ADVERTISEMENT

My new year's resolution

Keep "coach" and trojan on ignore. Everyone should do the same. It really is amazing how much more enjoyable the board is without reading their BS.

If very many people adopt your resolution, I see new login ID's in the near future...

tenor.gif

I am pretty sure those were all pseudonyms for the same guy, and he was no Purdue fan. I suspect all of these turds were just Trojan horses for some fan of a rival school. It would be interesting to know the IP address of each of these names, eh?

Perhaps, but lets not forget the trouble that can cause. I got called out for using 2 different ID’s when in reality there are multiple people in my home that post on here. Always have to keep that possibility in mind too.

I am pretty sure those were all pseudonyms for the same guy, and he was no Purdue fan. I suspect all of these turds were just Trojan horses for some fan of a rival school. It would be interesting to know the IP address of each of these names, eh?
Or maybe I have used 3 usernames total on this site. NC_Trojans10, B1G_Fan, and this account.

I do know BoilerIron/BoilerKyle and also know he still posts here.

If you are going to use something like an IP address to try to figure out who people are, you may want to understand how that works. You would be better off trying to find the MAC address for each poster although each poster could have multiple MAC addresses if they are posting from different devices like phone, computer, and tablet.

Perhaps, but lets not forget the trouble that can cause. I got called out for using 2 different ID’s when in reality there are multiple people in my home that post on here. Always have to keep that possibility in mind too.
Better get them their own accounts. I had you on ignore for a while fwiw. Now that that's over with... Btfu!

Better get them their own accounts. I had you on ignore for a while fwiw. Now that that's over with... Btfu!

Their own accounts?
Each person has their own unique account and log-in ID.
What I am saying is if multiple people in the same house (all with their own unique log-in ID’s) are all using this board independently of each other- they will all have the same IP address.

For example- there was a time that I still lived with my parents. My mother is a Purdue fan as well and she’s been posting on this board longer than I have. We each had our own log-in but were posting from the same house and even the same computer at times. There is no way you can use the IP address to prove that my mother and I are the same person. It would be theoretical at best.

Their own accounts?
Each person has their own unique account and log-in ID.
What I am saying is if multiple people in the same house (all with their own unique log-in ID’s) are all using this board independently of each other- they will all have the same IP address.

For example- there was a time that I still lived with my parents. My mother is a Purdue fan as well and she’s been posting on this board longer than I have. We each had our own log-in but were posting from the same house and even the same computer at times. There is no way you can use the IP address to prove that my mother and I are the same person. It would be theoretical at best.
Ok no problem man.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT