ADVERTISEMENT

I've never rooted for Purdue once in my life....

Dec 11, 2011
Until last night. I've lost my grandmother to cancer. A special woman who raised me, and straighten my ass out. Just a wonderful woman, who loved me unconditionally. If not for her, I'd hate to see where I would be today. With that being said-------

The scene last night brought me to tears. Brought back memories. Sometimes, you have to put aside a simple game...A rivalry. Because in moments like these, it reminds you of how precious life is. And how it can quickly be taken away.

All I could think about during the game was---What a wonderful moment for this kid, his family and friends. After all, it very well could be the last time they get an opportunity to enjoy such happiness.

I'm usually not one who's lost for words. But I am. I just cant find the words toto describe that moment, that scene, any justice. To see that young man be that happy, facing the issues he is----Man. Just wonderful.

I will certainly put this young man, his family, his frands, and yes---Boiler nation, in our prayers. Just one of the most touching moments I've ever witnessed in my life.

Until last night. I've lost my grandmother to cancer. A special woman who raised me, and straighten my ass out. Just a wonderful woman, who loved me unconditionally. If not for her, I'd hate to see where I would be today. With that being said-------

The scene last night brought me to tears. Brought back memories. Sometimes, you have to put aside a simple game...A rivalry. Because in moments like these, it reminds you of how precious life is. And how it can quickly be taken away.

All I could think about during the game was---What a wonderful moment for this kid, his family and friends. After all, it very well could be the last time they get an opportunity to enjoy such happiness.

I'm usually not one who's lost for words. But I am. I just cant find the words toto describe that moment, that scene, any justice. To see that young man be that happy, facing the issues he is----Man. Just wonderful.

I will certainly put this young man, his family, his frands, and yes---Boiler nation, in our prayers. Just one of the most touching moments I've ever witnessed in my life.
Well said, sir.

Well said and a classy move to come over and say it.

Much respect and sorry for ur lost.

RIP, sorry for your lost. I never get why people put so much emotion on win and loss. Life or death OF COURSE is more important anything else in life, and it's just too obvious. Don't even have to mention that. They are just some stupid balls.

Reactions: Purdue85

There's a special place in heaven for grandmas like yours.

As one who has lost a wife to cancer, my condolences to you and your family. And....it's not that hard to switch to being a Boiler fan.

The hated C word that has brought many a person to his or her knees, the disease that takes so much away from victim and those loved ones of his or hers. I'm sorry for your loss as I am for all that face this hideous disease and look forward to a day it no longer affects so many.

No doubt Tyler Trent has affected many in different ways in a very positive manner. FWIW, a child hood friend (IU fan) that lives in the villages sent me a video that we have all seen and asked if I had seen it. He said it was very touching as it is. Glad your grandmother was interested in your future more than being a friend...glad you recognize that.

BoilerfanBorden , does have a better ring to it.
No, no, no...But I will say, the dislike isn't what it was. I'm 46. And TBH, I guess the only reason I never liked Purdue was....well, b/c I wasn't suppose to---Right? Then you SEE, not hear, but see something like this. And it just "wows" you. It gives a personal connection. You know, like....hey, this is a game. A damn game. Here's this young man, fighting for his life. And me? I'm at home bickering about paying this bill, or that. Or where to eat. It really humbles you.

It embarrass you, really. I mean---its a damn game.

No, no, no...But I will say, the dislike isn't what it was. I'm 46. And TBH, I guess the only reason I never liked Purdue was....well, b/c I wasn't suppose to---Right? Then you SEE, not hear, but see something like this. And it just "wows" you. It gives a personal connection. You know, like....hey, this is a game. A damn game. Here's this young man, fighting for his life. And me? I'm at home bickering about paying this bill, or that. Or where to eat. It really humbles you.

It embarrass you, really. I mean---its a damn game.
Perspective can be a wonderful gift. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT