ADVERTISEMENT

Phinisee

If that's what it takes. LOL. He's an upgrade over whats left at the end of the season. You knew I wouldn't be able to resist this thread!!
Sorry, RP sucks. If Painter is taking a guard from the portal, I hope he would be much better than that. Let's set our expectations a little higher.

• Haha
Reactions: boiler-deuce
Can you imagine, after having been exposed to that nonsense for so long, then going to a culture like Painter's...
I mean, that's a valid point, but you don't think Painter could make something out of this kid? Now, I'll just ask...what if he does offer and he comes here? Everyone going to rag on him? I hope like crazy Painter offers and he joins the program.

Reactions: indyogb and Poprudy
I mean, that's a valid point, but you don't think Painter could make something out of this kid? Now, I'll just ask...what if he does offer and he comes here? Everyone going to rag on him? I hope like crazy Painter offers and he joins the program.
Painter seems to make everyone better. I agree, he would become an All-B1G player.

I have a novel idea: Why don't we let Matt Painter fill his roster?
That's it. No more comments about players in the portal. No more comments about players we think we'd like to see wear a Purdue uniform. No more talk of how great some random high school player would be if we land them. That's how stupid that comment was. I'll continue with my opinion, that he'd be a great addition to this team next year.

Reactions: johnboiler123
It would be a nice way for him to finish his career. He was an 18 year old kid when he made the decision, who probably wishes he had made a different one. If he comes to Purdue I hope he has a great year. Watching him play last year I think he could use a little Boiler love. He did NOT look happy.

EHJ is moving on. Those two are terrible shooters. If they can’t shoot I at least want them to be good passers which they aren’t. I would rather Morton start at PG with IT backing up than Lander or Phinisee but I think we’ll have better options in the portal. Someone will want to come and be in great position to start for a winning team and with the good shooters we have at the 2-4 will see good potential to prove as a distributor.
I don’t understand why Hunter would not want to return. He’s the clear cut starting PG here if he comes back. What better option does he have for next year?

Reactions: pboiler18
Idk, if you can get over the former IU player issue, I think Phinisee would do pretty well in our offense. Morton could be the starter and Phinisee coming off the bench.

He’s be our best guard by far next year. If Painter doesn’t get 2 guards from the portal this year, he should be let go
I tried to fight it for CMP's sake, but you were right. I knew, we lacked toughness at the guard position, but tried to ignore it.

Some can say what they want, but you were right and you stuck with it. I'll give you props!

Unlike so many others, he graduated! Is it possible he wants to use his basketball skills to get a scholarship to attend graduate school at a different school? I would think by now he realizes he’s not going to be a star or get major minutes or start somewhere else? Could it possibly be his decision is academic oriented?

Reactions: indyogb
Not sure we should fish in that pond.

The rumors out of IU are that Fife complained about a lack of work ethic and effort among the coaching staff there, especially when it came to game preparation. Woodson only cared about an NBA style rotation and that his coaches could recruit. Scouting and prep weren’t priorities, and Woodson got tired of hearing from Fife how hard they worked and how they did things at MSU under Izzo in those areas. Then there are the player conduct issues, which apparently weren’t confined to the pre-game Hemp Hunt at Northwestern.

Why bring in any of those cultural flaws?

Normally I would say yes but for a team that struggled with shooting 3s Stewart was their best shooter and Durr provided meaningful minutes off the bench. I’m not sure they will find many bigs that will agree to play Durrs role and be an improvment but I do think they can find a starting wing that would be an improvement over Kopp and Stewart.
Stewart was absolutely awful and Michael Durr would lose a foot race against Betty White and he can't jump over a dollar bill. Both are addition thru subtraction.

Reactions: Pryght
Phinisee was never appreciated there to the extent that he should have been. He may be the most impactful loss, but, with the kid they have coming in, possibly not.
Wait, what? Phinisee, after getting kicked in the head his freshman year (dude was playing great before that happened, culminating in him hitting that long shot at the buzzer to beat Butler) was never the same and had about 2, maybe 3 really good games the next 3 years of his career at IU.

Literally only a couple of good games. I believe he went scoreless his last 4 games of this season, which is absolutely par for the course.

All 4 guys who have left IU since the St. Mary's loss can and will be easily upgraded.

Morton > Phinisee
Once again, I will not rag on a young man nor wish hum ill will. However, as my previous comment about Morton, I will continue to state that his skill traits are not at the level of BIG caliber. I was at the game last night and witnessed hid inability to be aggressive enough to work himself through picks or quick enough to "roll of the pick" and catch up with the switch. His shot his suspect because he doesn't let the ball roll off his fingertips and his wrist never rotates the outside when he releases the ball. What else can I say? Wish the young man the best of luck.

Once again, I will not rag on a young man nor wish hum ill will. However, as my previous comment about Morton, I will continue to state that his skill traits are not at the level of BIG caliber. I was at the game last night and witnessed hid inability to be aggressive enough to work himself through picks or quick enough to "roll of the pick" and catch up with the switch. His shot his suspect because he doesn't let the ball roll off his fingertips and his wrist never rotates the outside when he releases the ball. What else can I say? Wish the young man the best of luck.
Fair enough, but I would still take EM waaaaaaaay before IT on so many levels.

Wait, what? Phinisee, after getting kicked in the head his freshman year (dude was playing great before that happened, culminating in him hitting that long shot at the buzzer to beat Butler) was never the same and had about 2, maybe 3 really good games the next 3 years of his career at IU.

Literally only a couple of good games. I believe he went scoreless his last 4 games of this season, which is absolutely par for the course.

All 4 guys who have left IU since the St. Mary's loss can and will be easily upgraded.
No one will debate you on 3 of the 4 but Phinisee is still a loss. He was a good defender and IU did a great disservice to him by not developing him. He was a good kid and teammate and stuck it out 4 years and you are going to slam him. He and race are the only guys that stuck it out. You guys don’t deserve loyal players like Phinisee.

Give him consistent minutes before you jump to judge the kids ability. Would you be able to show off all your talents consistently playing spot minutes and out of position just to get on the floor? Same goes for Mr. Newman

No one will debate you on 3 of the 4 but Phinisee is still a loss. He was a good defender and IU did a great disservice to him by not developing him. He was a good kid and teammate and stuck it out 4 years and you are going to slam him. He and race are the only guys that stuck it out. You guys don’t deserve loyal players like Phinisee.
IU hasn’t developed a player since Victor Oladipo

Yes Phinisee should have been here. I would take him over IT all day long. Can get into the lane understands how to get the ball to a big and is a defender that doesn't allow penetration, unlike IT who continually run into the screen and expects help. RP will fight through the screen stepping into ball handlers path shooting arm and leg through the screen like Keady and Knight taught.

Not sure we should fish in that pond.

The rumors out of IU are that Fife complained about a lack of work ethic and effort among the coaching staff there, especially when it came to game preparation. Woodson only cared about an NBA style rotation and that his coaches could recruit. Scouting and prep weren’t priorities, and Woodson got tired of hearing from Fife how hard they worked and how they did things at MSU under Izzo in those areas. Then there are the player conduct issues, which apparently weren’t confined to the pre-game Hemp Hunt at Northwestern.

Why bring in any of those cultural flaws?
Way to spin it. Lmao.

Yes Phinisee should have been here. I would take him over IT all day long. Can get into the lane understands how to get the ball to a big and is a defender that doesn't allow penetration, unlike IT who continually run into the screen and expects help. RP will fight through the screen stepping into ball handlers path shooting arm and leg through the screen like Keady and Knight taught.
It wasn’t Phinisee or IT. It was Phinisee or Hunter. I’ll take Hunter.

Phinisee may not be a superstar, but he is a good player. I'd take him. I would be surprised if it happens, though.

IU hasn’t developed a player since Victor Oladipo
https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2Fl0HlPbwgMQTue5xAc%2Fgiphy.gif

Way to spin it. Lmao.
I watered it down, especially the parts about the toxic coaching staff issues. What a mess. RP seems like a good kid, but he’d have more trouble playing significant minutes at Purdue than he did at Indinia, and he wasn’t very effective ever there. Good defender but a very reluctant point, an uneven shooter, and a kid who often disappears on the offensive end. His time at IU hasn’t included much solid coaching, which wasn’t his fault.

Reactions: DAG10
I watered it down, especially the parts about the toxic coaching staff issues. What a mess. RP seems like a good kid, but he’d have more trouble playing significant minutes at Purdue than he did at Indinia, and he wasn’t very effective ever there. Good defender but a very reluctant point, an uneven shooter, and a kid who often disappears on the offensive end. His time at IU hasn’t included much solid coaching, which wasn’t his fault.
RP might end up at Ball State with Lewis. He'd help there for a year.

No you didn’t. You made sh!t up to fit your personal narrative. The RP part I agree with but the Fife stuff is just spin city. The injuries have really hurt him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT