not creating a cesspool.

I agree. I would like this thread to get back on target. That's why I tried to explain it to BoiledSteel in a way he could understand. I thought baseball clarified what he meant pretty well with his posts. But I do think his comment about Eastern was uncalled for. Anyone else care to post what their preseason BIG teams are?

I was originally IUbaseball10.

I took @meenie 's troll post that started this and turned it into a troll post of my own. Meenie is the only reason this thread is going on. Did I know what I posted was going to get a reaction? ABSOLUTELY.

I was originally IUbaseball10.

I took @meenie 's troll post that started this and turned it into a troll post of my own. Meenie is the only reason this thread is going on. Did I know what I posted was going to get a reaction? ABSOLUTELY.

To be fair, the very first post in this 14 page thread was a troll post when the original poster said Romeo Langford would not be one of the 5 best freshman in the B10 and used some irrelevant stat based on variables that won't translate to this year was half-assed used to justify such a ludicrous statement. The OP has posted the same drivel in multiple other threads across the Rivals sites trying to push the same narrative. Citing Romeo's career 35% from 3 without taking into context that a large majority of those shots were taken while doubled and sometimes tripled team is irrelevant, because none of those are high percentage shots. Romeo will finally be playing with other D1 athletes where there will be much more floor spacing where his team will actually be looking to run plays that are designed to a) get him open and/or b) put him in mismatches is entirely different than Romeo trying to shoot over 2 and 3 guys every time down the court like in high school. Those variables obviously were never considered in the OPs troll post because the OP obviously doesn't know what he is talking about or this narrative is never being pushed.

Reactions: herrli
To be fair, the very first post in this 14 page thread was a troll post when the original poster said Romeo Langford would not be one of the 5 best freshman in the B10 and used some irrelevant stat based on variables that won't translate to this year was half-assed used to justify such a ludicrous statement. The OP has posted the same drivel in multiple other threads across the Rivals sites trying to push the same narrative. Citing Romeo's career 35% from 3 without taking into context that a large majority of those shots were taken while doubled and sometimes tripled team is irrelevant, because none of those are high percentage shots. Romeo will finally be playing with other D1 athletes where there will be much more floor spacing where his team will actually be looking to run plays that are designed to a) get him open and/or b) put him in mismatches is entirely different than Romeo trying to shoot over 2 and 3 guys every time down the court like in high school. Those variables obviously were never considered in the OPs troll post because the OP obviously doesn't know what he is talking about or this narrative is never being pushed.
Let's be clear. The OP for this thread was NOT what I would consider a troll post. If you do, then perhaps you need to revisit what a troll post is. For example, Meanie's recent post about IU was pure troll bait, and best ignored. You know, the one you bit so hard on?

Mcgcbb, the OP, gave a reasoned and balanced view of next year's BIG. If he has trouble believing the hype around Romeo, he is not alone. He brought forward reasons and statistics to back up his position. That is not a troll post. It is a thoughtful and informative post. He has done well expressing his view point here.

Reactions: BBG and Purdue85

I don't think the original OP was a troll post. Although I agree he has pushed the Romeo narrative across rivals, as you said, so it's something he likes to talk about. I don't agree with his viewpoint, but he has a right to not put Romeo on his all frosh team if he wants to.

I think it's time to drop all the arguing and post more BIG predictions.

How about predictions for the Breakout Candidate list? Or most improved I guess you could call it.

I think Nojel and possible Haarms would be on my breakout list. Justin Smith and Devonte Green from IU. I'll need to think some more on the other teams, as I don't know their rosters as well.

Let's be clear. The OP for this thread was NOT what I would consider a troll post. If you do, then perhaps you need to revisit what a troll post is. For example, Meanie's recent post about IU was pure troll bait, and best ignored. You know, the one you bit so hard on?

Mcgcbb, the OP, gave a reasoned and balanced view of next year's BIG. If he has trouble believing the hype around Romeo, he is not alone. He brought forward reasons and statistics to back up his position. That is not a troll post. It is a thoughtful and informative post. He has done well expressing his view point here.

It is a troll post for the simple fact that he cherry picked one stat based on variables that is irrelevant to the next level. So what if he's a 35% three point shooter, unless the rules have changed, is there a caveat that states you must shoot above 35% to make the all-B10 freshman team? All that stat shows is that Romeo Langford isn't a knock down three point shooter, which nobody claimed he was to begin with. It wasn't well thought out, it was cherry picked to the max. Is he conveniently forgetting that Romeo is one of the most prolific scorers in the class that can score in a multitude of ways? LeBron James is a career 35% three point shooter. That by percentage isn't great or even average. Is anybody going to sit there and say, "hey leave LeBron James wide open outside the perimeter"? Of course not, because somebody of that skill set is still going to make more uncontested threes than not. That isn't a LeBron to Romeo comparison, but you're nuts if you don't think somebody of Romeo's skillset is going to make more uncontested threes than not.

That percentage doesn't factor in the way he was used in high school. It's a lot tougher to make a shot when you are doubled team every time the ball crosses half court. That isn't going to happen at IU. The fact that he still made 35% of low percentage threes while be guarded by 2 or 3 players is pretty damn remarkable. At this next level of competition, he isn't going to get that kind of treatment. He's going to get a lot more one on one matchups and actually be in an offense that is designed to get him open looks compared to high school where opposing teams Plan A, B, and C were to double and triple team him and force him to give up the ball and not let him get it back. A guy who is 6'5 with 6'10 wingspan with the kind of skillset that Romeo has is going to get a lot of favorable matchups next year and matchups that he will win more times than not. There's a reason why Romeo Langford is a consensus top 10 pick in every respectable mock draft. It's laughable to think he won't be one of the 5 best freshman in the B10 next year. Stating his three point % without giving any kind of context isn't a well thought opinion. It's cherry picking to the max to push a narrative.

My point was that there is nothing keeping me from posting here. If you guys want to keep taking shots at IU players, I will continue to take shots at your lesser players.

okay... i know the train is running a little slow, but nobody said anything about keeping you from posting here.

Nobody. We could go back and re-create what got us here, but it was you.

Try to keep up. We're not slowing down just for you.

Bullsh*t.

In fact, "the very first post in this 14 page thread" didn't even mention Romeo. It only omitted Romeo. (How DARE he.)

You might not agree with the list given, but it's only your interpretation in your mind that made it a 'troll post.'

Bullsh*t.

In fact, "the very first post in this 14 page thread" didn't even mention Romeo. It only omitted Romeo. (How DARE he.)

You might not agree with the list given, but it's only your interpretation in your mind that made it a 'troll post.'

Any list that omits a top 5 nationally ranked incoming freshman from a list of 5 best freshman in his own conference is a troll post. Would be the equivalent of omitting Carsen from the all-B10 list. Both would be opinions I may add, as well as troll posts.

Reactions: herrli
It is a troll post for the simple fact that he cherry picked one stat based on variables that is irrelevant to the next level. So what if he's a 35% three point shooter, unless the rules have changed, is there a caveat that states you must shoot above 35% to make the all-B10 freshman team? All that stat shows is that Romeo Langford isn't a knock down three point shooter, which nobody claimed he was to begin with. It wasn't well thought out, it was cherry picked to the max. Is he conveniently forgetting that Romeo is one of the most prolific scorers in the class that can score in a multitude of ways? LeBron James is a career 35% three point shooter. That by percentage isn't great or even average. Is anybody going to sit there and say, "hey leave LeBron James wide open outside the perimeter"? Of course not, because somebody of that skill set is still going to make more uncontested threes than not. That isn't a LeBron to Romeo comparison, but you're nuts if you don't think somebody of Romeo's skillset is going to make more uncontested threes than not.

That percentage doesn't factor in the way he was used in high school. It's a lot tougher to make a shot when you are doubled team every time the ball crosses half court. That isn't going to happen at IU. The fact that he still made 35% of low percentage threes while be guarded by 2 or 3 players is pretty damn remarkable. At this next level of competition, he isn't going to get that kind of treatment. He's going to get a lot more one on one matchups and actually be in an offense that is designed to get him open looks compared to high school where opposing teams Plan A, B, and C were to double and triple team him and force him to give up the ball and not let him get it back. A guy who is 6'5 with 6'10 wingspan with the kind of skillset that Romeo has is going to get a lot of favorable matchups next year and matchups that he will win more times than not. There's a reason why Romeo Langford is a consensus top 10 pick in every respectable mock draft. It's laughable to think he won't be one of the 5 best freshman in the B10 next year. Stating his three point % without giving any kind of context isn't a well thought opinion. It's cherry picking to the max to push a narrative.

Dude, you need to let it go. I don't care about his or your argument, but you're now just acting like a troll.

He didn't 'cherry pick' any stats with his first post. After you and the other IU trolls threw a hissy fit demanding Romeo be on the list, he attempted to explain. THAT brought in the stats you screeched over.

Relax. Let it go.

Dude, you need to let it go. I don't care about his or your argument, but you're now just acting like a troll.

He didn't 'cherry pick' any stats with his first post. After you and the other IU trolls threw a hissy fit demanding Romeo be on the list, he attempted to explain. THAT brought in the stats you screeched over.

Relax. Let it go.

Are you forgetting he’s posted the same thing on multiple other Rivals sites? He conveniently set up his argument for such. He knew omitting Romeo would garnish a reaction and was ready for it.

Are you forgetting he’s posted the same thing on multiple other Rivals sites? He conveniently set up his argument for such. He knew omitting Romeo would garnish a reaction and was ready for it.

I don't care. What's more, for the life of me I cannot fathom why you would, either.

Good grief, man! You're giving every indication of being obsessed.

You can chase him around the internet, and you can make a post with my mother in it if you want. It's an open forum, as I've been reminded. But that's not good on you.

You're incapable of tolerating another point of view.

It's that simple.

Ha. He’s more than entitled to an opinion. But just because you’re entitled to an opinion doesn’t mean a) it can’t be inaccurately formed by a bunch of BS and b) doesn’t mean it’s not trolling.

IUbaseball just gave a rather troll opinion that Purdue would be one of the worst shooting teams in the B10. He’s certainly entitled to that opinion but doesn’t mean it was a clear troll job. No difference for the OP. And FWIW, neither is going to happen, but there’s a much better chance that Purdue ends up one of the worst shooting teams in the B10 before Romeo isn’t named to all-freshman B10 team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT