ADVERTISEMENT

Is Eastern Fibbing?

I don't think anyone is worried in the least. It's Tiger King train wreck entertainment now.
The Eastern saga cast as Tiger King characters..

Treed: Carole Baskin and Joe Exotic all rolled into one (does anyone really know what happened to "Mr. Treed"?..)

Painter: Jeff Lowe (not a perfect fit, but definitely not a fan of Joe or Carol)

Nojel: The tigers, as a whole (used and mistreated as a cub, spooked by surroundings, better suited for a different environment)

Purdue Teammates: That tiger trainer that got his/her arm ripped off by the tiger

Rick Kirkham: Dakich (hack media person trying to capture the drama)

Doc Antle: Juwan Howard (Just a side show to the whole ordeal. A rival brought into the fray for no apparent reason.)

You and me: The dude who liked Joe at one point but went crazy over the whole ordeal and blew his brains out

Also you and me: Shaq (used to interact with Joe but now wants nothing to do any of it)

Last edited:
Y'all need to stop bugging out over Nojel. He made his decision. He's not our dude to worry about anymore.

On to the next season.
I'm just upset because my 8 yr old's favorite Purdue player is Nojel (kid loves playing defense) and I have to explain to him that sometimes people make bad decisions. Guess who his second favorite player is? Thats right, Haarms. That one will be easier to explain because Matt has already graduated and trying something new.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
This is getting juicy. See the tweet below. It seems like he never was offered a scholarship there. This has to be the worst cases of helicopter parenting I’ve ever seen. Treed has controlled his life so much that she’s basically ruined basketball for him.

Tweet

Last edited:
After 15 years, you would have to be drafted by the veterans committee.
I am going to tell my mom and you are going to be in
The Eastern saga cast as Tiger King characters..

Treed: Carole Baskin and Joe Exotic all rolled into one (does anyone really know what happened to "Mr. Treed"?..)

Painter: Jeff Lowe (not a perfect fit, but definitely not a fan of Joe or Carol)

Nojel: The tigers, as a whole (used and mistreated as a cub, spooked by surroundings, better suited for a different environment)

Purdue Teammates: That tiger trainer that got his/her arm ripped off by the tiger

Rick Kirkham: Dakich (hack media person trying to capture the drama)

Doc Antle: Juwan Howard (Just a side show to the whole ordeal. A rival brought into the fray for no apparent reason.)

You and me: The dude who liked Joe at one point but went crazy over the whole ordeal and blew his brains out

Also you and me: Shaq (used to interact with Joe but now wants nothing to do any of it)
If anyone is Jeff Lowe it would be Juwan Howard - a snake oil salesman who promised big but never delivered.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
One thing I’m pretty sure of by now is that Juwan Howard and Phil Martelli are professionals, and did not
  1. Tamper
  2. Promise Nojel Eastern “Free reign over the offense.”
As for whether they ever extended a committable offer? Unlikely.

What is now destined to happen is that Eastern will “choose” to stay in the draft, and Michigan will not comment so that he can save face. I suppose if Chandee Brown spurns UM they might consider taking Eastern, but that photoshopped tweet he sent probably really damaged his chances for that outcome.

One thing I’m pretty sure of by now is that Juwan Howard and Phil Martelli are professionals, and did not
  1. Tamper
  2. Promise Nojel Eastern “Free reign over the offense.”
As for whether they ever extended a committable offer? Unlikely.

What is now destined to happen is that Eastern will “choose” to stay in the draft, and Michigan will not comment so that he can save face. I suppose if Chandee Brown spurns UM they might consider taking Eastern, but that photoshopped tweet he sent probably really damaged his chances for that outcome.

So in other words, TwinDegrees2 once again coming up with a completely inaccurate theory not founded by anything? Par for the course, just another day in the office for him.

So in other words, TwinDegrees2 once again coming up with a completely inaccurate theory not founded by anything? Par for the course, just another day in the office for him.
Chaundee Brown just committed to Michigan today.

I'm just upset because my 8 yr old's favorite Purdue player is Nojel (kid loves playing defense) and I have to explain to him that sometimes people make bad decisions. Guess who his second favorite player is? Thats right, Haarms. That one will be easier to explain because Matt has already graduated and trying something new.
I wouldn't be upset. It's a great teaching moment.

Reactions: Purdue85
This is getting juicy. See the tweet below. It seems like he never was offered a scholarship there. This has to be the worst cases of helicopter parenting I’ve ever seen. Treed has controlled his life so much that she’s basically ruined basketball for him.

Tweet

This is flipping hilarious. I don't wish this on Nojel. But his mom has to be one of the most delusional people on the planet. If he wasn't offered a scholarship and she had the graphic and announcement done, I might laugh for days

This is flipping hilarious. I don't wish this on Nojel. But his mom has to be one of the most delusional people on the planet. If he wasn't offered a scholarship and she had the graphic and announcement done, I might laugh for days
I was thinking the same thing ... when ALL that can go wrong, does go wrong!!!!

So Hoosier fans are on the PU board making comments they're sure of. Just like they were sure IU was going to be very good last year. Right boys?

Define good? Most reputable sites had IU finishing 8-10 in the B10 last year. Disappointing conference season, but still did enough to make the tournament had one been played.

Was it any worse than you picking Purdue to win the B10 and go the Final Four?

Reactions: cosmickid
Define good? Most reputable sites had IU finishing 8-10 in the B10 last year. Disappointing conference season, but still did enough to make the tournament had one been played.

Was it any worse than you picking Purdue to win the B10 and go the Final Four?
Come on coach. I don’t see anything wrong with being a homer on your own board. I think most of us were wiser and did not have such lofty expectations. That said, last year was a disappointment for most of us Purdue fans. I had expected a top 3 in the BIG finish myself. That is just the way sports goes sometimes.

Come on coach. I don’t see anything wrong with being a homer on your own board. I think most of us were wiser and did not have such lofty expectations. That said, last year was a disappointment for most of us Purdue fans. I had expected a top 3 in the BIG finish myself. That is just the way sports goes sometimes.
Agreed it was a down year for the Boilers and yet Purdue finished as a higher seed than IU. Also smoked em again twice. I guess it shows where the 2 programs are and where their true expectations are now. iU fans are bragging and Purdue fans are pissed. LOL

2007 was 13 years ago. That’s less than two decades. The point stands. Yes, you guys are on a big run. Nothing we haven’t done before.

Decent difference though. Our rosters in the late Keady years were pretty bad. Nothing like the roster Archie has had since he’s been at IU.

Reactions: Inspector100
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT