ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan State?

Not sure Booker will turn into a great collegiate recruit. Izzo says he’s lacking a motor an intensity. That’s earned him time on the scout team evidently. It’s hard to teach/coach up drive, desire, determination, self motivation and work ethic. Hopefully for his sake he gets there but from feedback it seems he’s got a ways to go.
Seems most reports on here discussed the lack of motor in the past. Now it's on Izzo. He recruited him.

All the recruiting experts said he was gonna be awesome though??
I think the challenge is recruiting sites look at draft potential not necessarily potential in college. Plenty of guys ranked high are head scratchers then they go in the first round based on a limited set of minutes and production.

I think what happened with Booker is big and showed potential and had some good showings in the summer. That caused the top ranking and then high school season rolled around where he was just so-so. Add on top of it MSU and Duke are pushing so those schools don’t recruit average kids.

Just my 2 cents

Probably same pitch he gave to Bingham. I can see how he used the logjam at Purdue has his advantage.
I do believe Izzo uses negative recruiting tactics against us. Smarter recruits will see through it, I would hope. Pretty soon his lack of engagement with his current recruits, lack of development, and lack of more current success will begin to empty the cupboard of talent (Don't read this as "talent" = ranking, I mean "talent" = good players. Often not the same - see Booker).

:cool:

Reactions: Schnelk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT