ADVERTISEMENT

Maryland v. Purdue (Game Thread)

Is there a postgame interview with CMP that addresses the issue with the violation on our final play? I haven't been able to find one.

First question/answer. CMP owned it - wasn't cued in to the time difference, which was on him......thought the officials told the players "Hey...you have a Spot," which is code for you can't run the baseline or pass....and should have registered with them.

On to Evanston.

To paraphrase Lou Holtz and several others, Maryland gives out basketball scholarships, too. Their guys played hard as hell and were really good. Tough year for them, but they are far from talent free, and they weren’t rolling over today just because their record said the game shouldn’t be competitive. Down 11, that game could’ve been over, but it wasn’t.

They were ranked in the top 25 at the beginning of the season so someone thought they could be good.

Why all the whining? Did lllinois play better than we did this week? today? No. Did Wisconsin play better yesterday than we did today? No. This is life in the Big Ten. Every year. Every team has their stretches. I'll take the way we played in the last 10 minutes. Every game is going to be a battle. And today has very little to do with how we play in the tournament. I do hope that we handle NW's pressure this week better than Illinois' "athletic" guards did today. You would be on full meltdown if our guards played like that.
The defense has not shown any improvement. That is my biggest concern. If they guard the perimeter like this against Rutgers, it will be an extremely long night.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
vs Rutgers? I'm more concerned about the Big Dance, the effort of the last 2 games is evidence as to how we get upset by lesser teams in the Dance.
Rutgers is the next home game. The dance is later. I used Rutgers as a example because they shoot well from beyond the arc. North Texas proved how vulnerable the defense is when playing a team that shoots well from the outside. This has to improve before the post season or it will be another early exit.

Rutgers is the next home game. The dance is later. I used Rutgers as a example because they shoot well from beyond the arc. North Texas proved how vulnerable the defense is when playing a team that shoots well from the outside. This has to improve before the post season or it will be another early exit.
I'm w/ you on what you said, it's just at this time of the year I'm thinking the Big Dance and our history in it and I'm seeing things that say I've seen this show before.

I totally agree, but the bigger and most important story here is up to recently, the team getting in its own way.

I won't argue with that. Shots are not dropping and we have too many turnovers. However, anyone who walks away from this game thinking that it was well officiated, is just plain basketball naive.

Imagine we had lost it as a result of the screwup at the end!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT