ADVERTISEMENT

The reality for Purdue basketball for the next 7-10 years.

Sorry, because of 1 favored win? I'm not an apologist here, but you can do better....Izzo...yes!
Anyone that could stop the culture / whatever behavior Painter does that keeps long athletic players from coming to (and staying at) Purdue would be a better option at this point.

How did our players look like co rec
Players against a borderline DII school with 15 losses?

Reactions: bonefish1
Next year's class looks great? It looks like a Purdue class.

That's like saying IU could lost to Michigan twice, Illinois, Rutgers, Minnesota and Xavier.

X was/is not your best PG and has never been. Don't bull crap the audience here. X got this team crushed by St Mary's last year. You would also be taking the ball out of the NBA caliber PG in Schifino. That wouldn't be a smart idea. He needs the ball in his hands and adds more than a hot headed X.
Thanks-a better response.

Let’s start with this; Gabe Cupps is kind of a 6’2” low turnover Braden Smith. A much higher rated player.

Jakai Newton would have been the best athlete on Purdue last night, and it wouldn’t have been close. He’s like Colvin athleticism only a level headed kid and great student.

And IU still has three spots to fill. The portal is part of an incoming class, and high level portal guys will see that Woodson is putting two guys into the first round. Pretty attractive.

X most certainly was our best point guard. Hood Schifino is certainly a better basketball player. They would have played together this year. X had a bad game against St Mary’s? Yup—that’s anecdotal. He was great against Purdue both times last year if you want anecdotal.

Reactions: Middawg
Anyone that could stop the culture / whatever behavior Painter does that keeps long athletic players from coming to (and staying at) Purdue would be a better option at this point.

How did our players look like co rec
Players against a borderline DII school with 15 losses?
IU has 2 guards coming in outside of the top 100. We have a freak athlete ranked in the top 50 and back that up next class is a freak athlete top 20 recruit and may move up. IU will lose TJD, most likely Schifino, Koop, Thompson and maybe X(6 years... yikes). Unless, they hit the transfer portal big time. They don't look appealing to the eye next year.

IU has 2 guards coming in outside of the top 100. We have a freak athlete ranked in the top 50 and back that up next class is a freak athlete top 20 recruit and may move up. IU will lose TJD, most likely Schifino, Koop, Thompson and maybe X(6 years... yikes). Unless, they hit the transfer portal big time. They don't look appealing to the eye next year
I’m not going to even bother listing all of our “top choices” we struck out on (both from the portal and high school)

It is more substantive than your typical response, HoosierHysteria.

A million deaths is just a statistic, right?
Are you implying that Mike Woodson or Matt Painter is the coaching equivalent of a million deaths?

Otherwise, so completely off topic. You should save that stuff for the political board or your IU board posts.

Let’s start with this; Gabe Cupps is kind of a 6’2” low turnover Braden Smith. A much higher rated player.

Jakai Newton would have the best athlete on Purdue last night, and it wouldn’t have been close. He’s like Colvin athleticism only a level headed kid and great student.

And IU still has three spots to fill. The portal is part of an incoming class, and high level portal guys will see that Woodson is putting two guys into the first round. Pretty attractive.

X most certainly was our best point guard. Hood Schifino is certainly a better basketball player. They would have played together this year. X had a bad game against St Mary’s? Yup—that’s anecdotal. He was great against Purdue both times last year if you want anecdotal.
Newton is coming off an injury and he's not near the basketball player Colvin is. Also, quit spewing crap about his attitude. I talk to an agent/AAU coach and he squarely put the blame on a horrible coach that couldn't coach.... period. I trust this guy to a T. Same guy that said Travyn was going to transfer to IU after the Bama win. He was in the damn locker room.

Reactions: clankhan

Jakai Newton would have been the best athlete on Purdue last night, and it wouldn’t have been close. He’s like Colvin athleticism only a level headed kid and great student.

How much did Hood Schifino cost?

In all fairness I think they beat Tennessee (2) and Washington (4)
Let me rephrase, never beat a team seeded more than 1 seed higher (toss up game) but has lost to teams seeded up to 15 spots lower.
What’s that tell you?

Reactions: clankhan
I presume you can't be this ignorant but will enlighten you as your Woodson cherry picked narrative that you're spreading for this entire IU season is lacking such important context.

IU was the most injured team in the high major NCAA and it's not even close.

Woodson was a big part of overcoming this injury riddled season for IU, most would agree that takes some high level coaching accumen behind the scenes that you are dismissing.

Injuries -

TJD -. 6 weeks of playing at 65-70% due to his lower back injury

Xavier Johnson - Injured in game in early Dec, out the remainder of the season.

JHS - Out for the month of Dec.

Race - Injured in game Jan- "Out" a month to 6 weeks

Galloway - played with an injured wrist in Nov/Dec. Limited in the off-season due to an injury late last season and off season surgery.

Bench/role players. -. Geronimo leg in Feb., Leal hobbled in Dec with a leg, our bench big Duncomb, out seemingly the entire season with illness.

I won't go into the unbalanced BT schedule that occurred between our two programs, as I believe the final separation in final BT standings for Purdue makes it too subjective for debate and is only a footnote in the context of league standings for '23.
omg Woody is a moron who had his best player on the bench and was starting X. Lady luck forced his inept hands into playing JHS and it changed iu's season. Also has no recruits coming in. iu will SUCK next year.

Are you implying that Mike Woodson or Matt Painter is the coaching equivalent of a million deaths?

Otherwise, so completely off topic. You should save that stuff for the political board or your IU board posts.
You know what I am referring to, Mr. TDS.

Simply pointing out your vast hypocrisy in talking about 'substantive' comments.

Reactions: Poprudy
Who cares? I wish Purdue would pay our players.
If Edey stays, you don’t think he’s getting paid?
I care even if you don't. I am interested in the market value of buying up teenagers.

Pack's value was 400k per year.

Newton is coming off an injury and he's not near the basketball player Colvin is. Also, quit spewing crap about his attitude. I talk to an agent/AAU coach and he squarely put the blame on a horrible coach that couldn't coach.... period. I trust this guy to a T. Same guy that said Travyn was going to transfer to IU after the Bama win. He was in the damn locker room.
Fair enough on Colvin; I have no personal knowledge of his attitude and apparently you do.

But even off of an injury Newton is ranked higher and against much better competition. He’s already playing again, will be over a year past the injury at IU, and he won’t be counted on for anything but learning next year as he’ll be behind a quality portal guy, Galloway, Bates, and Gunn at the 2/3.

You know what I am referring to, Mr. TDS.

Simply pointing out your vast hypocrisy in talking about 'substantive' comments.
Nope. On the political board when you sling poison I respond.

This is not the political board. How do you feel about Painter vs Woodson?

I feel like when mathboy was being a racist against Casey for being a Jew that was out of line.

Fair enough on Colvin; I have no personal knowledge of his attitude and apparently you do.

But even off of an injury Newton is ranked higher and against much better competition. He’s already playing again, will be over a year past the injury at IU, and he won’t be counted on for anything but learning next year as he’ll be behind a quality portal guy, Galloway, Bates, and Gunn at the 2/3.
I've really noticed you sugar coat stuff, but what updated recruiting site are you possibly using?

I only use 247 which is probably the most distinguished, but even the composite you're off.
Myles Colvin
247: 48th
Composite:98
Newton
247: 107
Composite: 108

Reactions: HoosierfanJM
omg Woody is a moron who had his best player on the bench and was starting X. Lady luck forced his inept hands into playing JHS and it changed iu's season. Also has no recruits coming in. iu will SUCK next year.
Educate me. Who was IU’s “best player” that Woodson had on the bench?

Most would say that IU’s best players have been Trayce Jackson Davis and Jalen Hood Schifino. Both missed time with injuries and were on the bench then.

Unless you think that Galloway is IU’s best player because yes, before X got hurt he did not start.

Also, IU’s incoming class is far from done. The last two years we picked up top 50 players in April, and it’s also safe to say that IU will add at least one portal kid.

Between IU and Purdue, it’s very safe to say that the most impactful addition isn’t on IU’s roster yet.

Last edited:
I've really noticed you sugar coat stuff, but what updated recruiting site are you possibly using?

I only use 247 which is probably the most distinguished, but even the composite you're off.
Myles Colvin
247: 48th
Composite:98
Newton
247: 107
Composite: 108
Apologies—just re-checked and your numbers are right.

Newton was substantially downgraded when he missed time

Educate me. Who was IU’s “best player” that Woodson had on the bench?

Most would say that IU’s best players have been Trayce Jackson Davis and Jalen Hood Schifino. Both missed time with injuries and were on the bench then.

Unless you think that Galloway is IU’s best player because yes, before X got hurt he did not start.
Why would you possibly play Schifino and X at the same time. Both are not square up shooters. IU would have struggled to make shots or run consistent plays. They both are on ball players? I like Schifino running the point, but wouldn't trust X to hit shots off the ball.

Nope. On the political board when you sling poison I respond.

This is not the political board. How do you feel about Painter vs Woodson?
Quick reminder for you, you slung the absurd comment that a certain recent president who was not responsible for ~800k deaths in Asia, or any deaths from stupid wars, was the worst pres in 150 years. But now you are here talking about 'substance".

No comment about Painter and Woody, other than I am surprised Woody didn't sue IU for discrimination if it is correct iu was prepared to offer a young white guy with far less experience twice as much as Woody to coach the clownpants. That was racist.

Quick reminder for you, you slung the absurd comment that a certain recent president who was not responsible for ~800k deaths in Asia, or any deaths from stupid wars, was the worst pres in 150 years. But now you are here talking about 'substance".

No comment about Painter and Woody, other than I am surprised Woody didn't sue IU for discrimination if it is correct iu was prepared to offer a young white guy with far less experience twice as much as Woody to coach the clownpants. That was racist.
Have you ever seen the Message Board Geniuses Twitter account? If they’re watching Purdue today you are a candidate to be going national!

Doesn’t surprise me that Reality wouldn’t be one of your choices… “de plane de plane!”
Unlike you, it's not a "choice" but a "given". Pretty much taken for granted. You just chose a non choice lane. You went in the ditch since we're talking in metaphors. LOL

Why would you possibly play Schifino and X at the same time. Both are not square up shooters. IU would have struggled to make shots or run consistent plays. They both are on ball players? I like Schifino running the point, but wouldn't trust X to hit shots off the ball.
They did exactly that until Johnson got hurt.

Xavier gets to the rim like no other guard on IU, and Woody values defense. X is IU’s best perimeter defender. And though he’s volatile, he also fearless and plays angry. That’s a two way street but overall a very good thing.

Shooting? X was about 38% from three on volume last year, and was about 38% from three on volume again this year. That’s a shooter

He is an enormous loss for IU, but is likely to be back next year.

Last edited:
Not surprised. You’re probably in the “everyone deserves a trophy” camp.
The person who has complained for years that they deserve a banner is you. YOU deserve a banner. You would hire known cheaters if it would get you the banner you deserve. You have no skin in the game, but you sit in the back row and yell that it is an injustice for you not to have a banner, and everyone else should join you in your outrage. You posted that you hope the top recruits committed to Purdue change their minds. A typically childish response to a loss from you. I wonder how long you held your breath in protest last night.

If you believe that Painter will continue to rob you of your rightful banner for the next 7-10 years and you're still here, then you must love to be miserable.

Reactions: Riveting-
Unlike you, it's not a "choice" but a "given". Pretty much taken for granted. You just chose a non choice lane. You went in the ditch since we're talking in metaphors. LOL
I’m not driving the car, and neither are you. Otherwise you’d be on the phone with BOT folks and not on this message board.

Have you ever seen the Message Board Geniuses Twitter account? If they’re watching Purdue today you are a candidate to be going national!
Thanks for another substantive reply. Yes, I had better be careful about what some twitter account says. Thanks for the warning, H2.

I know you want to try and use money as an excuse or the fact that Purdue isn’t close to a beach, but those are just that; apologists excuses.
But just for fun, let’s say I did call MBob and told him I’d cover the buy out if Painter were let go this week. What would he say?
Call him and find out. Why wait? You have always talked a good game. You wanted Painter to cheat in recruiting, but now that YOU can legally make a difference with NIL, you continue to just blow. You say you hope NIL steps in to get the good players. Back row Blowfish.

Reactions: Riveting-
Thanks for another substantive reply. Yes, I had better be careful about what some twitter account says. Thanks for the warning, H2.
You are too much. In a thread about the relative quality of Big Ten coaches your only contribution is that IU is racist because Woodson is only paid $3 million and they would have offered Brad Stevens more. Everything else from you is off-topic nasty about who likes Trump or the Vietnam War.

Focus——-focus.

Last edited:
Who cares? I wish Purdue would pay our players.
If Edey stays, you don’t think he’s getting paid?
Purdue can't pay "our" players. But you can. Legally. But you're too busy whining and posturing that the world owes you a banner.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT