ADVERTISEMENT

Kanon Catchings update

boilerzz

All-American
Jul 5, 2002
West Chester, OH
www.marchfirstbrewing.com
Kanon is having a nice season for Cold Hearts of Overtime Elite. Playing with and against some of the best players in the country, he is averaging:

15.7 points
6.1 rebounds
65.6% from 2
40.4% from 3
72.7% from the line

He is coming off of his best game of the season, in which he scored 27 points on 10-15 from the floor (3-5 from three) and had 11 rebounds in 27 minutes against Blue Hearts.

Kanon is having a nice season for Cold Hearts of Overtime Elite. Playing with and against some of the best players in the country, he is averaging:

15.7 points
6.1 rebounds
65.6% from 2
40.4% from 3
72.7% from the line

He is coming off of his best game of the season, in which he scored 27 points on 10-15 from the floor (3-5 from three) and had 11 rebounds in 27 minutes against Blue Hearts.

Not getting ahead of ourselves and opening the discourse about the 24-25 season, but it is gonna be fun. Will most likely be an entirely different style of play that isn’t centered around a 7ft Goliath. Braden is going to have so many weapons to work with and distribute to.

I will be curious if we run some sets where we have Braden playing more off ball to create shots for him especially pairing him with Harris and/or Cox. Will be some fun lineups especially preseason as Painter figures out the best combos.

Not getting ahead of ourselves and opening the discourse about the 24-25 season, but it is gonna be fun. Will most likely be an entirely different style of play that isn’t centered around a 7ft Goliath. Braden is going to have so many weapons to work with and distribute to.

I will be curious if we run some sets where we have Braden playing more off ball to create shots for him especially pairing him with Harris and/or Cox. Will be some fun lineups especially preseason as Painter figures out the best combos.
Well just so you know, according to some fans down south, there’s NO WAY Braden’s assists, rebounds and shooting % stay the same or increase since Zach makes it so easy for Braden to have such inflated stats. Couldn’t be the fact that Braden is actually good…

Also, no way that Braden, a year older, playing a much faster pace with the most athletic team Purdue has had in Painters time can somehow avg the same assists or (shock) more! 😂

Like you said Beef, Offense will look different by not being focused on a 7 footer and Purdue may be outside the top 15 to start but pretty sure they will be there by year end if not sooner. It’s going to be fun to watch, but I’m also enjoying one last year of the Big Maple/Baked ZEDEY/ Kel’El Ware’s father/ Big Z!

Additionally if he doesn’t, painter will expect others to increase their defense to cover for him!

Well just so you know, according to some fans down south, there’s NO WAY Braden’s assists, rebounds and shooting % stay the same or increase since Zach makes it so easy for Braden to have such inflated stats. Couldn’t be the fact that Braden is actually good…

Also, no way that Braden, a year older, playing a much faster pace with the most athletic team Purdue has had in Painters time can somehow avg the same assists or (shock) more! 😂

Like you said Beef, Offense will look different by not being focused on a 7 footer and Purdue may be outside the top 15 to start but pretty sure they will be there by year end if not sooner. It’s going to be fun to watch, but I’m also enjoying one last year of the Big Maple/Baked ZEDEY/ Kel’El Ware’s father/ Big Z!
Edey isn't good. He's just big. And Smith isn't good. Edey's just big. :rolleyes:

Watching him move through the court is sooooo smooth it is almost as though he is on skates and seems so effortless. Kyle Macy had that smoothness. He will be such a match-up problem for many. He is a better ball handler for most bigs to stay with him and the smaller guards can't keep him from just elevating up and shooting. Lot of talent...just hope the mental side wants more and more and to win at the top of his list. I have no reason to believe he doesn't...I just hope his mental approximates his physical and skill.

Hard to say not knowing the other guards coming in. Today Purdue has Braden playing off ball some and so that could continue. Still, teh majority of the game will have Braden with the ball, running the team and controlling the game. It will be more up and down as you say and that "could" allow for even more creativity by Braden

Love the Edey nicknames 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: DwaynePurvis00

Like you said Beef, Offense will look different by not being focused on a 7 footer and Purdue may be outside the top 15 to start but pretty sure they will be there by year end if not sooner. It’s going to be fun to watch, but I’m also enjoying one last year of the Big Maple/Baked ZEDEY/ Kel’El Ware’s father/ Big

I would say the team with Hummel,Johnson,Moore ,Cramer and Grant was the most athletic team.

I would say the team with Hummel,Johnson,Moore ,Cramer and Grant was the most athletic team.
Yep, and we need more of those teams moving forward
to go consistently far in March.
Looks like the future is headed that direction.
Still waiting for the next JaJuan Johnson though.
Jalen Washington in 2022, Xavier Booker in 2023, and
Flory Bidunga in 2024 are all players that fit the JJ mold.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Yep, and we need more of those teams moving forward
to go consistently far in March.
Looks like the future is headed that direction.
Still waiting for the next JaJuan Johnson though.
Jalen Washington in 2022, Xavier Booker in 2023, and
Flory Bidunga in 2024 are all players that fit the JJ mold.
Booker doesn’t seem ready for D1, Washington is avg 4 points in 8 min a game in his 2nd year and Bidunga is pretty raw still…may be in for a rude awakening in the big 12.

Yep so far. A team with Smith, Heide, Harris, Catchings, Colvin, Cox, Burgess, Jacobsen and TKR are about to take that crown. And who knows maybe Benter and Berg will add to it as well and maybe Waddell (if he’s around still)

I noticed Furst isn’t part of your team - I think he’s the transfer as well
Saw something the other day that asked the question “what if” Morton, Furst and Gillis transfer to ND next year. Familiar with the coach and how Shrews runs thing.

Saw something the other day that asked the question “what if” Morton, Furst and Gillis transfer to ND next year. Familiar with the coach and how Shrews runs thing.
"What if....?"

Then Notre Dame will struggle to score as much as they do now.

• Haha
Reactions: tjreese
don't know the roster well, but Mason would probably high on his list the way he shoots the ball

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
don't know the roster well, but Mason would probably high on his list the way he shoots the ball
Well Shrews let his team have it earlier this season by saying they are all replaceable (sic). Took a lot of heat for it but wouldn’t be surprised to see him hit the portal hard. Bringing in someone like the names I mentioned who have experience and skill, could help as he grows the program.

Reactions: tjreese
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT