ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan State?

Sounds like CMP left some groceries on the shelves when shopping SIU?

Covid year?​

MarcusDomask​

• Height 6-6
  • Weight 215
  • Class Graduate Student
  • Hometown Waupun, Wis.
  • High School Waupun
  • Prev School Southern Illinois
  • Instagram marcusdomask

Dad's been telling me Illinois is legit, has them winning the B10. With them hanging 98 on a good FAU team, might have to give them a watch.
Domask was on fire 🔥for IL! He scored 33 on I think 15-20 ish shooting! He was Lance Jones’s teammate at SIU. Shannon had 30 as well.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Yah I think top 4 in B1G are Purdue, Wisconsin, Illinois and Ohio State (not necessarily in that order) MSU looks to be the same team as last year, if that good.

My rank...The following teams will want a combo of road victories & also the coveted victory over conf champ Purdue to help their case for a tourney berth....

ILL
OSU
WISC
NW✔️
iu
MSU
MICH

There will be ties. Purdue by 2 games.

Hopefully, Purdue can hold off these guys, but I am sure 1-2 more of these will be tough nights for us. Hopefully, it is on their play and not some ref with an agenda.

Last edited:
I don't like it, but think we have to accept IU is going to be right there in the BT. They have some men playing in their frontcourt.

Unfortunately iu has started to put it together. A coveted road win at an upper 1/2 B10 team's court is a good start for them. One we were not able to to muster so far.

B

Bubble Team, their weak schedule will make them borderline!

Think we need to get a B10 road win before we cut down teams that have. LOL But since it's iu it's ok.😎

But yes, guess I will have to agree, I have them 6th. That could be right on the bubble for a weak B10.

I don't like it, but think we have to accept IU is going to be right there in the BT. They have some men playing in their frontcourt.
and the front court is young. The diff may be with their 3 man (freshman). That spot may be enough difference for either team to affect the results. Both Ware and Reneau go out on the perimeter, but it appears to me that Ware is more comfortable away from physical play whereas I think Reneau seeks physical play. Then their #24 guy is just there to push and shove until it gets called, if it does. I expect him to really shove Zach and to not get called for it. His whole game is to out physical you with his D. We saw this with another guy that defended Trevion down there. I think Gunn has taken a step forward. Purdue will need to play with poise this year down there. If IU finds accuracy behind the arc with Ware or Reneau there will be some rolling of the dice in how and who defends them. If poised, Purdue should prevail but I've seen enough in the hall of calls that everything is iffy down there.

Unfortunately iu has started to put it together. A coveted road win at an upper 1/2 B10 team's court is a good start for them. One we were not able to to muster so far.
You guys have a weird, reverse psychology tendency to overrate Indiana … is this like an instate pride thing? 😂

They just beat Maryland and Michigan, both of which have losing records and terrible NET rankings, and neither of which look like top half Big Ten teams.

Painter tried to recruit Lance’s team mate. Unfortunately without cutting players like Morton, Painter only had one scholarship to give. Lance’s teammate chose Illinois and Lance chose Purdue. Painter tried to make it a package deal but we only had room for one. They are both very good players.

What is wrong in Spartyville ? Izzo says they are soft
They are soft.

Hoggard has always been apathetic as a player.

Hall isn’t as good as advertised and maybe wasn’t a miss by Painter.

Xavier Booker - Izzo already said he wasn’t as ready as people thought to be day 1 impact player.

Carr - remove his slashing and dunking and he is just a freak - that’s it.

Fears - still learning but Izzo likes Hoggard more I guess?

Maddy - might have slimmed down but still isn’t good.

Just the same parts of a mediocre team from last year without any impact players.

You guys have a weird, reverse psychology tendency to overrate Indiana … is this like an instate pride thing? 😂

They just beat Maryland and Michigan, both of which have losing records and terrible NET rankings, and neither of which look like top half Big Ten teams.
You may have a point about the reverse psychology angle. I watched about 3/4 of their game last night and I do think they are improving. Are we overstating beating MD and UM? Perhaps

and the front court is young. The diff may be with their 3 man (freshman). That spot may be enough difference for either team to affect the results. Both Ware and Reneau go out on the perimeter, but it appears to me that Ware is more comfortable away from physical play whereas I think Reneau seeks physical play. Then their #24 guy is just there to push and shove until it gets called, if it does. I expect him to really shove Zach and to not get called for it. His whole game is to out physical you with his D. We saw this with another guy that defended Trevion down there. I think Gunn has taken a step forward. Purdue will need to play with poise this year down there. If IU finds accuracy behind the arc with Ware or Reneau there will be some rolling of the dice in how and who defends them. If poised, Purdue should prevail but I've seen enough in the hall of calls that everything is iffy down there.
I doubt Ware returns after this year, mock drafts have him a first round pick, Reneau is a former 5 star, not a guarentee he returns either.

Reactions: oldboiler52
I doubt Ware returns after this year, mock drafts have him a first round pick, Reneau is a former 5 star, not a guarentee he returns either.
Wow, didn't know that about Ware. I no longer watch the NBA so I would have a bad feel for fits, but wouldn't have considered Reneau able to go. Ware I "think" will have a hard time with Zach inside should he play behind or on his side perhaps. He seems quick enough that if he can front that would make a pass to Zach really tough with his quickness and length. Then you would hope Zach would wall up and Braden or Lance could take it to the hole. I'm still a bit shocked that Galloway and now Cupp not just bend the off arm to protect the ball, but pretty much extend it straight out as to straight arm the defense and never a call. Their heights could be a problem for Purdue's guards a bit...especially if they can get in the lane. There Purdue is in a pickle due to Zach/Trey/Caleb mostly possibly helping and giving up the weakside board. I expect Purdue to win, but Purdue must maintain poise...and as always the type of game called will have an effect on the outcome. I want to believe that Purdue has better shooters, but in a given game at their place one never knows...

You may have a point about the reverse psychology angle. I watched about 3/4 of their game last night and I do think they are improving. Are we overstating beating MD and UM? Perhaps
Perhaps, but IU has talent and Woody is better than the previous. Winning away is rarely easy and no question that game could have went to Michigan just as easy. I'm thinking MD was at IU, but I can't recall...AND I expect MD to be better than that game

Northwestern will surprise others at home, but are they good on the road? The type of play we saw seems more like home team motivation.

My predicted order of finish: (Top 3)

Purdue
Wisconsin +1
Illinois +2

I have them 8th, see my rankings above. Yes you are correct, that is not top half. My error.
Gotcha. I think that's high but that's just an opinion. There is talent but they have not played well and look to be missing something. If you exclude preseason bias, Torvik has the Big Ten teams ranked as follows so maybe you are right.

3 Purdue
21 OSU
23 Wisconsin
33 Illinois
37 Nebraska
51 MSU
58 Northwestern
59 Michigan
66 Iowa
87 Rutgers
88 Indiana
102 Minnesota
119 Penn State
136 Maryland

IU gets dinged hard because they've played the 237th ranked schedule so far.

Gotcha. I think that's high but that's just an opinion. There is talent but they have not played well and look to be missing something. If you exclude preseason bias, Torvik has the Big Ten teams ranked as follows so maybe you are right.

3 Purdue
21 OSU
23 Wisconsin
33 Illinois
37 Nebraska
51 MSU
58 Northwestern
59 Michigan
66 Iowa
87 Rutgers
88 Indiana
102 Minnesota
119 Penn State
136 Maryland

IU gets dinged hard because they've played the 237th ranked schedule so far.

Nebraska way high? Above NW?
iu low.
Don't see those....but rest looks relatively ok.

They are soft.

Hoggard has always been apathetic as a player.

Hall isn’t as good as advertised and maybe wasn’t a miss by Painter.

Xavier Booker - Izzo already said he wasn’t as ready as people thought to be day 1 impact player.

Carr - remove his slashing and dunking and he is just a freak - that’s it.

Fears - still learning but Izzo likes Hoggard more I guess?

Maddy - might have slimmed down but still isn’t good.

Just the same parts of a mediocre team from last year without any impact players.
And as johnboiler pointed out, Izzo is in decline. Recruiting rankings have improved the past few years, but it doesn't show in the win column.

Maryland looks like crap. I didn't know Dontay Scott was still around but he brings less to the table every year. There were also a TON of empty seats last night for their squeaker over a bad Penn State team.

Maryland looks like crap. I didn't know Dontay Scott was still around but he brings less to the table every year. There were also a TON of empty seats last night for their squeaker over a bad Penn State team.

@ Maryland is Purdue's next conference game - the dreaded January 2 spot and right before they host Illinois three days later. I will be very interested to see how Purdue plays/executes. Last year, Maryland was a hornet's nest @ home and erased an eight-point second half deficit against the Boilers in what seemed like the blink of an eye.

Cautiously optimistic, but that's partially due to reduced Boilerepherine levels after an Iowa beatdown. :)

I couldn't believe how empty that place was. Lower section seats empty everywhere. I hope it's like that when we are there.

Speaking of teams that are looking BAD.....Iowa getting rolled by Iowa State 62-35 with 15 min to go. Iowa, one of the highest scoring teams in the nation must have gotten shell shocked by Purdue. Resultantly, ISU is also laying it on them big time. Iowa looks terrible and has lost all ability to score.
Purdue broke them. Lol

Last edited:
And as johnboiler pointed out, Izzo is in decline. Recruiting rankings have improved the past few years, but it doesn't show in the win column.
Yeah he has lost his touch and just can’t figure out a roster. Maybe Booker will be good but for as highly rated he is to now be a “work in progress” is interesting.

Like the loyalty of the guys who came back for their COVID year but they might have better off with out them.

Speaking of teams that are looking BAD.....Iowa getting rolled by Iowa State 62-35 with 15 min to go. Iowa, one of the highest scoring teams in the nation must have gotten shell shocked by Purdue. Resultantly, ISU is also laying it on them big time. Iowa looks terrible and has lost all ability to score.
Purdue broke them. Lol
Iowa is just not a good team. We should/would have beaten them by 40 if we would’ve kept the top players in. I also think the guys finishing up the game let their foot off the gas to end the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT