ADVERTISEMENT

Nice article on Shrewsberry

Good read. Says it’s a different place than what he left 6 years ago. Also talks about the loyalty of Coach Painter,etc

THIS.

This is what most people don't seem to get: there's a substantially different culture created by top leadership at Purdue.

And, it's not just athletics.

The more you "peel back the onion" on the vision at Purdue, the more you'll be impressed. What I know about what's going on behind the scenes...??? .... Just, WOW.

THIS.

This is what most people don't seem to get: there's a substantially different culture created by top leadership at Purdue.

And, it's not just athletics.

The more you "peel back the onion" on the vision at Purdue, the more you'll be impressed. What I know about what's going on behind the scenes...??? .... Just, WOW.
I know some hate the idea, but the new Purdue Global is a great idea. Daniels has done one hell of a job in spite of all those who thought he'd screw the University up.

I know some hate the idea, but the new Purdue Global is a great idea. Daniels has done one hell of a job in spite of all those who thought he'd screw the University up.

Maybe more universities should be run as a business instead of like a government institution. Control costs and raise expectations. What a concept!

My parents live in a very small town in Indiana, Monroeville. For years, my dad has been going to the one and only diner in town for breakfast. One morning years ago, a man came in, accompanied by others, and sat down with his group and started to chat. It was Mitch Daniels' wearing jeans and a flannel shirt. Yes, he was running for governor at the time, but the fact that he'd stop in this rather inconsequential town says something about him. A photo was taken and after all these years it's still hanging up in my parents' kitchen.

All universities should be run as businesses.
Correct. The easiest solution to the “student loan” crisis is removing the government. They are an absolute guarantor of debts which artificially inflates the costs of college. This causes colleges to inflate the costs to the maximum the government will guarantee.

If Harvard has to endure 10k/yr a student in debt guarantees that changes their economic model. The fact Uncle Sam (taxpayers) stop cutting checks means they have to handle internal metrics. Choke the throat and you own the thrown.

Maybe more universities should be run as a business instead of like a government institution. Control costs and raise expectations. What a concept!

My parents live in a very small town in Indiana, Monroeville. For years, my dad has been going to the one and only diner in town for breakfast. One morning years ago, a man came in, accompanied by others, and sat down with his group and started to chat. It was Mitch Daniels' wearing jeans and a flannel shirt. Yes, he was running for governor at the time, but the fact that he'd stop in this rather inconsequential town says something about him. A photo was taken and after all these years it's still hanging up in my parents' kitchen.
He sits with students as well. He tries to stay in contact with reality...

Reactions: bkgolden

Monroeville! My family came from Germany in 1845 and settled in Hoagland. We are probably cousins.

I grew up across the road from Heritage High School (1/2 way between Hoagland and Monroeville) on a small 80 acre farm. My family also moved from Germany about that time (3 brothers and a cousin, with all their children; averaged about 8-10 people per family). Made a LOT of slow trips with an old John Deere model B and/or a JD 620 to both the Monroeville and Hoagland grain elevators as a kid in the 70's.

Reactions: BoilerBulldog

Are there Boiler fans in Monroeville? The few I know are the direct opposite LOL!

Correct. The easiest solution to the “student loan” crisis is removing the government. They are an absolute guarantor of debts which artificially inflates the costs of college. This causes colleges to inflate the costs to the maximum the government will guarantee.

If Harvard has to endure 10k/yr a student in debt guarantees that changes their economic model. The fact Uncle Sam (taxpayers) stop cutting checks means they have to handle internal metrics. Choke the throat and you own the thrown.

This +1,000,000

I grew up across the road from Heritage High School (1/2 way between Hoagland and Monroeville) on a small 80 acre farm. My family also moved from Germany about that time (3 brothers and a cousin, with all their children; averaged about 8-10 people per family). Made a LOT of slow trips with an old John Deere model B and/or a JD 620 to both the Monroeville and Hoagland grain elevators as a kid in the 70's.
My family’s homestead farm was on Fackler Road which I think is pretty close to where you live.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT