ADVERTISEMENT

Kenpom, Sagarin, NCAA NET

The team has played road games at Michigan(4th in KenPom), Florida State(15th), and Texas(37th).

They played a neutral court against Va Tech (11th in KenPom).

No power 5 team in the country has had that many high caliber tough tests away from home. 3 top 15 teams away from home and a 4th who is a top 40 team.

Purdue is still a top 15 team in the nation according to KenPom and well ahead of every team in the B1G outside of the top 3 according to KenPom.

The team has played road games at Michigan(4th in KenPom), Florida State(15th), and Texas(37th).

No power 5 team in the country has had that many high caliber tough tests away from home. 3 top 15 teams away from home and a 4th who is a top 40 team.

Purdue is still a top 15 team in the nation according to KenPom and well ahead of every team in the B1G outside of the top 3 according to KenPom.

All of your points are true, however, the team is still not performing well. Except for Michigan, the other losses were games in which Purdue gave away a win. Purdue did not perform down the stretch in any of those 3.

But how about Illinois being better than Michigan State?!

But how about Illinois being better than Michigan State?!

Illinois isnt better than Michigan State. Illinois might be the absolute worst team in the B1G, maybe even worse than Rutgers. Their coach runs a scheme thats dependent on rim protecting bigs, something the roster lacks, and he refuses to change it up, which has resulted in Illinois conceding 2 pointers to the tune of 55% on defense, which ranks amongst the worst in the nation.

Illinois isnt better than Michigan State. Illinois might be the absolute worst team in the B1G, maybe even worse than Rutgers. Their coach runs a scheme thats dependent on rim protecting bigs, something the roster lacks, and he refuses to change it up, which has resulted in Illinois conceding 2 pointers to the tune of 55% on defense, which ranks amongst the worst in the nation.
That's a big change of tune. That avatar bet we have on who finishes higher between Illinois and MSU is not looking too great for you...

That's a big change of tune. That avatar bet we have on who finishes higher between Illinois and MSU is not looking too great for you...

Well I mean what I thought in preseason was all based on unknowns and projection. I did a tremendous job of collecting data that projected Illinois guard play would be good, and Frazier, Jordan, and Ayo have all been good. But I didnt account for Underwood stubbornly continuing to run a square peg system with round hole players.

What I have now is actual data to go off of. I no longer have to guess if Josh Langford and Matt Mcquaid will continue sucking or if Nick Ward will play less than 20 mins like he did in 10 of hos last 11 games last year. The data tells me Langford made a major leap, Ahrens is an absolute baller who looks like a future star, and Nick Ward has been able to handle more minutes. The data says MSU is one of the 15 best teams in the nation when healthy.

As far as the bet, its a near mortal lock to be a loss for me, save Cassius Winston blowing out a knee. MSU looks really bad when hes off the court, otherwise, Im simply not winning that bet if Cassous remains healthy.

Reactions: BoilerIron
Well I mean what I thought in preseason was all based on unknowns and projection. I did a tremendous job of collecting data that projected Illinois guard play would be good, and Frazier, Jordan, and Ayo have all been good. But I didnt account for Underwood stubbornly continuing to run a square peg system with round hole players.

What I have now is actual data to go off of. I no longer have to guess if Josh Langford and Matt Mcquaid will continue sucking or if Nick Ward will play less than 20 mins like he did in 10 of hos last 11 games last year. The data tells me Langford made a major leap,

All that data mining when you could've taken 5 minutes to compare the two rosters and known MSU would be better...Also Josh Langford was a MAC level player too according to you...Hope you won't call people stupid next time they disagree with you

All that data mining when you could've taken 5 minutes to compare the two rosters and known MSU would be better...Also Josh Langford was a MAC level player too according to you...Hope you won't call people stupid next time they disagree with you

Actually he was "one of the worst players in college basketball"

What I have now is actual data to go off of. I no longer have to guess if Josh Langford and Matt Mcquaid will continue sucking or if Nick Ward will play less than 20 mins like he did in 10 of hos last 11 games last year. The data tells me Langford made a major leap, Ahrens is an absolute baller who looks like a future star, and Nick Ward has been able to handle more minutes. The data says MSU is one of the 15 best teams in the nation when healthy.

As far as the bet, its a near mortal lock to be a loss for me, save Cassius Winston blowing out a knee. MSU looks really bad when hes off the court, otherwise, Im simply not winning that bet if Cassous remains healthy.
I appreciate your candor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT