ADVERTISEMENT

The reality for Purdue basketball for the next 7-10 years.

You are too much. In a thread about the relative quality of Big Ten coaches your contribution is that IU is racist because Woodson is only paid $3 million and they would have offered Brad Stevens more. Everything else from you is off-topic nasty about who likes Trump or the Vietnam War.
You've just been saying how great Woody is, but yet you don't think he is worth more than a less-experienced white guy? That's racist.

You better be careful or some twitter account will make fun of you. You know how sensitive you are. It might push you into your comfort zone of hysteria.

Reactions: Poprudy
You've just been saying how great Woody is, but yet you don't think he is worth more than a less-experienced white guy? That's racist.

You better be careful or some twitter account will make fun of you. You know how sensitive you are. It might push you into your comfort zone of hysteria.
Here’s to you doubling down on self-ownership.

Ma'am, it's clear we were discussing you. Good day, my lady.
I am a Purdue grad, so it was 'clear' only in your muddled mind.

The Purdue fan of your post obviously is h2, or he wouldn't be hanging around the Purdue forums all the time.

After sleeping on it and still waking up pissed off, I think I’ve come to the realization that Painter won’t be fired or resign. We’re likely to have him as HC for the next 7 (25 yrs as HC) to 10 years.
He’ll continue to do what he’s done which is have middle of the pack recruiting because he’ll recruit system players and not talent, he’ll win 20 games and finish upper half B10, make the tourney and maybe get to a few S16s but unlikely to go deeper and almost guaranteed not to get a NC. He won’t change his defensive or offensive philosophies and his teams will always be athletically a step slower than top teams.
To some, they’d feel satisfied and consider that a successful run. They believe Purdue has inherent recruiting disadvantages and we’ll never be considered a top school for talent. These same people are afraid of what would happen if we changed coaches and believe Painter is the best Purdue will ever do.

To others, they appreciate what Painter has done to this point but believe Purdue can do better and a change in culture is needed.

To the administration, they probably feel that as long as there are asses in the seats and the program is sound financially, then winning in March isn’t really the goal, it’s just gravy.

Where do you stand?

I know where I am. Time for a change…..
Comfortable is the enemy of greatness...

IU fan that doesn't come to flame but to offer an outside perspective. Purdue is in a unique situation: you have a coach known for off-season player development, the program does well in the B10 and wins conference championships, and has garnered Purdue a lot of attention this season with repeated #1 rankings and POY.

Compare that to IU's coach Miller that had the program in a spiral, destroyed the in-state rivalry by not being competitive, and basically floundered but yet, a good size contingent of fans argued to give him more time right up until he was fired (Thank God).

For those Purdue fans that want CMP gone, yours is an uphill challenge based on the above reasons I gave about the state of the program. Uphill because you don't need to fire CMP first, you will need to find a new athletic director first and then make changes at the coaching helm. Probably not going to happen because, as I wrote, comfortable is the enemy of greatness and Purdue's administration is quite comfortable and probably very pleased (last night's performance aside) with the basketball program and the trajectory it is on.

Next question: what is CMP's buyout and who is on your list? More importantly, how would you convince him to stay? Seems like any coach might always be looking over his shoulder if CMP were fired after this season.

Just my take as an outsider and program rival.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
I am a Purdue grad, so it was 'clear' only in your muddled mind.

The Purdue fan of your post obviously is h2, or he wouldn't be hanging around the Purdue forums all the time.
Look, I'm purposely a dick because things need to be stirred up. Purdue fans are typically thin skinned nerds who are afraid of discussion. So hate on me but listen to a guy like bonefish. Things need to change.

Let me rephrase, never beat a team seeded more than 1 seed higher (toss up game) but has lost to teams seeded up to 15 spots lower.
What’s that tell you?
No need to convince me, I am strictly in the “we need to let painter go if he doesn’t make changes” camp. Was on the fence the last few years but this was the straw that broke the camels back

Anyone that could stop the culture / whatever behavior Painter does that keeps long athletic players from coming to (and staying at) Purdue would be a better option at this point.

How did our players look like co rec
Players against a borderline DII school with 15 losses?
Why would any Athletic guard want to play for any team that uses an outdated offensive system (feed post/kick out to shooter) that the next level (NBA) has moved away from?

I care even if you don't. I am interested in the market value of buying up teenagers.

Pack's value was 400k per year.
So? What does it cost you personally to give a player NIL money?
You do know Edey is paid, right?

Comfortable is the enemy of greatness...

IU fan that doesn't come to flame but to offer an outside perspective. Purdue is in a unique situation: you have a coach known for off-season player development, the program does well in the B10 and wins conference championships, and has garnered Purdue a lot of attention this season with repeated #1 rankings and POY.

Compare that to IU's coach Miller that had the program in a spiral, destroyed the in-state rivalry by not being competitive, and basically floundered but yet, a good size contingent of fans argued to give him more time right up until he was fired (Thank God).

For those Purdue fans that want CMP gone, yours is an uphill challenge based on the above reasons I gave about the state of the program. Uphill because you don't need to fire CMP first, you will need to find a new athletic director first and then make changes at the coaching helm. Probably not going to happen because, as I wrote, comfortable is the enemy of greatness and Purdue's administration is quite comfortable and probably very pleased (last night's performance aside) with the basketball program and the trajectory it is on.

Next question: what is CMP's buyout and who is on your list? More importantly, how would you convince him to stay? Seems like any coach might always be looking over his shoulder if CMP were fired after this season.

Just my take as an outsider and program rival.
Disagree. Our AD is 5 years In. He made a highly unconventional hire in our new football coach. He could do the same in basketball. He won’t, but he could and should.

Reactions: clankhan
How do you know what I’m doing? I might be making arrangements with the Colvin family that don’t involve Purdue.
Well you failed to bring Pack here a year ago, so no reason to assume you would be doing any differently this year.

Well you failed to bring Pack here a year ago, so no reason to assume you would be doing any differently this year.
I made the offer, he said he didn’t want to play for Painter and only play offense through the low post. I did my job.

I get sick and tired of hearing "recruiting advantage" as an excuse... How does Eric Musslman recruit 3, 5 star players to an Arkansas team that has won 2 conference championships EVER?... It's not as much school as coach. Sure these coaches aren't so easy to find and you can look at IU to figure that out. However, there are certainly good coaches to be had who would also be able to recruit to Purdue. IMO if he wanted CMP could recruit higher rated more athletic players but he just chooses not to. I understand the idea of why but it isn't a strategy that is going to take Purdue any further than they currently are... When you recruit system players and that system overloads their abilities this is the result... It's why you see at the beginning of the season a lot of success. These system players are easily coachable in the beginning of the season and they come out ahead of the curve. But as the season moves forward their "ceiling" gets found pretty early. Other teams find the weak spots and go after them. This is when Purdue begins to struggle and then gets exposed in the tourney. There is also a major mentality issue as when things start to go bad they really start snowball. This is CMP through and through. The adjustments can't be made because players begin overthinking. This is also a result of the gap in talent. Highly talented teams can make those on the fly adjustments.
You raise a good question. How does Musslman do it? I'd like to know.

Disagree. Our AD is 5 years In. He made a highly unconventional hire in our new football coach. He could do the same in basketball. He won’t, but he could and should.
Purdue football and basketball - do you think the situation is even similar? Brohm at Purdue did not reach the level that Painter has with the basketball program. Much easier for the AD to do when your coach bolts for his alma mater.

After sleeping on it and still waking up pissed off, I think I’ve come to the realization that Painter won’t be fired or resign. We’re likely to have him as HC for the next 7 (25 yrs as HC) to 10 years.
He’ll continue to do what he’s done which is have middle of the pack recruiting because he’ll recruit system players and not talent, he’ll win 20 games and finish upper half B10, make the tourney and maybe get to a few S16s but unlikely to go deeper and almost guaranteed not to get a NC. He won’t change his defensive or offensive philosophies and his teams will always be athletically a step slower than top teams.
To some, they’d feel satisfied and consider that a successful run. They believe Purdue has inherent recruiting disadvantages and we’ll never be considered a top school for talent. These same people are afraid of what would happen if we changed coaches and believe Painter is the best Purdue will ever do.

To others, they appreciate what Painter has done to this point but believe Purdue can do better and a change in culture is needed.

To the administration, they probably feel that as long as there are asses in the seats and the program is sound financially, then winning in March isn’t really the goal, it’s just gravy.

Where do you stand?

I know where I am. Time for a change…..
Since the loss, you have been posting non-stop, and it is pretty much the same thing in each post. I try not to post after a loss because like you, I might post stupid things. However, Unlike you who can’t resist the “I told you so” garbage. It seems you have decided to be our own home-grown troll. Please stop.

Since the loss, you have been posting non-stop, and it is pretty much the same thing in each post. I try not to post after a loss because like you, I might post stupid things. However, Unlike you who can’t resist the “I told you so” garbage. It seems you have decided to be our own home-grown troll. Please stop.
I’m at a girls volleyball tourney all weekend. I’m trying to stay entertained. And no, I won’t stop. If you don’t like it, don’t read it.

How do you know what I’m doing? I might be making arrangements with the Colvin family that don’t involve Purdue.
Because you are a blowfish. All air and bluster. You claim to be a highly successful business man who expects the team to meet the goals you say you set for them, but you have no skin in the game. You complain that Purdue loses players to NIL, and you blame Painter, while you could fix it with just a little bit of your immense wealth. lol

Give me wins in March. Could care less about the conference. B10 hasn’t won a NC for 25 years. Not a strong conference nationally.
Agree the B1G has systemic issues that are preventing March success…among them are-
1. Officiating bball like it’s pro wrestling (physical, yes, but bonus points for cheating and eye gouging). It’s comically bad basketball, and it creates rigid team patterns that are easy to exploit. I.e. 40 minute press Purdue with zero fouls, wow, couldn’t see that coming.
2. The B1G grind isn’t improved by the last conference tournament to wrap each year
3. The regular season grind just doesn’t make for good basketball, cut the # of games…play more non-conference opponents

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT