ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Xavier Johnson out rest of this season, to seek medical waiver to return for 2023-24

Do Dah Day

All-American
Nov 8, 2015

Xavier Johnson out rest of this season, to seek medical waiver to return for 2023-24​

How likely is it that he gets it? He played 11 games that seems like a lot to me, but I don’t know the actual rule.

He’ll
Probably get it, let’s be honest, kid is a mediocre player. He adds experience and toughness, however, makes bad turnovers and can’t shoot at all.

How likely is it that he gets it? He played 11 games that seems like a lot to me, but I don’t know the actual rule.

Indiana would apply for it, IIRC.

Must be season-ending due to injury - limits are no more than 30% of games and can't have played in 2nd half of season.

Assuming the medical professional documentation is in order, I would think the waiver would be granted for 23/24 season.

Indiana would apply for it, IIRC.

Must be season-ending due to injury - limits are no more than 30% of games and can't have played in 2nd half of season.

Assuming the medical professional documentation is in order, I would think the waiver would be granted for 23/24 season.
It is said he has played in 11 games this season. IU would need to win a few post season games to go from tomorrow’s season ending 31 games, to get to 30%, 37 games played mark. But with the NCAA’s lack of backbone….

It is said he has played in 11 games this season. IU would need to win a few post season games to go from tomorrow’s season ending 31 games, to get to 30%, 37 games played mark. But with the NCAA’s lack of backbone….

Yes - looking at the math.....that may be a problem - don't know if there is discretion if it's that close. On the other hand, it's certainly possible that Indiana could end up playing that many post-season games or more.

It’s 30% not counting post-season, which he will not get to. But there have been waivers, and I’d guess IU has done some outreach and looked at similar cases to believe that is likely to be approved.

He’ll
Probably get it, let’s be honest, kid is a mediocre player. He adds experience and toughness, however, makes bad turnovers and can’t shoot at all.
So as a Purdue fan you’re hoping he gets a waiver in the sense that it is bad for IU’s roster and talent level?

So as a Purdue fan you’re hoping he gets a waiver in the sense that it is bad for IU’s roster and talent level?
I hope he gets it because it will have half of Hoosier fans claiming "We're back!" and "With XJ we will win the NCAA championship".

• Haha
Reactions: BoilerAndy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT