ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State v. Purdue Game Thread

Wasn't always artistic at times, but the result looks darn good now. Boilers need to get their rest and tighten up the possessions. After the Crossroads Classic:

@ Iowa, Maryland, @ Rutgers, @ Illinois.....welcome to the conference gauntlet.

Nice win Boilers, for shits and giggles I played under Edey 12.5 Points for $20, and over Sasha 10.5 for $20, Sasha had 10 points 8 minutes in and didn't score again lol. Still happy though, future is really bright!

Reactions: jmohlman
Nice win Boilers, for shits and giggles I played under Edey 12.5 Points for $20, and over Sasha 10.5 for $20, Sasha had 10 points 8 minutes in and didn't score again lol. Still happy though, future is really bright!
Imagine had you taken Purdue -7 and then watching us miss the front end of two one and ones to keep it at 7??

Wasn't always artistic at times, but the result looks darn good now. Boilers need to get their rest and tighten up the possessions. After the Crossroads Classic:

@ Iowa, Maryland, @ Rutgers, @ Illinois.....welcome to the conference gauntlet.
We settle down on the turnovers after the first five minutes and the rest of the game was much different. Think about if we didn’t have those early quick turnovers we probably go up 12 or 13 points early on and maybe the game isn’t even close. The future looks bright

Reactions: purduepat1969
I agree, Wheeler never gets in a squatting position and seems to stand straight up on defense. Gillis is young and needs minutes but he will be a stud for us. Just an all around gritty player.
I had my frustrations with him last year and early this year because he wasn’t using his God-given talent, he was trying to hard to figure it out. I really like how Coach plays guys like him to go give him a chance to figure it out“ and that’s what seems to be happening and it will be to the entire team‘s benefit. He will play for quite a few years overseas when he’s done here

Reactions: Poprudy
I had my frustrations with him last year and early this year because he wasn’t using his God-given talent, he was trying to hard to figure it out. I really like how Coach plays guys like him to go give him a chance to figure it out“ and that’s what seems to be happening and it will be to the entire team‘s benefit. He will play for quite a few years overseas when he’s done here
I like the fact that Wheeler's starting to play under the basket a bit more rather than wandering around the 3 point line. He still has a lot of work to do. But his last couple of games have been night and day vs last year.

I like the fact that Wheeler's starting to play under the basket a bit more rather than wandering around the 3 point line. He still has a lot of work to do. But his last couple of games have been night and day vs last year.
Which is really what he did his first year. I am fully convinced his issues last year were caused by his room mate and getting in to his head as it were.

Reactions: purduepat1969
Which is really what he did his first year. I am fully convinced his issues last year were caused by his room mate and getting in to his head as it were.
Having the four, whether it be Wheeler or Gillis, sneak into the weak side when Tre gets the ball and gets doubled is a great move by Painter. I love watching Tre dropping dimes. Best passing big at Purdue since Brad Miller.

I like Wheeler as a 7th/8th man, he's not a 25-30 minute a game player, 10-15 minute is perfect, next year he might not like it, however, doubtful at this point that he becomes a 30 min player, this is his 4th year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT