ADVERTISEMENT

Painter apologist here/Challenge

I reject the budget and injury arguments. Did they have an impact, sure. We shouldn’t be in a position that one injury or budget constraints has catashpohic impact. How many of us have budget constraints we work with every year? You learn to adjust your style to get the same results. You also need to remember during the ‘budget years’, he was also dealing with some personal issues, which I believe had more of an impact.

The days of referring to a successful year as a 20+ win season are over. We have conditioned ourselves to accept it because we have grown accustomed to it for almost forty years. We have been a good program, but not even close to great. If you believe we’ve been great, you’re living in denial.

I would propose replacing our assistants with a great recruiter (a closer) and a great x’s and o’s coach. Those are his deficiencies. He can certainly spot untapped talent, but can’t close the deal. Until we correct those problems, we are subjected to a good program, not great. I want great!

I feel like this has been a 38 year experiment. It’s time!

Last edited:
Your mentality is exactly the problem with our program.
My mentality of pointing out your over exaggeration? I mean of course! It is all so clear now! Your mistakes are completely my fault! I hope baby Jesus will forgive my transgressions.

This whole notion that somehow because I am not over reacting is somehow hindering the program is just silly. You, me nor anyone on here has any power over basketball like that save not buying tickets to watch the games. Which isn't happening BTW. You're tossing out hyperbole like it's fact when in reality things are not nearly as dire as your overly emotional take would have us believe. Sorry.

Reactions: BBG
My mentality of pointing out your over exaggeration? I mean of course! It is all so clear now! Your mistakes are completely my fault! I hope baby Jesus will forgive my transgressions.

This whole notion that somehow because I am not over reacting is somehow hindering the program is just silly. You, me nor anyone on here has any power over basketball like that save not buying tickets to watch the games. Which isn't happening BTW. You're tossing out hyperbole like it's fact when in reality things are not nearly as dire as your overly emotional take would have us believe. Sorry.
two things. 1) I prefer to believe that his or her post was made in haste, not an intended logical application of the available data (we all can do that from time to time). 2) THAT said it is quite easy to see in the country Sowell's words of truth...

Thomas Sowell‏@ThomasSowell Sep 29
"Our whole educational system, from the elementary schools to the universities, is increasingly turning out people who have never heard enough conflicting arguments to develop the skills and discipline required to produce a coherent analysis, based on logic and evidence."

Reactions: BBG

Sorry I don’t conform to your satisfaction of mediocrity. My apologies. You are so clouded by your judgement, you can’t see anyone else’s view. I don’t believe I ever made a claim that the situation was dire. I only stated that people that have liked the last fourteen years, good news, there is more to come. A few down years, a couple SS, a couple 25+ win seasons, maybe a Big title, a couple first round losses to LR, and mediocrity. We know how this story ends, you just don’t want to admit it. Gene, is that you?

I’ve got another question. We just came off one of the best seasons in school history, do you think CMP will parlay this into success on the recruiting trail?

Reactions: bonefish1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT