ADVERTISEMENT

9 Wins over NET Top 25 teams

Irrespective of home/road/neutral, which of course can affect the Quads, Purdue now has 9 wins over NET Top 25 teams:
Illinois x 2
Gonzaga
Marquette
Tennessee
Alabama
Arizona
Wisconsin
Michigan State

By contrast, UConn and Houston have 7. Combined.

Been doing it all season. Sure they had their typical 43 pt H2, but last night surprised me in how they won defensively in H2. Basically took out TSJ who has been playing All American ball of late, and made him a non factor. Took out everyone, save Dumass. Clutch shooting late. Find new ways to beat great teams.

Been doing it all season. Sure they had their typical 43 pt H2, but last night surprised me in how they won defensively in H2. Basically took out TSJ who has been playing All American ball of late, and made him a non factor. Took out everyone, save Dumass. Find new ways to beat great teams.
The defense was very impressive in that the guys did such a good job of helping each other and playing as a unit. Purdue was a well-coached, well connected team last night that knew how to play to Edey’s strengths while guarding against open threes.

I did notice that the rotation was tighter last night. It’s pretty clear who Painter trusts to get it done. I also think that it may have contributed to the team cohesiveness.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT